Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

I DID IT!

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
I lucid dreamed finally for my first time last night.. I don't axactally know what caused it but it was VERY weird.. First I woke up in the middle of the night and sat up too look at the time and went back to sleep. But this time it was weird I could see my thoughts better than normal, but it was only because I was half awake.. And then I felt this crazy loud rush go through my entire body.. Like I heard it and I felt it and it felt like I was falling and then there I was in my room.. I couldn't feel my eyes closed or anything.. What I remember is thinking "Damn I really am dreaming ight now, lets see what happens.." But it wasn't like I thought it would be.. I was sooo scared.. I got out of my bed(In my dream) Walked into the other room, and saw this ugly orange stuffed animal rabbit that my dad had just given too me, but it was floating above the keyboard. That was just a scary situation and I knew I was sleeping, and I was almost too worried that I was sleep walking or there was someone in my room, that I didn't want to be in my dream, I wanted to be awake.. I don't really remember anything after that except I turned on and off the light to see if that rumor was true and it was to an extent just like the reading words rule.. But my light worked fine the first couple of times, and then it just got delayed.. Like I would flip it up and it would take a few seconds to turn on.. But anyways. I don't remember it that well, is that normal?

What I know about reading words in dreams, or at least it has never happened too me in a DREAM but more I experienced this on diphenhydramine, I would close my eyes and have a dream of like a real world scenario like I was talking to my mom or eating dinner with my sister or something.. And sometimes in those dreams I would read like a banner or something and it would say something like "SVKINB UP NOW SDFVJ ORANGET___" With like upside down letters and symbols.. Is it the same concept in a dream? I never read in my dreams. I have noticed hat if I am dreaming and I pick up a book, it will just look confusing and 'll lay it down.. I should know right then that I'm dreaming because I love to read, why would I put it down?? Anyways whats all your guys thoughts on this? Sorry if it doesn't make too much since with punctuation and stuff but I'm a little stoned.. :finga:

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
That's fairly awesome Nanosage. If its happened recently the chances of you getting another lucid dream soon are much higher.

A weird thing is that the few lucid dreams that have been really scary to me have been similar to yours in that I thought I was waking up in my house only to realise I was still dreaming because something would make it obvious. Then some fucked up things would happen and I'd want to wake up.

Anyway, I don't know what normal is when it comes to dreams. Anything abnormal is probably normal.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
What I think really got it is that I started to read a lot ever since I got my glasses, and I remember one night that I read in my dream and the book just looked really blurry so I rubbed my eyes and saw something like "FGJHOB ON THEOMDFM GFHG54G544" So I knew I was dreaming but I don't remember anything else..

Do you often forget what happened in your lucid dreams?

And yeah I know lol thats what happened I was in my dark basement which I never feel comfortable in anyways and I think what really got me scared is the weird horse rabbit thing.. I don't know why but it just looked scary in that light..

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
And I hope it happens again soon!!! Lol but is the rushing a normal thing? This was INSANE rushing.. Like I felt like I was getting jet propelled through a building and I could hear it too and it was just getting more and more intense until it just stopped getting more intense and thats when I was in my bed and I still felt it but it just stopped getting more intense.. It didn't ever 'stop' through the whole dream it just didn't change and I got used to it when it stayed level. And thats why I had no contact with the outside of my body.. Does this happen to you?

Proteus

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Sept 2009
I don't think I've forgotten what happened in my lucid dreams but if I was dreaming before I became lucid I often forget a lot of what happened then. I also never had anything like that rushing thing. It sounds a bit like some people's descriptions of astral traveling.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
I don't think I've forgotten what happened in my lucid dreams but if I was dreaming before I became lucid I often forget a lot of what happened then.
Yeah I see what your saying but like sometimes I have this weird feeling when I wake up because my dreams will just me so.. I dunno.. Open and do so many playful things like once I had a dream where I spawned a giant and I had him pick me up and take to too this car garage were I met my great grandma who is dead.. Or in my dreams I will just do something that is in the lucid dreams descriptions.. Like meet your dead grandparent, or have sex with your most fantasized women or do weird drugs.. Like I dream about those things and I wake up with this feeling like I knew I was aware of it.. But I don't remember being aware of it..

