Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

HPPD, anyone?

Ever have Long term (days/weeks) visual effects?

• Yes (After coming down)

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 100,0%

• Nombre total d'électeurs

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
floaters arent hppd, and hppd isnt a disorder. this is what we have established so far.

call it whatever you want, but don't call it a disorder.

your brain obviously remembers what it's like to be in this state where your sense are supercharged or however the hell it was described. basically, you remember the trip you had, the same as you learn and remember how to ride a bike. you can recall the feelings and the emotion, so it's pretty clear.

now just ponder about this idea for a minute... :

people with a good memory for physical activity... :idea: :idea: :idea:

persisting perception.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
i dont get it.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
adrianhaffner a dit:
hppd isnt a disorder.

HPPD isnt necessarily a disorder, but if it is particularly intense, causing anxiety, and having a negative impact on the life of the person who has it, can it then be counted as a disorder?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Are you guys still calling something that you all think isn't a disorder a disorder?

:roll:

There's only one way to stop this link to mental illness and that is to stop using this word.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
We all have some disorders, and "mental illness" but just like everything else it's word meaning is arbitrary... there is no such thing as mental illness - who is normal anyways. What is schizophrenics are just seers that see reality, and we're all unobservant enough to notice any of it.

lets end this topic.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
it's ended, people are just argueing for the sake of argueing now. first its a disorder, then it's not a disorder, so i try to establish that we all agree that it's not a disorder, now some people are trying to declare it as a disorder again.

IT'S NOT A DISORDER just cause what you see bothers you. and i dont feel like argueing in circles on the technicality of what a certain word means, save that shit for epistemology.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"i already explicitly said several times that it is NOT physical damage, or a disorder, perhaps you didn't read those posts?" -max

basically you're like, well, technically it's not a disorder, but lets call it a disorder for whatever reason...?

why?

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
adrianhaffner a dit:
IT'S NOT A DISORDER just cause what you see bothers you.

what if it is particularly intense, causing anxiety, and having a severe negative impact on the life of the person who has it, can it then be counted as a disorder?

adrianhaffner a dit:
basically you're like, well, technically it's not a disorder, but lets call it a disorder for whatever reason...?

it isnt me who calls it a disorder, it is just the commonly accepted word for it, it is the 'D' of 'HPPD'

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
At Max freakout,
Did you used cannabis at the time you had these problems.

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
magickmumu a dit:
At Max freakout,
Did you used cannabis at the time you had these problems.

i stopped using cannabis because of these problems. To start with i was using cannabis, and getting stoned made the whole thing much worse, not just the persisting visual effects, but also the anxiety and paranoia more generally, it would go into turbo mode when i was stoned. So i stopped using cannabis and the problem still remained but it wasnt quite as intrense. But in general cannabis can make these kinds of problems worse (although i get the impression that in some people cannabis can actually help)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
maxfreakout a dit:
i stopped using cannabis because of these problems. To start with i was using cannabis, and getting stoned made the whole thing much worse, not just the persisting visual effects, but also the anxiety and paranoia more generally, it would go into turbo mode when i was stoned. So i stopped using cannabis and the problem still remained but it wasnt quite as intrense. But in general cannabis can make these kinds of problems worse (although i get the impression that in some people cannabis can actually help)

I was the same way.

mutant

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Fev 2008
Wow-wow-wow!!! I have seen some denial and dismissal of HPPD and related disorders in my time around various forums, but never so extreme... and this is not a coincidence. This is the most stupid forum I have even been, hence my little participation...

boy you're either a] totally idiots b] totally freaked-out acid freaks c] do it on purpose, that is spreading misinformation that HPPD is something made up..

So HPPD doesn't exist, huh?

And what the fuck is this??

http://www.hppdonline.com/forum/

People who say HPPD doesn't exist do it because they want to defend their 'precious', it's funny how closeminded can the usually openminded psychedelic people can be

And yeah, cannabis seems to help some people with anxiety, but for others it makes it worse, and in 'HPPD cases' specifically , most if not all report it only worsens the situation...

I have found than in most cases the main responsible factor for HPPD and related drug-induced disorders is stupidity and abuse [misuse] of psychedelics and drugs in general... but this doesn't mean HPPD-like conditions don't exist. right? :twisted:

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
hell yeah it's my precious, if you'd like to taint it with postmodern schizophrenic pathological pathologies from the drug dealers in white it's fine by me.

