Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Is there a tolerance

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
Hey guys, SWIM was wondering if it were possible that he is building a tolerance. For the past few weeks has been psychedelic indeed for him. However, Last night SWIM did 3g of mushrooms and another .5 and hour later of a different strain. Anyways, the Trip was rather dull to him, Yes there was visual activity but it seemed very week. Anyways here all the dates that SWIM has used psychedelics recently, yall tell him if he should be worried about a tolerance or its just that the every time SWIM ingested the mushrooms it was about the same amount.

(a couple weeks before SWIM ingested on 4g of mushrooms)
June 25th - mushrooms 2g and 1hr later 1g

-9 days later
August 3rd - 4 hits of acid. taken over 3hours

-8 days later
and the most recently was last night, August 10th. 3g and 1 hour later another .5

SWIM has 2hits of good LSD, wanting to take them soon. So what do you guys think? is there any possible tolerance build up? also previously to SWIMs 4g trip every time he tripped on 3g of mushrooms.

buffachino

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
It is quite plausible that some tolerance has arisen.
When intake is almost weekly, this is likely to happen to some extent.
I would suggest waiting longer periods between experiences to minimise tolerance.

It is also a possibility that the mushrooms and LSD you used on separate occasions varied in potency.
Were they of the same batch (both LSD and mushrooms)?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yes . Its tollerance . Stop abuseing drugs and you will get a real trip every time .

The abuseing drugs bit wasnt an insult . The fact that the effects are less means that you took to much and / or to often = abuse . The biggest secrets of drugs are good info and self controle . Remember one has to come down to base line before one can get high again . Out of a liter bottle of milk one can only get a liter of milk . One cant keep squeezing it and get two .

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
The lsd is a new batch, Im expecting them to be more potent than the previous 4 hits altogether.

Anyways, you call it abuse. I call it love. Im a true hippy at heart, I wish i had my own house were i could trip all the time and answer the door in nothing but a towel around my waste and say "Whats up! im trippin" :D

But nether the less you are right, I should take a break after these next to hits.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
1) It's a known fact since the sixties that LSD and Psilocybin have cross-tolerance.

2) You can always up the dose to counter tolerance.

3) Drug abuse is when you feel like you shouldn't but you find yourself having done anyway at the end of the day, so that's something only you can decide for yourself.

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
i deff, have no regrets from the experiences that i have had. To be honest this is the best summer of my life.

Arcticpheonix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
10 Oct 2007
HeartCore a dit:
1) It's a known fact since the sixties that LSD and Psilocybin have cross-tolerance.

2) You can always up the dose to counter tolerance.

3) Drug abuse is when you feel like you shouldn't but you find yourself having done anyway at the end of the day, so that's something only you can decide for yourself.

There was actually a thread about this recently, discussing exactly what constitutes "abuse". Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.psychonaut.com/index.php?opt ... t=&lang=en

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Omg GOD is back.

You will have a tolerance - Psilo, LSD, and THC all stay in your system for up t a month before being on levels that are negligble. That is to say you are high inbetween trips still, but you're used to the feeling.

Don't do this much, not weekly please. I'd advise a slow down, even with the tolerance being said.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
IJesusChrist a dit:
Psilo, LSD, and THC all stay in your system for up t a month before being on levels that are negligble.

Is that true? I thought ps. and lsd had a much shorter metabolic process?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Forkbender a dit:
IJesusChrist a dit:
Psilo, LSD, and THC all stay in your system for up t a month before being on levels that are negligble.

They are faster than THC, however I could also tell you that LSD and Psilocybin will stay in your system forever, and I wouldn't be lieing...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Who cares how long it stays in a persons system . The psychelogical effects are in my opinion longer lasting than the physiological ones . Less is more . ( at least in this case ) .

For example with cannabis . In my experience it takes at least 6 weeks after takeing 3 sucks on a pure pipe to get the same effect again . Takeing shorter breaks just fucks the high up .

Instead of people trying to force the drugs they take to satisfy them they should learn what the drug can do and acept it .

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
Forkbender a dit:
IJesusChrist a dit:

They are faster than THC, however I could also tell you that LSD and Psilocybin will stay in your system forever, and I wouldn't be lieing...

Source?

There is an often circulated myth that once you have taken LSD, it remains in your body forever. One thing that keeps these rumors circulating the is fact that some people (though very few) experience "flashbacks" (generally within a few months after a hallucinogenic experience). It is universally accepted, however, that these flashbacks are not the result of LSD remaining in the system.

LSD is almost entirely metabolized within a day after ingestion. Since the half-life of LSD is only a few hours, only a very small amount of LSD remains even at the end of the trip, and this is excreted in the urine. All traces are undetectable after several days and are certainly gone entirely within a couple of weeks. As detection technology improves and thresholds drop (it is now possible to detect picograms reliably), the time that incredibly small amounts of it could be detected will extend.

It has long been reported that LSD is fully metabolized almost immediately after ingestion. This was based on research done in the 50's and 60s which used instruments not sensitive enough to detect the extremely small amounts of the chemical.

Occasionally, people claim that LSD has been found in spinal fluid years after the last time LSD was taken. There is no support for this claim. If anyone knows of a research article that has looked at spinal fluid of LSD users for LSD, please let us know.

Although research in the 1960s found the half-life of LSD was around 3 hours, more recent research shows that LSD's metabolism takes several hours and its peak plasma levels occur at around 3-5 hours after ingestion. It is important to note that such research is highly dependent on the individuals who were used for the research, with metabolism of many drugs varying by up to 2-3 times, larger numbers of research subjects reduces the likelihood of having a skewed range.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth1.shtml

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
Yesterday I took 3 hits of acid. Have to say that was experience was far beyond awesome. I wish I could do it a thousand times over. It was like watching the world in HD x1000, speaking to the walls, being able to taste sweet tart while rubbing ur hand on a wall. I was afraid the experiences were gunna get boring from my frequent use, I was so wrong

:D

Anyways, im glad my last trip of the summer was amazing. However, I was wondering if any of you guys were familiar with the sensation of your eyes being sore of taking in to much light?

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
OH YA! and watch Boomerang, old school cartoons and bringing back childhood memories is such a amazing feeling lol.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Photosensitivity... that happens to me whenever I'm just very tired and/or my pupils are dilated.

alphasnail

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Déc 2006
I guess that was it, made the trip a little unpleasant however that didnt get in the way of how blown my mind was.