Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

I believe plants are spiritual beings...

pyschonauticks

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Fev 2009
...so when you extract the psychoactive compounds into mere powder do you think that "sucks" the spirit out of the plant???

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I'd have to believe that a plant was a spritual being.

If I did, I would say yes.

If I didn't I would say no.

Aka if you think that plants can 'feel', and are somehow sentient, then you shouldn't be cutting them up to extract powders from them.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
No .

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Mmm, so you only reffer to psychoactive plants as being spiritual than? Lettuce for instance has no spirit according to you?

I think every plant has a spirit, it's not the same as a human or animal spirit, but i believe it must have any form of feelings etc.

It doesnt care if you extract dmt, or just extract vitamine C from a plant i guess. When you prepare spinage, the spirit of the plant is gone too i think...
When the plant is "killed", the spirit is gone... no mather about extracting one substance

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Plants don't have a spirit, they are an organism, just like us. Some plants can be divided and continue living (Salvia divinorum is a good example). They are a process. A wonderfully divine process, but there is not a spirit in them that you can destroy. The magic of entheogenic plants is due to the wonderful ways of nature as a whole. It is mother nature, or this planet, which has given rise to subtle differences between Mimosa Hostilis and Psychotria viriridis. But each individual tree is a process, not a spirit. It is an expression of spirit, not a 'spiritual being' itself. There are no autonomous teachers in the teacher plants, there are no autonomous gods or goddesses in sacred medicines. They contain chemicals in a certain mixture that affects our physical and mental processes in a specific way. As human beings it is only natural that we learn chemistry and separate the desireable elements from the undesireable.

The psychedelic compounds were not created by some smart plants spirits, but are an integral part of creation. Wherever human beings develop, nature will create several plants, mushrooms and cacti to facilitate the human psychedelic experience, either to improve conditions (healing, resolving conflicts, community building) or to experience all out ego-death and enlightenment. Whenever we experience ecstasy, a part of the universe has become blissful. It's in the interest of creation that psychedelics are readily available to human beings. Extraction is great for diminishing distractions like stomach complaints.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
If you believe that plants have a spirit and that extraction takes the spirit out, you may well experience the expected results, but that has nothing to do with the plants.

Hyperion1980

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
27 Sept 2006
It is true, plants do have a spirit.

To solve this problem you have to apology load and clear before you "kill the plant". If your ego has a problem with "talking load to plants". You'll probably have a bad trip...

review the books of Carlos Castaneda for more info on the subject

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
If you believe that plants have a spirit and that extraction takes the spirit out, you may well experience the expected results, but that has nothing to do with the plants.
Yes.

One of the ways to ingest lots of spirit before the experience:

fruit.jpg

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Hyperion1980 a dit:
It is true, plants do have a spirit.

To solve this problem you have to apology load and clear before you "kill the plant". If your ego has a problem with "talking load to plants". You'll probably have a bad trip...

review the books of Carlos Castaneda for more info on the subject
Again and again I realize how much my approach to life and psychedelics is at odds with that of Carlos Castaneda and his imaginary friend.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Nice posts caduceus .

"review the books of Carlos Castaneda for more info on the subject"

It would be better if you understood those books . They are fantasy storys .

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
if plants had a spirit, they would have some kind of consciousness. and in that consciousness there would be a intent of guiding people, if we look only at sacred plants. and i doubt they would "die", with extraction. same salvia freaks claim that sally is mad if it is not consumed the right way (chewing). but even if she is furious about it, it doesn't mean it is dead.

only theorising

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
GOD a dit:
It would be better if you understood those books . They are fantasy storys .

So what's the answer? Each consciousness itself makes up whether a plant has a spirit or not. Scientifically, the presence of a soul cannot be measured.

Plant alkaloids are just alkaloids. Certain alkaloids just get psychoactive because they come in connection with the cells of our brain. And nature answers. But does that mean that these alkaloids on their own are having a conscious life? And what about the alkaloids who do not act as a psychoactive on our brain?

I think the spirit of nature itself, is continuously changing through energy and coincidence decides. Spirit is completely subjective. If you believe plants are having a spirit, then they have, if you think they have not, then they don't have a spirit.

Plants spread their seeds to assure they connect life with what's coming (I don't prefer to mention something a future). And so we do.