Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Lemon juice before shroom trip: trip booster or myth?

Lemon juice shroom trip booster or myth?

• c0smic is right!!

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • Nah c0smic you don't have clue n00b!!

• I don't have a clue.

• Nombre total d'électeurs

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Meduzz, I'm a mechanic and an artist by trade so I'm not going to argue science as I am an idiot. What they're doing is using C.A. to remove these things from the soil, not convert them. ( sorry, I just cut and paste most of that from another page. Misleading ) But you can read about it here.

http://www.bnl.gov/bnlweb/pubaf/pr/1998 ... 23098.html

I'm not on the citric acid mailing list or anything. It was just a dumb statement.

Richy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Oct 2006
Brewmaster,I was being ironical,but it must have flown over your head.

And citric acid IS used for breaking down heroin(or tartaric acid,or vinegar-which causes infections,or lemon juice-which causes eye infections which can lead to blindness.I know someone this has happened to,actually.)

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
2 days ago on the anual mush-dance openair deep in the mountain with few people I tryied to compare the efects of both lemon juice and cacao powder on the dose responce and tolerans to magick mushrooms.

I used 2 medium for me doses of both fresh and dryied P.semilanceata,
first I mixed about 50 larger than averige dryied shrooms with the juice of half lemon in a botle with some honey, than put some water and shaked good.
after 15 minutes I drunk the lemonade and chewed and swalowed the shrooms.

The efects sarted about 25 minutes later and reached it's maximum wery fast. It was more deep and more beautifull than usual,( more like DMT, I was feeling more like siting next to the fire than dansing, there was unusual for semilanceata wonderfull visions of dimensions made of geometrical meeningull presence and beautifull beengs, emiting waves or layers of shining rainbow-coloured paterns of symbols), but the trip was shorter than usual, maybe after 3-4 hours it started to fade away and alowed me even to get some sleep that night..
12 hours after the first dose I mixed 50 gr. pure cacao powder with 50 larger than averige fresh mushrooms , some water and some honey, than shaked it , drunk the chokolate and eated the shrooms.

The efects started about 50 minutes later, and continued slowly to intensifie , the maximum was not wery clear when it was, because it was long(-er than I expected). there was the typical semilanceata daytrip feeling with the usual for that amount of mushrooms visuals, just the peak of the efects was converted to 4 hour plateou and about a 7-8 hours total tripping (the last 3 hours of the trip I spent traveling in the bus to my town,thinking on the meenings of the sounds and the words while watching the beautifull mountain landscape in golden afternoon sun and having flashbacks of the drop of liquid I took this sumer in the same mountains

after few months I'l try large dose of mushroom-cacao mixed with lemon + medium dose of MAOI in more like ayahuasca seting to see what will happen.
I realy liked the lemon boosting

MzFly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
Just adding my two cents to this lemon thread ...

We used lemon juice with mushrooms for the first time last night, and overall, were not pleased with the results.
We ate 4.5 grams of dried mushrooms each, with 1 tablespoon of pure, fresh lemon juice. Beginning to come up took the usual amount of time, but the strength of the trip hit much harder and faster once the coming up began.
The trip was definitely stronger, but we retained almost no memory of it afterward, which is quite contrary to our purposes ... we seek to gain insights that we can retain long after the trip is over.
Our conclusion: we won't use lemon juice again, as this is not our desired result. We would recommend using lemon juice to anyone who seeks simply the "thrill" of a hard, fast trip.

Mr_Spider

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
The Spider and Fly went for a wild ride last night...absolutely wild...wild in a good way.

The last minute decision to add a bit of pure lemon juice to our tried and true injestion technique was really impulsive...the fly's fault if you must know the truth... :lol: ...influenced in part by her scientific mind...her wanting to test out the general consensus in this thread that yes, the citric acid does indeed boost the experience in some way...

