Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

I attempt to mentally vomit out a meaning of life.

Nomada

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
The other day I offered a woman European tourist showing her the way to the correct bus stop because she told she was lost.

She freaked out because she thought I was going to rob her. :shock:

We seem to have different meanings for equanimity (which by the way lent from buddhist phyyylosophy, I did, pointing to the source).

I actually see equanimity as a prerequisite for altruism. Or, altruism is a manifestation of equanimity.

But yes, you're right, probably a wrong choice of word.
I usually use equanimity vaguely as:
a concept that lets people get rid of the social mechanics of dominance by eliminating vertical relationships, or the sense of them,
and in its place horizontal relationships were there is no gratification through the ego and knight-in-the-shining-armor, put in their place. No judging, in general.

I think we're in the same room, we just call it differently.

peace :weedman:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Nomada a dit:
The other day I offered a woman European tourist showing her the way to the correct bus stop because she told she was lost.

She freaked out because she thought I was going to rob her. :shock:

Imagine going to a country and you have the feeling everyone just wants your money. Imagine then meeting a nice person like yourself actually just wanting to help. How would you feel? What would you think this person would do? Would you generalize just like this girl?

Was she hot?

I try to help tourists all the time, but some of them just don't want any help.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
the wikipedia article does not open...

lol she wasn't hot but I would have bite her If she had let me :)

I was in France on one ocassion, completely lost, 10 km from the Hotel (not knowing this), not knowing a blurpt of French, and this lady (this one kinda hot)
came and lead me to the door of the Hotel through 3 different buses! She didn't knew any spanish or english, so all done by body language and weird accented french monosilables. I covered her in kisses when she said goodbye. :p

I was REALLY lost...

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
thanks. the equanimity article still doesn't open though, when I click on it the tranquility article appears...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Both links are to the same article . Tranquility means equanimity .

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I often ask myself "so why am I here now, with these people around me?" It all seems nice and stuff - but deep inside I seem to feel I don't belong here. But then suddenly, with some friends, all of a sudden I know I do belong. I wouldn't feel different in other places with other people, it's normal to sometimes feel a little outside - because actually everyone is "outside" because everyone is only inside theirselves. Reality is my reality, and everyone not me is of course not me.

Ahmmmm, well. Definitely... :roll: 8)

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
"Tranquility means equanimity"

This is very interesting

psm

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
Nomada a dit:
"Tranquility means equanimity"

This is very interesting

which is why I was confused when you used the word :)

the fist link strangely doesn't work, but its the one, that pops up, if I use my wikiseachthing in FF :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Firefox can use http , Nomadas browser doesnt . All the links work for me , but they all link to the same page .

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
:shock: something's wrong then beacuse I'm using firefox

maybe this bestiary of add-ons is not working well or something

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Thats what it was last time someone here couldnt see some links . What addons are you using ? And have you set the options in the options part ?

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
Ablock, fasterfox, flashgot, no-script.

I do not know whichever one might be causing trouble.

thanks.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Fasterfox slows your browser down , look on the firefox forum to read more . Its not endorsed by firefox anymore . "Fire tune" is better . There are also more tips on tuneing firefox on the forum to .

I personaly dont like noscript , thats what hissil had the problems with when he thought thatz someone had given him a virus . I had it on my computer but soon got rid of it as it hindered my surfing . I dont know if thats the reason why you cat see http links .

I use "adblock plus" , "Block site" , "Customise google" , "Menue editor" and "Nightly tester tools" .

Wich firefox are you using ?

When you go to a site does it say for instance :-http://www.psychonaut.com in the adress bar of your firefox ?

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
I think you're right about Fasterfox.

I haven't actualized my firefox add-ons in a while. Will do then.

Firefox 2.0.0.16. I don't know how Http works (I can see http://www.psychonaut.com in my address bar)
but I'll check these add-ons activitities to see is there's something wrong.

Thanks for the heads up GOD
:D

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If you have http in your adress bar your browser uses it so that cant be why you couldnt open the page , so i havent got a clue .

I`ve got firefox 3.01 on my computer and its much faster and safer than 2 .

Strange though , both of us have problems and dont know why . I think i`ll have to ask on the firefox forum .