Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Infrared

drkelmnt

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Mar 2008
Hello friends, I was wondering if anyone know much about infrared radars and pot plants. Pot plants give off heat that can be picked up by infrared, but is 1 or 2 plants enough to pick up? And what can be used to block the heat from showing up? Any thoughts, thanks:)?

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Well i dont think pot plants give off heat.. But they are usually grown in a controlled (warmer) environment.. And the amount of electricity used for controlling is also above average, which can be detected. With one or two plants, your not on the list for infrared inspection.

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I thought plants gave off biothermal heat, and more so than most other plants. It's closest relation being bamboo. But I'm no expert.

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
If your talking about hydroponics, then its the heat produced by lights that are picked up by infra red sensitive cameras - and police are meant to use this as evidence that you might be growing something you "shouldn't be"

It's true that plants *reflect* infra red radiation. If you google infra red plant photos there are some quite striking pictures.

I've included a pic I made to compare an IR image with normal light - I made the IR sensitve camera by removing the IR filter from a cheap web-cam

Pariah

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Very interesting, you learn something knew every day. :D

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
if your really worried about thermal imaging cameras spotting yer growroom line it with mylar(space blankets, survival blankets, you know the silvered plastic material) dont use kitchen foil as it doesnt really work. unfortunately itll put the temp up in your growroom so youll have to vent more. if growing in yer attic then you can buy mylar surfaced insulation(you dont want to be the only house in the street w no snow on the roof)ps bamboo is a grass(dont trust it) :wink: