Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MDMA under depression?

G

Invité
GOD, when you say that MDMA is a mood enhancer, as (if I'm not mistaken) its main action is stimulating the production of serotonin, is it correct to say that this substance is also a mood enhancer ?

I'm curious about this...

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"its main action is stimulating the production of serotonin, is it correct to say that this substance is also a mood enhancer ? "

I havent got a clue about that sorry................... i`m not a doctor either .......

And again i didnt want to have a go at anyone , i just got anoyed because i thought that what had been said was more than crass and needed puting straight .

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
God, no offence taken. I love you too. I still hope you change your mind, and will come to this summer to the xxl-outside meeting anyway. Then we can smoke a fat blunt in the baking sun.

The main point I was trying to get across is that Thadivine and his friend should make up their own mind. That is why I had a go at quistioning the standard advice of 'do not mix MDMA with depression'.

Sure, it is the safest bet for the advising party to advice against it. Maybe even the common sence as you put it so nicely. But if he wanted common sence, then he could have gone to any number of drug-education websites.

Me, or anyone else, cannot decide for them. That's why it is important to present different views.

Thadavine, I'll say it agin. Good luck to you guys and have a good whaterever you do.

Greetings,

dr. Mengele.

698334.jpg

Shake

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Mar 2008
I have not read every post in this thread but i will give my 2 cents worth anyway..

A person without depression can fell very down and depressed the next couple of days after taking ecstasy...

ASSUMPTION - So a person who is really down and depressed already, will be on a temporary extreme high, and then fall much lower than before.... Although this effect will be temporary, i would still take his shoe laces and belt out just in case!

But maybe the E will good in giving him a glowing experience and give him a good outlook on some things.. I know that positive feelings that i experience on e strangely stay with me for long long after the experience.

None of us are doctors, theres no need to take shots at each other. Everyone is here to share our ideas, knowledge, and experiences. We should give the guy credit for at least searching for a more experienced persons opinion.

And DONT let him near weed.. I know too many weed smokers who turned bi-polar, or are just messed up now.. Last i heard 1 in 5 bipolar disorder sufferers end up killing themselves..

Shake

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Mar 2008
Okay i just read that he was abused... MDMA has been proven to open people up to be able to deal with trumatic experiences...

Rape victims have been treated with it and found it to have excellent results..

If it was me, id make sure it was a good pill that contained real mdma, then give him the whole thing. And take one for yourself!

MDMA is an exceptional drug, There is the high point and then a bit of a downer the next day (but only sometimes & very rarely for me). I dont remember any of the down times, but i remember all the good ones with glowing fond memories.

Dose him up and get him to talk about his problems, while listening to nice music. I reckon he will find them much easier to deal with after that.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
High Dr.Mengele and Co.,

"I still hope you change your mind, and will come to this summer to the xxl-outside meeting anyway. Then we can smoke a fat blunt in the baking sun. "

That sounds realy good exept that i dont take any drugs anymore . The thing about the XXL meeting is that i get money on the last day of this month and then i would have to go straight to the bus station and book 2 or 3 busses to get there and 2 or 3 to get back . Plus maybe a taxi from the last bus stop to the party and back . My experience with booking buses and taxis is very bad especial for the time 20th to the 22nd of june = high season . When i add that stress to the stress of actualy going and having to talk to loads of bus people and organising it it seems to much for me . Then there is the fact that i get 300 Es to live for the month = after i pay the bus fare i will have next to nothing to eat for the next month . I wanted to know in advance so i could "earn" some money but i cant even organise that in the time available . I`m totaly fucked up health wise so the thought of all that is to much for me . I needed to know details so i could take my time about booking and save me a lot of bad nerves . And i have no passport or identity card so if big brother stoped me i would get castrated . Theoreticaly i could still come but its to much for my nerves , i want to have a good time and not feel totaly stressed out . I am looking forwards to meeting everyone , but it will have to be another time .

"if he wanted common sence, then he could have gone to any number of drug-education websites."

Personaly i`ve never seen any oficial drug education web site that shows any common sense .

A few examples :-

I had someone die in my arms after i gave him a fix .

A neigbour died in my arms after his "friends" dosed him with heroin .

I gave someone a bad trip because he was freaking out on acid after having to scrape up loads of bodys after a big train crash and i got him to talk about it = he relived it .

I took three people to a healing ceremony but was a little ambitious with the dosing = i had about 15 g of dried P.Semilanceata and had to lie down . The others had 1 - 3 g. One of the people has never taken any drugs again , another takes no drugs and drinks masses of alcohol , the other doesnt trust me 100% anymore .

The reason that Ayahuasca ceremonys are secret and you have to express the wish to be acepted and then be checked out for a few years is to stop people with mental problems self medicating or playing medicin man , to stop them inviting people to boost their egos . Shaman / therapists / doctors dont invite people or offer their services , they wait untill the person makes a conscious decission for themselves and ask for help . Mentaly confused people can not always make rational desissions . Then they dont have a "friend" who has overestimated himself to hold their hand = friends cant hold your hand on your date with destiny , you have to take your own responsibility . Which untrained person can do that ? Who can make a telepathic long distance diagnosis ?