I also never had anything like that rushing thing. It sounds a bit like some people's descriptions of astral traveling.
It might be true actually because when I first closed my eyes I thought I saw galaxies all around me and they were moving and then they started swirling and when I was feeling/hearing this rush, I was like inside this white/ grey with this slight blueish tent vortex. Like I wasn't spinning once the galaxies disappeared but I was being pushed down.. Does this make any sense? Lol

Cosmik_Debris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2010
Congratulations on your first lucid dream! That rushing sounds like something one might feel during sleep paralysis. Sounds to me like you had an unintentional WILD (wake induced lucid dream). Given that it happened to you unintentionally, and lots of people try many times and are unable to, I suggest you try WILD induction. There's a good article on that here. As for remembering, thst just has to be built up over time, but keeping a dream journal and writing down everything you remember when you wake up helps immensely.

It's a pretty strange feeling, isn't it? It's too bad you didn't get to do anything really cool, but that's pretty much the norm for first-timers. My reccomendation, try flying next time. Not only is it a good way to get around, but that has to be one of the coolest things I've experienced, to ignore gravity and just take off from the ground. Good luck on your future attempts, lucid dreaming is a great tool with almost endless potential.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
Thanks for the link! I learned a lot. But I think that the WILD method will work better for me, because in my dreams I have thought to myself at least 8 times during a dream that "Hey wait a minute.... Thats not right am I dreaming?" But my brain always finds its pesky ways to prove me otherwise. when if I go into one conscientiously, I will just be able to do it right there :D But how often do you lucid dream? Both of you?

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
Okay I did it again this morning.. But this time.. It was weird and I actually had a chance to experiment with it.

I woke up at 9:21 too take this antibiotic for the staff infection that I have. And I was still tired out of my mind so I tried to WILD. I felt that strange falling feeling again but it wasn't as intense.. Probably because I knew where I was going. Lol but anyways I end up in this house that I don't know and there was this girl holding a hammer up like she was going to hit me. I knew she wouldn't because it was MY imagination so I said something like "Get the fuck away I know your fake.." And I just kinda left.. So then I felt like I should try flying through this house, so I lifted up my feet and slowely floating to the ground.. I was like a half dead balloon kinda.. Then the only way I could fly up high was to flap my arms.. So I started to do that and got really high near the ceiling. Then something woke me up in real life and I didn't get to do anything anymore.. Still, I read on that link that you gave me that you shouldn't try to go again in the same morning because you will forget? Bullshit. Lol my second lucid dream that I had was so weirdd... Here:

So, the second time I did it I felt like someone was pulling my off my bed, I just got pulled with it and I felt like I was being pulled across my bed for a good 20 seconds.. I figured I would just.. Go.. With it? Lol so I was getting pulled and pulled until I finally fell off my bed and opened my eyes. Now this was different that EVERY other time. I looked around and I didn't have any desire to move.. I wasn't paralyzed.. I just was so astonished at looking around. I was in the same room and couldn't feel ANY dream like feeling in my body.. I felt like it was REAL LIFE. And like I looked over and there was a giant poseidon leaning over in the middle of the room, and I saw a lcd flatscreen TV in front of my door.. Thats all I remember, but I know there was a lot more strange hallucinations in my room.. I read somewhere about sleep paralysis makes you unable to move with hallucinations all over your room, btu I could have moved if I wanted too.. I was just so shocked I wanted to sit there.. So I guess in a way.. I was paralyzed?? Lol

But no joke this was the weirdest thing that has ever happened and its freaking awesome.. Haha

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
hell yeah! sounds like you've hit a lucid patch of dreams. they should happen on and off now for a little while. gotta keep entertaining the idea of lucid dreaming while awake and the dreams will be more frequent. they should be more controllable over time too. especially external content. that comes last for some reason. in my first few lucid dreams things were generally like a nightmare, except that i knew i was dreaming, and could control the outcome, but not the content. sounds like you're in a similar spot. maybe trying something like "increasing your scope of awareness" while in the dream would help.

hahaha the arm flapping! i had to do something similar the first few times. like swimming. now it's like an internal feeling in my chest that i can generate. im kind of sad now because i haven't done it in a while... need to lay off the weed for a bit.

