Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Losing my religion

aliaarhus

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Oct 2004
A couple of weeks ago I wrote an essay (3 pages) about my life, religion, mushrooms and LSD. And here it is, hope you'll enjoy it :)

Losing My Religion
I was born in the Middle East in a very religious family. I have followed Islam since I was a little kid, but suddenly I decided to quit the religion back when I was 17, even though it was a very big part of my life. I can’t really put words on what happened in my mind, I just felt myself as a slave for a God whose existence has never been proven to anyone.

My mother hired four imams (Muslim priests) just to make me change my mind and reconvert to Islam. She was afraid that I would make a big mess in my life and then regret it. That’s a very typical thought for a Muslim - for a Muslim there is no other reality than the reality which Islam gives you when you are being raised with the religion. Once you quit the religion your life will be complete nonsense, both in your own head and in the eyes of others.

My mother is a very religious woman and has a very personal relationship to Islam; therefore she just can’t understand my thoughts because she is isolated from the world’s reality by the reality of Islam. I still respect the religion even though I decided to quit it and denied all of its allegations and theories on God’s words and the human existence.

When I decided to quit the religion I realized that religion is an important thing in people’s lives. A religion is something that gives people hope and meaning. Your life won’t be meaningless any longer when you have joined a religion. It gives you answers on what is going to happen to you once you die, and at the same time it has a law that tells you how to act in the world if you want to be a part of heaven. It makes sense to many people, but it just didn’t make sense to me. To me it felt very absurd and ridiculous to know that if I didn’t follow the law of the religion, I actually was making my way directly to hell. I didn’t like the feeling that took over my body every time I did something wrong, which is stamped as reprehensible in the religion. I was always afraid because I knew that God was watching me and my actions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I couldn’t have a private life; I couldn’t be completely alone in the world, and that annoyed me a lot.

I also realized that religion was a way to control a community in the same way as the government does today. 1400 years ago you couldn’t control a country in the same way as today, because no one possessed the authority and power to make people act exactly as you wanted them to. In this case religion was a very effective way to control people: One “God

supersquirrel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Oct 2004
what was the dosage for the mushrooms and lsd? that is quite an experience by the way. i feel like i have gained just from reading it. i have never been religious but there are many things that take the same shape as religion with different names (science, law, etc) that i have been involved in, so i think i can identify with someone that questions such things.

good post man

ACE101

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Jan 2003
Your experiences sound a lot like mine. I have such a greater understanding of us. Meaning people, this planet, this universe, our lives, why we are here and what we have to do. I've left my body and traveled through the stars to an unknown place as well.

I don't full understand everything but every psychedelic experience that i have, i understand something new to the best of my human comprehension.

I found the recipe to meet “GOD

aliaarhus

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Oct 2004
@grieghkg: It's not a recommended dosage :p
It was 6 hits of acid (960µg, 6x 160µg) and 6,5g of cubensis mushrooms.

@ACE101: The best thing to do is to write the experience as you remember it. Listen to the music you listened to during the trip when writing, etc. If you keep writing down your trips then it is much easier to integrate the experience to your everyday life. In the end you can write a summery of it, just like I did above.

Good luck :)

smiles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
2 Juin 2004
I'm way to sleepy to read your whole post at the moment but I will read it later on. I'm glad you're thinking for yourself and not eating all that's been force fed you all your life. I have a simular awakening from christianity and like islam it is concidered the only religion to live by. I'm more inclined to think both are more harmful than helpful. Anyway I've eaten the forbiden fruit and therefore gained it's knowledge and ya know what... I feel I'm better for it. Satan is just a terrorist tool of religion and can only work if it's excepted. :truce:

supersquirrel

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Oct 2004
holy crap! wow, i'm glad you made it back man. 6.5 g! that's more than a quarter ounce! i'll bet that the mushrooms were the evil spirit that you met! 6 hits of acid is a lot too but i've always felt that compared to mushrooms acid is sort of a more 'divine' or 'heavenly' drug whereas mushrooms have sort of a earthly and even reptilian quality. i think it is suggestive of the spirit of the source (flower, fungus, cactus, etc). of course its probably relative to one's state of mind so that always must be considered as well.

you're right tho, i would only dose like that in a situation where i was in serious need of guidance and had a completely clear mind. of course the former happens more often than the latter, but that's my problem. i think that an experiment such as yours can very easily go wrong if done for the wrong reason or at the wrong time.

ajrinka

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Mai 2004
you made a pretty impresion on me with that post. I was at the church today after a long long time -and while i was listening the preist -al I could think of, was your story and everything you wrote.:)

UncleFester

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Nov 2004
Impressive, rarely have I read such a good report.
I recognise many things from your experience, but to imagine experiencing ego-loss for 2 hours is mindblowing.
I only managed for maybe 20 minutes on a heavy 'shroom trip.
But I guess that is what high doses of acid and psylocibine would do to ya.
Btw. just curious, where do you live (country?)

aliaarhus

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Oct 2004
I'm from Lebanon, but currently I'm living in Denmark in central Europe.