Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

LSD + SSRI :(?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It might help a few people who think they have depression . But were they diagnosed by a doctor or was it a self diagnosis . Just because it worked for one person doesnot mean that it will work for another . Every case/patient is diferent . They have diferent symptoms and different mental makeups . Anyone recomending mentaly ill/unstable people to take drugs should be whipped through the streets . Life is not a game of poker . People who have mental problems and/or are taking medicines should not be taking drugs . Solve the problems first and then take drugs .

Yatenkaiohu

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
5 Sept 2008
GOD a dit:
It might help a few people who think they have depression . But were they diagnosed by a doctor or was it a self diagnosis . Just because it worked for one person doesnot mean that it will work for another . Every case/patient is diferent . They have diferent symptoms and different mental makeups . Anyone recomending mentaly ill/unstable people to take drugs should be whipped through the streets . Life is not a game of poker . People who have mental problems and/or are taking medicines should not be taking drugs . Solve the problems first and then take drugs .

Medicine is just another word for legal drugs. I don't see how Prozac could help somebody over LSD, considering with Prozac you had shooting and all that.

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
This is interesting:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_health3.shtml

When I first saw the post, I thought the question was more about this (from erowid):

SSRIs (like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Celexa, Desyrel) or MAOIs (like Nardil, Parnate, Marplan, Eldepryl, Aurorex, Manerix) are fairly consistently reported to noticeably reduce the effects of LSD. MAOIs seem to cause a greater reduction in the effects of LSD than SSRIs.

rather than asking if it was ok or not.

The funniest thing in the whole thread it this:

No one who takes anti depressants or has mental problems should take drugs .

Doesn't that sound a little contradictory?

I'm so surprised that all of you people, with such suspicion and open mindedness about the government and law, are able to accept the over diagnosis of "mental problems" and especially the over medication of people with "mental problems".

I always had laughed when an old prozac commercial came on. It showed a woman getting frustrated because of a bad wheel on a shopping cart. Doesn't everyone get aggravated over those things? They were trying to say everyone who does needed meds.

I wouldn't advocate it on a general basis, but I am sure there are many people who have been diagnoses with "mental problems" and medicated who would be much better off not taking the "medicine" and taking LSD periodically. Probably more people than are actually helped by the medication.

I know some people need it and are helped because of a real physiological problem, but I think that's much rarer than the rate of medication.

I think now the medications are used not for physiological problems, but to try to help with psychological (edit) problems that are not physiologic and medication will only cover up the problem.

I would have thought most people here would be much more Jungian than...I don't even know what they call it now...but it seems like the philosophy is "medicate all mental problems."

Even family doctors with little training in psychology are prescribing this stuff after one visit. That's insane (unless it's a life or death emergency.)

There have also been studies that say that prozac doesn't even work recently. And others that show that teenagers become suicidal on these meds that have not been tested for safety on their age group in clinical trials.

Man......I think I need to take a chill pill.....sorry for all the ranting, but this stuff just drives me crazy.

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
Here are some links to those studies about this stuff:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02701.html

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=3862559

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00452.html

http://www.braytonlaw.com/news/mednews/ ... ssants.htm

And I guess I should mention that I believe one of the biggest force behind this trend that I consider bad is the pharmaceutical industry.

A good way to get dirt on the pharmaceutical industry is to search google or youtube for "big pharma."

They are the same people who promote drugs (or should I say medicine) over any lifestyle or diet change for physical problems.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Agree .

The pharma industry is also one of trhe driving forces in the war against drugs . If sacramental drugs were legal the pharma industry would nearly go out of buisness .

There is a big difference between saying LSD is a better medicine and self medication . LSD as a medicine needs to be in competent hands .

SativaSoul

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
7 Fev 2006
I have some experience taking celxa and lsd. A few years back I was on 40mg of celaxa. I tried tripping a few times during that period but it just never worked. Shrooms and acid totally seemed tohave lost their effect. Just the onset seemed normal after that nothing. This lasted allmost two months after stopping celaxa.

It just really seems to diminish te effect. It shouldn't be bad farmacologically though.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i read an article in mens health yesterday, and here's some quotes from a debate at the april 08 meeting for the European Psychiatric Association in Nice on the effectiveness of current generation anti-depressants.

"The study authors analyzed the raw data of 35 clinical trials of the drugs paroxetine (paxil), fluoxetine (prozac), venlafaxine (effexor), and nefazodone, and found the drugs to be little better than sugar pills."

