Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Joy! they started growing!!

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
Hello everyone,

:arrow: My first message ever on Psychonaut.com!!
I just checked my cactii this morning and they have sprouted :D :D :D
How happy I was!!!!!!!!!! and still am!!!

Bye,
Niels

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
Hmm dont know why it placed it on the forum twice...

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
I removed the double post ;)

what kind of cacti are you growing? got a pic maybe?

forest

Inscrit
30 Déc 2005
and why dutchman when you are english? guess you like holland?

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
Aaah thanks for removing that one!! Sadly I do not have a pic of them just yet, But I will ask a friend to make some pictures today or tomorrow!! they look so funny! I think they sprouted either yesterday or the day before or so!!!

Because really, I am dutch, born and raised there, just live in Great Britain at the moment.

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
Aah yes and im growing peyote!! Thought I'd go for the challenge straight away :wink:

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
Hello hello again,

Im sorry, I cannot get good pic's yet, The camera I borrowed isnt good for closeup pics! I will try and find another camera!!

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Nice going!

You may want to search around for information about grafting. This means you cut of the cactus, and place it on the root of a faster growing cactus. I've seen a thread in the botanicals section of www.mycotopia.net very recently.

Cheers
HC

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
That sounds very interesting!! Though I cant do that yet as I do not have any other cacti yet except the just born ones!! (unless I'd order several cactii)

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Dutchman a dit:
That sounds very interesting!! Though I cant do that yet as I do not have any other cacti yet except the just born ones!! (unless I'd order several cactii)

Yes sure, you should wait months anyway. The idea is, to graft the slow growing peyote, on the roots of the (more or less) three times as fast growing San Pedro.

I dont know if this will effect the experience and all, thats something you'd have to research yourself :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Grafting a peyote will completely kill the concentration of mescaline but if you have several buttons to experiment with then it's cool just to be able to see them flower quicker. However, they will be just big balls of water. I waited 'till mine were 3-4cm across. This took over 2 years in the ground ( less than ideal conditions ). I would recomend waiting at least a year if not more so that the peyote root will be well established and strong enough to continue growing a new button.

San pedro is good to graft onto when they're more like 4 years old. Myrtillo cactus and pereskiopsis are better for small peyotes though they don't contain mesc, but that doesn't really matter anyway. You can buy those here
http://www.divinecactus.com

You'll notice on this website that they sell peyote buttons for pretty cheap, that's because they've been " force fed " water and nutrients to pump them up. Or they were grafted when young then removed from the other cactus and allowed to form roots of their own. Then they have "hard grown" buttons which actually contain high amounts of mesc. because they were grown naturally in the ground in more harsh conditions to toughen them up like they are in nature.

If you need grafting instructions, hit me up.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Oh, and alot of their pictures of san pedros look like trichocereus terescheki so I might refrain from buying those from them.

I think I threw this link up yesterday, but for all your san pedro / peruvian torch needs, go here http://www.sacredcactus.com.

I'm not sure if he ships outside the U.S. tho, I should've checked.

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
To heartcore: Yes I will try that sounds very interesting!!, probably next year though, I will then have my own room for at least 4 years so more time to concentrate on it, as I will only have this room I have now for 9 months!!

And I dont like the Idea that they have been force fed!!!! I think it is important to let plants (especially plants/cactii that have certain "extras" they can be used for) grow in their own time, that way you get a good connection with the plant/cactii and it just feels a lot more intimate!!
But I will check out the sites!!!!! thanks for that!!

And yes I do have enough cactii to experiment with!! I planted 52 seeds so I guess quite a few of them will grow eventually, right now 7 have popped up!!

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
That's pretty sweet. If you get 20 out of 52 to live through their first year, I'd be happy. I've never tried to grow from seed myself, all mine have been babies formed by the "mother plant" but I do have hundreds of seeds laying around. What kind of conditions did you give them, did you use a heating mat, and how long did it take for them to pop up? I think I'll try this in the spring after I move out of the city and build me a greenhouse. Thanks.

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
That's pretty sweet. If you get 20 out of 52 to live through their first year, I'd be happy. I've never tried to grow from seed myself, all mine have been babies formed by the "mother plant" but I do have hundreds of seeds laying around. What kind of conditions did you give them, did you use a heating mat, and how long did it take for them to pop up? I think I'll try this in the spring after I move out of the city and build me a greenhouse. Thanks.

Lets hope so!!
You know those plastic containers you get with chinese food?? I got them with my order (of peyote seeds, cactii earth, sand and gravel) so they grow in that and I have 2 plastic big containers as (small) green houses. In the morning I put them in the window sill to get heated by the sun and the rest of the day I leave them under my Desklight, which keeps them nice and warm. (Note: I am a poor student who actually doesnt have any money till the end of october;) )
And I planted them last sunday so a week and a day later it is now and they have sprouted!!!

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
Note: Only seven have sprouted till now!

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Maybe i will try this. Hell of a job though, moving them around everyday for years :) My new room will have a big window, not much direct sunlight.
What else have you got growing?
I would like to grow a cactus and maybe 4 plants beside it. Salvia maybe. But i havent done research yet. It doesn't have to be a psychedelic, maybe mystical or special is the type im looking for. Any suggestions?
I like to grow them behing the window, but i am willing to guide them around :P
Good luck with your seeds/plants!

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
BTW:

Dutchman, toeval, coincidence, that poet is the one i've printed and put on my wall some weeks ago :)
Stupid rap translation:
Do not be afraid, you are one of many
Yet, there will be only one of yourself
[Even love will get used to. The good comes suddenly, the less natural. Share and be free of what others think and feel. etc]

Language is stupid, i'm out, :P

Dutchman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Sept 2006
petfles a dit:
Maybe i will try this. Hell of a job though, moving them around everyday for years :) My new room will have a big window, not much direct sunlight.
What else have you got growing?
I would like to grow a cactus and maybe 4 plants beside it. Salvia maybe. But i havent done research yet. It doesn't have to be a psychedelic, maybe mystical or special is the type im looking for. Any suggestions?
I like to grow them behing the window, but i am willing to guide them around :P
Good luck with your seeds/plants!

Well, I only have direct sunlight in the morning from about 9 till 12/12:15 and my cactii were happy about that, they popped up by only using that! After they popped up I put them under my desk light.
Salvia is a good plant to grow! Can be interesting as well! I might be able to give you an email adress of a guy who can give you some cuttings (he lives in Rotterdam though... And of course I will have to ask him if it is alright)

Yes Its a lovely text, very beautiful and very true!