"I felt that strange falling feeling again but it wasn't as intense.. Probably because I knew where I was going."

you're starting to become comfortable with the content. this is good. recognizing and embracing all that outlandish stuff is really good. the kneejerk response is to resist, or to open your eyes wider to get a better look (even though they are already "open" haha) . i've accidentally woken up from a lot of dreams simply because i became aware of my eyeballs sleeping in real life haha.

all these things sound good though, especially you becoming aware of your body, and like discovering ways to overcome obstacles in your dreams (figuring out that flapping your arms helps, etc). there is a higher degree of lucidity though that doesn't require "physical" interactions to cause things to happen. after a while you can become telekinetic. 8)

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
hell yeah! sounds like you've hit a lucid patch of dreams.
I KNOW! I'm so excited lol, but the thing is weed doesn't really effect it.. That night I fell off my bed and started to fly, I smoked weed that night and was blazed when I went to bed!!

in my first few lucid dreams things were generally like a nightmare, except that i knew i was dreaming, and could control the outcome, but not the content.
Yea, I still can't control where I am at and my surroundings.. I just gotta have fun wherever I am. Next time I'm just gonna leave though like if I'm in the house just leave out the front door and see what happens..

"increasing your scope of awareness"
I seriously tried that and I just couldn't help it.. Plus I was too busy trying to fly. Before I was flying, I tried for like two seconds to at least go to a different place.. Haha

hahaha the arm flapping! i had to do something similar the first few times. like swimming. now it's like an internal feeling in my chest that i can generate. im kind of sad now because i haven't done it in a while... need to lay off the weed for a bit.
YES! Lol I'm glad someone else did it too.. Lol I felt like a retard. In a good way :D And wow that sounds kinda cool I'll try it or just figure it out a different way. And I know!! Tell me about it haha like I said though I did smoke weed that night, but that all happened at about 9AM though so I got plenty of sleep to sleep the high off.

you're starting to become comfortable with the content. this is good. recognizing and embracing all that outlandish stuff is really good. the kneejerk response is to resist, or to open your eyes wider to get a better look (even though they are already "open" haha) . i've accidentally woken up from a lot of dreams simply because i became aware of my eyeballs sleeping in real life haha.
That surprisingly is the one thing I haven't done when I do it successfully, in fact I'm always like doing everything BUT opening my eyes in real life, I am really self conscious about it because I did it the first time I came close which was a different time than all of this.. I didn't include it because it only lasted about 30 seconds.. Haha

all these things sound good though, especially you becoming aware of your body, and like discovering ways to overcome obstacles in your dreams (figuring out that flapping your arms helps, etc). there is a higher degree of lucidity though that doesn't require "physical" interactions to cause things to happen. after a while you can become telekinetic.
I know! Its exciting I seriously felt like a kid on christmas morning after I did this right the first time with the orange horse and stuff :D and thanks!! I just felt like I could because I dunno but it got me pretty excited, I thought I wouldn't be able too at first then I just though of flapping for some odd reason haha

But thanks sorry for how long this reply is lol I'm gonna set my alarm tonight so I can WILD :3 hope all goes well!

ZephX

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
11 Oct 2010
You might be talking about the original "nightmares" which would explain why you begin in your bed.

These nightmares are when you wake up in REM sleep, paralyzed and still dreaming. Your chest feels heavy and you can imagine anything, usually negative with the realization that you're not able to control your breathing, its automatic. Frightening, but normal and safe ;)

Theres a better term for them, let me look.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Sleep Paralysis.

EDIT: sorry. only read OP.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
You know, all this talk about dreaming really does want to make me do diphenhydramine again.. I haven't done it for about 6 months and it is REALLY interesting.. I honestly reccomend it even though its an OTC and frowned upon.. It is pretty much like lucid dreaming when awake.. But I mean I will post a report on THIS post, just because I don't want to post it on an actual TR.. People might just rip on it honestly.. But just for you guys :D If you are ever bored do the stuff, it honestly is better than you would think but only if you drink a lot of water for a few days before and after doing it to keep hydrated.. Thats why it makes you feel so sick.. Whenever I drink water, it has an afterglow instead of a hangover..

:

Whoa. It was pretty intense actually.. Me and my friend took 20 pills at about 11PM and I started to feel it at about 11:30PM. It hit me pretty fast. There at the beggining for about a half hour I felt like absolute shit.. Not puky, but I just felt like I weighed a million pounds and just moving made me nasues.. Then I was gagging into my trash can, and my friend somehow convinced me that I was the only one making my self want to puke.. I figured he was right and then I felt fine the rest of the time..

