Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Lemon juice before shroom trip: trip booster or myth?

Lemon juice shroom trip booster or myth?

• c0smic is right!!

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • Nah c0smic you don't have clue n00b!!

• I don't have a clue.

• Nombre total d'électeurs

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I ate half a citron one time with 2 grams fresh philosopher stones, and the efffect was a thousand times stronger than the one time without citric acid. really cool trick 8)

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
wow sounds neat!

I'll bring some pure cacao powder or lemons along with me next few trips and see what has the best effect.

Cheers!

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
*wonders if adding cocao or lemon juice would have any effect on a trip induced by 110 grams fresh amazonians*

What I mean is, if you take a high enoug dose, it will blow any acid trip away. Instead using lemon juice, dont dabble and just up the dose. At least, thats my opinion ;)

Adding a MAOI like sirian rue to a moderate dose of shrooms will intensify but also alter the trip. I sometimes like to do that. But if I want an intense, REAL trip, I just take high enough dose and that never fails.

Citric acids convert the psylocybine into Psylocine.
Psylocine works faster and heavier, so your trip will be a bit shorter but sure as hell give you one you will not forget.

Isnt psilocybin converted to psilocin in your body as well?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
oh man, I've got the 99% chocolate at home. let me tell you that this is one of the most disgusting things you can buy xD nobody will be able to eat this chocolate in amounts that will increase your shroom experiences. that stuff is uglier than the shrooms themselfes

HeartCore a dit:
I think citric acid does nothing more than accelerate the process

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004

I think citric acid does nothing more than accelerate the process

That's what I think, too. It makes the trip come faster (which makes the initial phase more intense) - the resulting trip is not stronger than without lemon juice. I just like being thrown into the trip with this intensity, with higher doses it's a really intense body-buzz with a lot of visuals. I don't get that as much without lemon juice, even with higher doses (though the trip later on is about the same)

MzFly

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Sept 2006
i put whatever quantity of mush in a cup ( generally 0.8 to 1.3g )
i pour sugar on it ( just for taste )
and finally a table spoon or two of lemon juice!!!
Let it saok 2-3 min until your water is hot ( NOT BOILING i've heard that psylocibine is drestroyed by heat, maybe that's not true butdo we want to take a chance?)

So put like a quarter of cup in your glass let it soak again for 5 min until its cold enough to drink it.... And ENJOY!

hey final555 ... a couple questions about making mushrrom tea ...

• are the mushrooms whole, cut up, ground, powdered when you put them into the cup?
    when you drink it - do you consume the mushrooms - or just the liquid in the cup?
    why is it that you feel this is the best way to ingest shrooms?

SpiderFly Entity

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
yesterday i made tea of pfylosopher stones (becuase they taste bad), i cut them into peaces and boiled them for 10 minutes, then drank the tea, and eate the shrooms aswell because after the boiling they tasted nice. and had a wonderfull trip!!!!!!

G

Invité
If you do it right you don't have to eat the shroom material.
You can also boil water (for a minute or 5) then turn down the gas so that the water doesn't boil anymore, then throw in the cut up shrooms, let it on the gas for a minute or 10, then filter out the shrooms and put it in a bottle or a teapot.
Repeat this again with the remaining shroom material and there probably will be no more psylocibin in them anymore...

Heartcore tried this out with suc6, 'cause he ate the 100 grams of fresh shrooms he used for making tea the next day and didn't feel a thing.
So if you use this tek you won't need to eat the shrooms anymore, because all the goods are in the tea...

I bought a bottle of lemon juice for my copelandia/cubensis-lemontea trip...
This is gonna be one heck of a ride :D

Still got cubensis laying in the fridge and ordered some panaeolus cyanescens (with some other stuff as usual) at *******...

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
please be carefull with lemon juice :( !!!!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Space-is-the-Place a dit:
he ate the 100 grams of fresh shrooms he used for making tea the next day and didn't feel a thing.
So if you use this tek you won't need to eat the shrooms anymore, because all the goods are in the tea...

That is simply not true. If you eat regular unused shrooms the day after a very heavy trip, it doesn't do much as well, because of the reverse tolerance. You will never be able to extract all material using only water extraction (although you could extract most).

G

Invité
I didn't say he drank the tea...

But beter ask him, 'cause mesa donknow anymore...

But it should hold most of the goods, so that little bit that gets lost isn't that bad, 'cause the tea allready comes up really strong

But shrooms don't have a reverse tollerance... Salvia does, but not shrooms.

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
yes, had some rough times :( .....

fork didn't mean reversed tolerance, he meant that if you trip within 3 weeks the effect will be less, but you allready understood this i guess...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
yeah.... that's what I meant.

If HC didn't drink the tea after preparing it, than, of course, my logic is fuzzy.

G

Invité
But sometimes it can be handy to have someone pull the brakes once in a while ;)

joscovich

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Jan 2005
Suppose it's is the citric acid (so the acid=h+) in the fruit juice does the tric. But in your stomac there is allready acid! produced by your body. So i can't understand why it would trippel the effect. The only thing i can come up with is that the larger amount of acid in your stomac extrtacts the psilocine faster (psilocine is more solvibel in acid water H3O+ than in normale water) so the concentration in the blood gets a lot higher in a faster time?! does anyone have a real acplination on how this works?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
But in your stomac there is allready acid! produced by your body. So i can't understand why it would trippel the effect.
I know that you're not producing citric acid in your belly retard

LOL, that explains it quite well, LOL

...and maybe it's not the citriic acid but some other until now unresearched compound which makes the psilocybin into psilocin.
Until you researched that, let's just say that thousands of psychonauts say it's true and you, one "&$%!$§" &/($ =& says it's not true, ok?

Sorry to be that harsh, but I'm under the influence of a drug called "Laphroiaig" and it's ten years old. LOL

G

Invité
The psylocibin actually is turned into psylocin by metabolism, so it's probably certain amino acids that make enzymes that can turn psylocibin into psylocin.

For some apparent reason just the citric acids work and no others.

*edit: And that would be this one :D :

The citric acid cycle (also known as the tricarboxylic acid cycle, the TCA cycle, or the Krebs cycle) is a series of chemical reactions of central importance in all living cells that utilize oxygen as part of cellular respiration. In aerobic organisms, the citric acid cycle is part of a metabolic pathway involved in the chemical conversion of carbohydrates, fats and proteins into carbon dioxide and water to generate a form of usable energy. It is the second of three metabolic pathways that are involved in fuel molecule catabolism and ATP production, the other two being glycolysis and oxidative phosphorylation.

The citric acid cycle also provides precursors for many compounds such as certain amino acids, and some of its reactions are therefore important even in cells performing fermentation.

It's nature that does the wonders my friends ;)

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
Where's that quote from Space? I've been looking for a source to verify, haven't been able to find one.