"US doctors wrote nearly a quarter of a billion prescriptions in 07, which rang up $11.9 billion in sales for the drugs manufacturers."

" "the point of our study was to establish the relationship between baseline severity and anti-depressant efficacy," said Brett Deacon Ph.d. a psycologist from the university of Wyoming."

"according to the drug industrys own data, he said, "when you prescribe an anti-depressant to someone with moderate to mild depression, you are essentially prescribing a placebo.." Deacon also noted that in "very severely" depressed patients (scoring 25+ on the 52 point Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression), the drugs work better than sugar pills, but only by an average of 1.8 points"

the defense (Hans-Jurgen Moller, M.D.) has nearly nothing noteworthy as he cites no facts or statistics from any studies, instead countering with statesments like

"all my doctors belive very strongly in the efficacy of antidepressants"
and
"Sometimes those who are more on the side of evidence-based medicine don't want this 'eminence-based medicine'"

"as he uttered these words, a Powerpoint image of Dr. Mollers face morphed into that of a smiling pope benedict"

whats to say that a better drug (lsd) given under the proper environment and care, much like these shitty-rocket-fuel-additive anti-depressants, couldn't garner a far more wholesome and generally effective treatment in the area of depression/mental illness?

Dreamsters

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
23 Sept 2008
My 2 cents: Get some MDMA and find a good concert. LSD should not be mixed with anti-depressants or the mentally ill.

VintagexPlastic

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
18 Sept 2008
Dreamsters a dit:
My 2 cents: Get some MDMA and find a good concert. LSD should not be mixed with anti-depressants or the mentally ill.
MDMA is TONS worse for people with depression, the overflow of the artificial serotinin may cause some of the serotonin receptors to shut.
MDMA is the WORST thing someone with depression could do.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
when i was "diagnosed" with depression like a decade ago, all the doctor did was ask me 8 questions.

and really lame questions too.. like are you unhappy, having trouble sleeping, etc, thinking of suicide (i answered yes to 7, all except the suicide one)

then he was like here you go, prescription to venlafaxine (an SNRI, what the fuck was he thinking, I don't know, but I certainly didn't know better at the time)

after a few months of becoming a useless zombie I stopped and never touched them again. i changed my life, as that was what was getting me down. i didn't need drugs. i had a period of much darker depression a few years later, and it was hell, but i got through it without drugs by changing my life around again. it wasn't easy but it was better than living in a house of cards.

i don't doubt that ssri's etc may help some people who physically require it. but you really gotta be careful with these things and make sure the doc actually knows what he is doing. you gotta pay attention to the signs your body is giving you.

as for lsd I started with it after about half a year of recovery time from that second period of depression. i wasn't looking for a good time and didn't expect it.. the first trip was difficult, but it has been a healing force for me, amongst other useful things, by giving me a different perspective on myself and my emotions and insights into things i might never have figured out otherwise. and more importantly it taught me how to get there without lsd.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
every body is different. the pharma industry knows this very well. we all have different [brain]chemistry, and depression can be caused by any number of things. you may have a genetic predisposition to low seretonin levels or you may have suffered a mental or physical trauma.

chemically there are no reasons for not combining the two, but the timing may be wrong for the individual. they may just be looking for escape, when what they will get can be the opposite of escapt - face to face with all their problems. how likely is it the will be in the correct mind SET for the experience? only they will know and they may be fooling themselves, determined to have a good time.

i took shed loads of shrooms and acid while i was depressed. it wasnt always helpfull. you need energy to deal with psychedelics, and that can be something you dont have while depressed.

anyway, no matter what i believe, i would never recomend to someone who is having problems to take psychedelics. that is entirely up to them.

what i will say is this: i recomen di you are taking paroxetine (Seroxat) and LSD together you carry a change of underwear. paroxetine is the strongest laxative i have ever taken and i would like to meet whoever invented it to shake him/her by the throat

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
st.bot.32 a dit:
i wasn't looking for a good time and didn't expect it.. the first trip was difficult, but it has been a healing force for me, amongst other useful things, by giving me a different perspective on myself and my emotions and insights into things i might never have figured out otherwise. and more importantly it taught me how to get there without lsd.

this is the type of treatment i am talking about, although i would reccomend the type of trip that is guided/reassured by someone experienced with psychedelics, i think that self realization/appreciation from acid or mush is crucial in order for the healing from depression to occur, but once again, only if the person thinks that they are ready.. i have come from a similar path, and psychedelics essentially cured me of my manic depression and gave me many insights on what i was doing with my life and what directions i should take next to improve it.. peace love and stable psyche