Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MDMA and Oxytocin

pax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
It has become common knowledge that MDMA's effects are caused by the release and subsequent re-uptake inhibition of serotonin. Research has also shown that oxytocin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin is indirectly released into the brain due to mdma's role with the 5HT-1 receptors. I believe that the oxytocin is actually responsible for the loved up feeling or the "magic" of mdma.
In addition to a healthy diet is there anything specific one can do to increase oxytocin reserves in the brain. [/url]

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Harvest and extract a few breast feeding babys brains .

pax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
tempting but that doesn't solve the blood brain barrier issue.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
you really can't do that kind of thing... I don't believe you can anyway without doing some kind of damage...

Just eat alot of berries, bananas and turkey thats basically the best advice i have

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Did i understand that right ? Oxytocin doesnt pass the blood brain barrier.......... but it gets prescribed as a medicine with sucess ??????????

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
In addition to a healthy diet is there anything specific one can do to increase oxytocin reserves in the brain.
Fall in love and make love?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Pax ......have a sex change , get pregnant and have a child .

pax

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
God:
No oxytocin can not cross the blood brain barrier, some of it's chemical analougues, however, can.

Synthetic oxytocin is sold as medication under the trade names Pitocin and Syntocinon and also as generic oxytocin. Oxytocin is destroyed in the gastrointestinal tract, and therefore must be administered by injection or as nasal spray. Oxytocin has a half-life of typically about three minutes in the blood. Oxytocin given intravenously does not enter the brain in significant quantities - it is excluded from the brain by the blood-brain barrier. There is no evidence for significant CNS entry of oxytocin by nasal spray. Oxytocin nasal sprays have been used to stimulate breastfeeding but the efficacy of this approach is doubtful.[22]

Injected oxytocin analogues are used to induce labor and support labor in case of non-progression of parturition. It has largely replaced ergotamine as the principal agent to increase uterine tone in acute postpartum haemorrhage. Oxytocin is also used in veterinary medicine to facilitate birth and to increase milk production. The tocolytic agent atosiban (Tractocile) acts as an antagonist of oxytocin receptors; this drug is registered in many countries to suppress premature labour between 24 and 33 weeks of gestation. It has fewer side-effects than drugs previously used for this purpose (ritodrine, salbutamol and terbutaline).

Some have suggested that the trust-inducing property of oxytocin might help those who suffer from social anxieties and mood disorders, while others have noted the potential for abuse with confidence tricks.[23][24]

God:
Btw, when did you become of so little value. I remember thoughtful and generally helpful posts from you and as of late they have been littered with sarcasm and uselessness.