Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MDMA + Diphenhydramine HCL

pax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
Hey Team ;)
I've recently been experimenting with combining MDMA and symbiotic pharmaceutics. So far I've tried Oxytocin w/ minimum success. Oxytocin, as it is understood, is what causes the "magic" of mdma but there is no easy way of introducing additional Oxytocin to the brain, other then what MDMA releases as a side effect. (Oxytocin will not cross the BBB and unless you plan on mainlining it directly to your skull it is a waste of time) I will be researching chemical analogues to Oxytocin which can cross the BBB but haven't had much luck pocuring.

Anyway, this brings me on to Diphenhydramine a known Seratonin re-uptake inhibitor, also known as Benadryl, Unisom and a host of other OTC medications. Apparently taken alone Diphenhydramine can cause euphoria and halucinations in dosses exceeding 150mg. Has anyone tried combining the two. Would consuming DPH after mdma be at all beneficial?

While we are on the subject, has anyone had any success combining MDMA with other chemicals / medications? (Outside the norm of LSD, Mushrooms, GHB etc)

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
MDMA + serotonin reuptake inhibitors don't work out well because MDMA enters the presynaptic cell trough these reuptake proteins. But we are not talking SSRI's here. There are different mechanisms of inhibition. And even if the MDMA would work with diphenhydramine it sounds like serotonin syndrome to me.

What's the mechanism of oxytocin release? Is it another mechanism next to the serotonin high or is it a consequence of the serotonin high? Are there chemicals that elevate oxytocin but not serotonin? I believe your answer lies there.

pax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
Oxytocin release seems to be strictly related to MDMA and is a unique function of the chemical is relation to it's peers or other SSRI's. It's functions are of course not completely understood but it is believed that Oxytocin stores get released into the brain as a side effect of Mdma binding to the 5HT-1a receptors.