Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

intantional sleep deprivation

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
Well, with ayahuasca, your body cleanses itself, which isn't always a nice process but in the long term is better.

Weightlifting isn't very good for the body.

Studying is good for the mind, but if you forget about the body, in the long run you will be unhealthy.

If your body is relaxed, the spirit will come automatically, is all I want to say.

afer

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
2 Mar 2007
Everything in moderation, even moderation..As some dude said, everything is deadly, even apple jam, if you put it in the windpipe :wink:

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
Getafix a dit:
Ganesha a dit:
Weightlifting isn't very good for the body.
Done properly, it is.

What is proper weightlifting?

I said this, because in general it makes the muscles less flexible, which causes the body to lock up and develop symptoms in the lower back, the shoulders, etc. You should really keep a close eye on posture and the amount of weight you are using, especially if you have problems in your knees/back. Furthermore, you have to stretch the muscles after you are done and relax your body. Unfortunately this isn't general practice.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
That was me. Proper weightlifting is as you described it. A good warming up, stretching, keeping good form while making the movements, using proper weights etc. That way it won't harm the joints but instead strengthen the bones and improve blood circulation etc. I'm not saying it's the best type of exercise though. I think yoga can accomplish the same, with many additional benefits.

Ganesha

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mar 2009
Yes. The problem with weightlifting is that because of the focus on one muscle or a group of muscles in each exercise, you isolate them instead of connecting them to the rest of the body. This creates tension/stress between muscle groups (usually in the joints and/or the vertebrae). Yoga does indeed relax these joints (some teachers teach yoga stretch instead of yoga, which isn't good, because it puts more stress on the joints) if done properly. You really have to listen to your body both with weightlifting and with yoga, because only your body can tell you where you need to relax. If you are relaxed, more energy can go to maintaining your body, which will automaticaly improve blood circulation and bone structure, along with digestion, mental clarity adn respiration.