"We should give the guy credit for at least searching for a more experienced persons opinion. "

Yes , Thadivine deserves the credit for not doing it and asking first . Doesnt that asking show that Thadivine had thought about it and had had second thoughts . But whats that got to do with responsibility , swolen egos or people stylising themselves to be "shaman" or doctors or therapists and recomending him to put one of his feet in prison ? How long do you get in prison in your country for murder ? Do you want another person to have to be fished out of a kanal after trying to talk to the fish , again ?

"If it was me, id make sure it was a good pill that contained real mdma"

= buy several and have them tested in a lab first because who knows whats in it or what its cut with . Do you know any doctor that prescribes pills without knowing exactly whats in them ? Are you prepared to do that ? What if it was your kid ? I bet that all the people who have recomended Thadivine to poison his friend have no experience as parents ???

Please , no more excuses , no more talking around things trying to deny your responsibilitys . Answer my questions . Are you prepared to take the responsibility for everything that could happen ?

Thats my last post on the subject . All i see here is little kids saying "Oh yes i can" over and over again . I hope you understand and dont force youself to learn the hard way .

Love Dr.Albert Schweizer................

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Being a pussy and holding yourself back from every possible step in the world will NOT improve your life. You'll lead a life you probably don't want.
Be a pioneer, be an adventurer, be a conquerer, EXPERIMENT. See what problems it can solve.. WORK with it yourself. don't think everything is so damn easy, you gotta fight for it. i've been in depressions, yet i have taken lsd, mushies, mdma, coke, thc,... i might feel better now then a couple years before. (i did not take any medication though).
be wise, make a choice of your own, make a decision of how you want your life to look. choose a path. BE WATER, my friend!

Shake

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Mar 2008
I am with Lion/Bruce Lee on that for sure, good post man.

:thumbsup:

G

Invité
Lion a dit:
Being a pussy and holding yourself back from every possible step in the world will NOT improve your life.

Well, there is a big difference in being cautious and being a pussy.

The fact that you were in depressions and took drugs might prove that you didn't really have a depression, you just felt like being depressed, I mean it's all in your head right?
Or it was real, but you could handle it anyway.
But this is in no way an indication for how somebody else should do it.

I do agree that many things in life you have to work or fight for, but being cautious doesn't mean you're being a pussy.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
Lion a dit:
Being a pussy and holding yourself back from every possible step in the world will NOT improve your life.

Well, there is a big difference in being cautious and being a pussy.

The fact that you were in depressions and took drugs might prove that you didn't really have a depression, you just felt like being depressed, I mean it's all in your head right?
Or it was real, but you could handle it anyway.
But this is in no way an indication for how somebody else should do it.

I do agree that many things in life you have to work or fight for, but being cautious doesn't mean you're being a pussy.

yup, you're right.. it might have been just in my head.. all things are, aren't they?
anyway, i'm not saying he shouldn't be cautious.. i even advice to be very cautious. but remember; once you've taken the drug there's no going back.

i still vote yes to take it. it was his thought in the first place. and when you got that idea in your head it will keep on scratching your mind untill you've taken it.

as space said; be cautious..
but i would definetely do it.. you never know what doors it might open.

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
This has become a highly thought provocing thread.

After a walk in the park, I decided to react by not reacting at all.

Repeated insults are no use.

->leaving this thread.

forgetoz

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Nov 2006
"its main action is stimulating the production of serotonin, is it correct to say that this substance is also a mood enhancer ? "

I havent got a clue about that sorry................... i`m not a doctor either .......

MDMA does not only promote the production of Serotonin but also inhibits its re-uptake (which means it increases the ammount of Serotonin avaliable in the synpatic fence), but also has blocking effects on the Dopaminergic system and I think it also affects the production of neuroepenephrine and others.

Depression has been CORRELATED with low Serotonin levels, and most anti-depressives work on that basis, BUT absolutely noone knows exactly the totality of Serotonin's role on the CNS (or of any other neurotransmitter!), so even prescription anti-depressives have serious side effects ("pyramide effect" if I'm not mistaken).

That being said, why would you want to mess with not 1 piece of the puzzle, but 2 or 3 (and each one of them having a cascade of parallel effects)?

There's no such thing as low doses when dealing on this subjects and I would definetly keep my self belt on if I was you\him.

Over and out of this topic :twisted:

Peace!

No point on the "insults", but highly thought provocative matters is what we want! :lol:

thadivine

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
God,

When i take something or give something to my friends i always ask myself and them to accept any possible consequenses, there isnt anything in life thats fully safe to do, especiallty not drugs, and IF you take em, you are the one responsible for your your own body. And if my friend is willing to take the risk to do it, its his decision...

Before taking such a decision, you must be aware of the effects and the dangers of the drug(not my choice of word), especially combined with depression. this is not being apussy, its being cautious, couse the last thing idd wanna do, is fuck my body and mind up, becouse i was trying not to be pussy...

We are still not 100% sure if we are gonna take it,

thnx for all the help again :)

grttz