Well you know, we do crazy stuff right? we builds weapons and kill each other.
The name creates --I think you're confused--, you can call it Cubic Portability syndrome if you like.

There's a spheric God courted by angel snakes with nothing but precious love and compassion, She rises in the east and merges in red at the west everyday,

can you see it?

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
mutant a dit:
So HPPD doesn't exist, huh?

And what the fuck is this??

http://www.hppdonline.com/forum/

People who say HPPD doesn't exist do it because they want to defend their 'precious', it's funny how closeminded can the usually openminded psychedelic people can be

There is only one poster here who says HPPD doesnt exist (GOD) in the face of the overwhelming evidence that it does, every forum has its resident loudmouth idiot, this forum is unfortunately no different. GOD is displaying typical delusional tendencies, ie maintaining a false belief in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.....

I think a few posters here are confusing HPPD 'not existing', with 'HPPD' 'being an inappropriate name'. HPPD definitely exists, but 'HPPD' probably isnt the best name (in a descriptive sense) for it, because:

1. 'Hallucinogen' is an innacurate term
2. It isnt necessarily a 'disorder' (although it can be if it causes anxiety and paranoia and disrupts a person's life)

mutant a dit:
And yeah, cannabis seems to help some people with anxiety, but for others it makes it worse, and in 'HPPD cases' specifically , most if not all report it only worsens the situation...

Right yeah that is definitely true, but i couldnt imagine how it could help though, for me it was making things much worse :evil: One joint and i'd be an anxious wreck for like 2 weeks :(

mutant a dit:
I have found than in most cases the main responsible factor for HPPD and related drug-induced disorders is stupidity and abuse [misuse] of psychedelics and drugs in general... but this doesn't mean HPPD-like conditions don't exist. right? :twisted:

HPPd exists, in the sense that people frequently experience persisting visual effects from tripping. Anybody denyong this just hasnt experienced it themselves

Nomada a dit:
if you'd like to taint it with postmodern schizophrenic pathological pathologies from the drug dealers in white it's fine by me.

Hehe :D

brilliant quote 8)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
maxfreakout a dit:
HPPd exists, in the sense that people frequently experience persisting visual effects from tripping. Anybody denyong this just hasnt experienced it themselves

The great galactic spaghetti monster exists, in the sense that people frequently eat meatball spaghetti in Italy and have gastrointestinal problems afterwards. You call something something else.

Nobody denied the symptom of persisting visual effects in this thread. HPPD is a mental disorder of which this is only one of the symptoms. Others include being severely restricted by these visual effects in social and/or professional life. If you did not experience this latter aspect, then sorry, but you didn't have HPPD.

Did anyone here had to stop work/school/seeing friends because the visuals (while not under the influence of drugs) were just too damn strong?

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Nobody denied the symptom of persisting visual effects in this thread.

Nobody except GOD, who denied it many times (he was denying that it could possibly be caused by drugs)

Forkbender a dit:
HPPD is a mental disorder of which this is only one of the symptoms. Others include being severely restricted by these visual effects in social and/or professional life. If you did not experience this latter aspect, then sorry, but you didn't have HPPD.

Did anyone here had to stop work/school/seeing friends because the visuals (while not under the influence of drugs) were just too damn strong?

People certainly can get severe HPPD that disrupts their lives significantly, when i had it it fucked my whole life up for a while. But what most people on here (including the original poster) mean when they say 'HPPD' is JUST the persisting visual effects, even if they are very mild. As i have said many times on this thread, because there is no other name for (even very mild) recurring visual effects, people use the term 'HPPD' even though it is a very inadequate term (in the descriptive sense) for what they are experiencing

Therefore, HPPD exists, in the sense that people very often get recurring visual effects from taking drugs

In other words, when people say that they have HPPD, they are NOT using the strict, broad DSM definition of 'HPPD', all they mean, is that they have recurring visual effects from taking drugs, whether or not it affected their lives significantly

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Liar .

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Ironically the forefathers of the Indians who used peyote never had a word for hallucination untill the whites introduced it to them. From that day on, they suddenly hallucinated. They didn't had a word for drugs either. The whites brought it them. HPPD? What kind of luxury is that?

Cannabis/entheogens speed up your overal thought activity and it widens the fields of your world. Be aware of what you grab and monitor where you're vulnerable for. The more psychological informed one is, the bigger the chance of new founded boughs on this tree.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
stop splitting hairs.

Anyone any solution to get rid of these persisting visual effects?