Pretty weird hallucinations.. First I could have swore that there was an xbox controller in my hand, but there wasn't.. This happened at least two times, then in one of my dreams when I closed my eyes I heard my friend asking if I felt the controller too.. Weird. Then I had a reoccuring hallucination, I hope this doesn't happen all the time it is scary as fuck. I saw death.. Again.. Almost exactly what he looked like on my shrooms trip.. It didn't scare me though, I had a firm grasp on the fact that 'it is only the drug..' which is great because I would have flipped.. Anyways, thenmy friend was on his bed, and I started talking to him and I was looking at his face, but his face wasn't moving with the words he was saying, but I could see his face clear as daylight in a pitch black room, which I knew something was up there.. So I asked him, I said "Dude, antonio are you sitting up right now?" He of course said no.. But I still saw his face.. It was freaky. Also, I kept FEELING bugs bite me.. I always normally just see the bugs, but no in the pitch blackness I couldn't see them and they were biting me.. I also saw what looked like smoke coming out of the file cabinet.. Uhh, every time I would open my eyes back up, the clock was wayy different.. It jumped around, like first it would be 11PM, look at it again 3AM, again 12AM, again 8PM.. It was weird so I had no grasp on time at all.. I keep remembering my little dreams as the day goes on too, like I remember one where I thought I had double A's..

Anyway I was pretty much retarded last night, me and my friend were peeing in water bottles so we didn't have to walk through my creepy house to piss.. And I ended up missing that bottle.. A lot.. -.- but what was really weird is I wasn't really sedated this time.. Xbox was fun.. Lol it was really weird

Also, this never has happened too me and I forgot to mention about it. I saw lightning bugs.. And I remember thinking.. "God damn, fucking bugs.. Either theya re biting me, crawling on my walls and floor, or they are floating in the air.." they were really pretty though, I don't know how to describe it.. I felt like I was in wonderland, it was beautiful. I didn't expect that out of diph.. They kinda looked like those bugs on avatar here I will post a picture.. But I remember them being green, orange and blue.. and glowing. But they kinda looked like jelly fish. They were everywhere I was the most dandy, and naive I have felt in awhile.. I can't believe I forgot to post this part.. It gave me a whole new look on diph.
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:q...Avatar.jpg&t=1

Looked like this except they glowed

Also, It was extremely more delerious than every other time.. I was in my room laying down on the floor(I just let my friends have my bed..) I of course had a sleeping bag lol, but I didn't know where I was.. I knew I was in my room, but I didn't know where in my room.. So I would get up, trudge over everything.. My room all looked the same.. Like I owuld see my door where my amp was.. And then I would walk over to turn on the light to grab my piss bottle (Teehee :3) and I would see the lightswitch and when I would try to flip it, it wasn't there :0 I was just poking my wall.. Then after about 20 minutes of walking around, spilling sodas, water etc... -.- I would find my door and get out of my room.. Also everything was so fucking far away.. Like I would try to put my hand on my TV in order to keepf rom falling down, and I would fall onto the dresser, and the TV was actually about 10 feet further than I thought it was..

I am really sorry about the legnth of this report.. But today was just a long day and I have nothing else to do but recollect.. lol Also I have a question for whoever else uses diph. Does it work with the lights on?!?!? I CAN NEVER keep the lights on.. Ever. They always end up turned off and its annoying..

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
Sorry for all the misspelled words and retarded wording I had.. I wrote it when I was still kind of tripping..

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"I KNOW! I'm so excited lol, but the thing is weed doesn't really effect it.. That night I fell off my bed and started to fly, I smoked weed that night and was blazed when I went to bed!!"

once you start to build a tolerance, or if you go to bed with that "faded" feeling, you will know what i mean... weed doesn't really help this process and actually makes control harder since the things in your dream are more vivid and involving. it makes it much harder to concentrate, which leads to my next point...

"Yea, I still can't control where I am at and my surroundings.. I just gotta have fun wherever I am. Next time I'm just gonna leave though like if I'm in the house just leave out the front door and see what happens.."

you are not fully lucid. there is no strict area that you hit where you become "lucid", there's not one specific state to attain. aka this is not one level called "lucidity", there are infinite degrees of lucidity, and so far it appears that you've only tapped into the very lowest forms. if you want to go higher you will really have to take it seriously and get your head clear. which means abstaining from mind altering and also eating as best you can, and also staying hydrated. really do anything you can to facilitate or help your brain while it sleeps, (like reading on the subject) make it easier for you to recognize those patterns that tell you you're dreaming.