And as the eloquent Mz Fly notes, the trip seemed much stronger, the coming up much faster and we both simultaneously were overtaken by a tingling sensation across our skin and right through us that left us feeling like we were both somehow electrified...not unpleasant at all mind you...an absolute feeling of sensory bliss. Very very powerful physical sensations. The tingly feeling for some reason I associated with the lemon...I know rationally they aren't directly connected ( I think... :?) but shit, at the time those tingles felt somehow like a direct result of the lemon!

That place that only a fine entheogen seems to be able to reach was being stimulated to it's maximum potential...and off we went on a mind opening absolute wild and fun experience...closer than ever to Nirvana.

But yeah...it seems the citric acid does in fact impact on the mushrooms and how they are metabolized. The strength of the trip was unexpected. The power of the coming up quickly overtook both of us.

This experience unlike our others left both of us feeling like we had suddenly woken up from a dream...the boundary between peaking and coming down was very very clear. Deceleration seemed much more sudden...I suddenly became aware that I was where I was and was doing what I was doing and my brain reported in that it was fine but wow that was one fucking peak and it was time to check in with the rational side again...I say rational because I can't think of a better word...it's not the right word though, it's suddenly seeing the world for an instant through non-psychadelic eyes...This was four hours in...

Our musical selections included Brian Eno - An Ending; The Orb - A couple of tracks, some fairly mellow Shpongle...less dance, more trance, Orbital - One Perfect Sunrise - this song is a psychedelic anthem...it has quickly become our very favourite trip tune, we like it so much we listen to it several times :D....during the coming up, somewhere in the peak, and on the downside...that song is very powerful for us.

Tunes also included a good selection of stuff I grabbed from the internet somewhere from "Return to the Source"...that's a label, not a group; some amazing stuff there...a trip disc that now runs 4 hours long...for us, the music is very much a part of our tripping together, the setting is very important....anyhow...we wuz flying...riding an energy wave together...our sense of physical boundaries (i.e. skin) had all but dissolved...beyond words...amazing...if you've been there, you know. If you haven't, you should visit soon...

As we sat there enjoying the downside of the curve together we both agreed that we couldn't remember much of what we just experienced, thus the sense of having woken up from a dream...listening to the music we wondered if we had just heard this song...did we somehow skip a bunch of music..this one seems unfamiliar..no..wait..i remember...the energy...the source...you were there too...

That reason alone is enough for us not to dabble in various citric combinations. I think we agree that the key is in the dose, not really in any potentiators you choose to take with the shrooms...we're creeping up in .5g increments to find our happy place...last night was one amazing happy place but something, we think, in that lemon juice combo left us feeling overpowered. But boy oh boy, that third eye was squeaky clean...still is...it's only 15 hours since we began...the residual effects linger well beyond the end of the curve...
:D

The spider retreats to the comfort of his web....looking for his Fly...

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
The trip was definitely stronger, but we retained almost no memory of it afterward, which is quite contrary to our purposes ... we seek to gain insights that we can retain long after the trip is over.

Hmmm, for me it seems better if the trip comes very fast and overwhelming, it puts me into "spiritual mode" much better because of the initial flash. Maybe I don't remember some part of the trip, but what comes afterwards is more enlightening to me.
As for the cocoa, I'm not sure if I like it because there is no initial rush, but then I tend to totally lose it. I don't like the trip sneaking in slowly, but the peak effects are great with cocoa.
I like the physical and mental rush of a shroom tea with lemon juice, it puts me right where I need to be to experience a spiritual trip after the rush is over.

Meduzz, I'm a mechanic and an artist by trade so I'm not going to argue science as I am an idiot.
Brewmaster, you're not and idiot (and you know that!). You're someone who enjoys life more than the typical scientist who reads hundred of books on a small subject (I guess?). There's one thing I discovered in the last ten years: you don't need a university degree to be "intelligent". Maybe that's only because I quit university to do something interesting... call me a looser then but I know I was better off not forcing myself through classes that I didn't like.
There's intelligent people everywhere, with or without degrees - and I think all the regulars on this forum are intelligent (why would they be here if they weren't?)