Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how to dry fresh shrooms ?

chilp

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Sept 2008
When you buy fresh shrooms, how long do they stay fresh, and waht are the methods to dry them right away ? thanks.

skrudge

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
one week in the fridge I think...
There are many ways to dry your shrooms.
I dry my mushrooms by washing them first(of grass seeds, I don't think you should since you bought them), dry them with some toilet paper, get some new toiletpaper and place the mushrooms between a few sheets of those.

Put them ina dark place and let them stay there for a while. 3 to 4 days is sufficient most of the time.

good luck :)

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Best way is to use a dessicant like Silica Gel.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
The best thing is a dessicant as JustinNed said. What you need to do is put your dessicant at the bottom of a sealable container and then somehow suspend your mushrooms about 3-5 inches away from the dessicant. Maybe create some wire mesh to hold the mushrooms. Finally, you need to close to top, and let it sit for about 2 days, sometimes longer.

PEACE & LOVE

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Put them in front of a fan. You're getting them cracker dry that way.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
On a news paper on top of a wardrobe or cupboard at about 18°C and watch them . If they get problems raise the temperature . A fans also good and so is drying with desicants .

Mikey_Massacre

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Juil 2008
Luckily I have a drying mashine(or something like that). I put shrooms in it for 1 day,and next day they are completely dry. :p

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
An oven is not optimal . Its only good if your mushrooms start going off .

How does your drying machine work Mikey ?

chilp

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Sept 2008
Thanks guys for the various tips, it seems to range within the simplest trick (between toilet paper and let it dry in the dark) and the most elaborated (fan+dessicant). Then I heard or read somewhere that drying them the wrong way/or too much can make them lose their psilocybin potential....

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
The best way I think for preserving the Psilocybin would be using a deccicant. It sounds hard but its very easy. You can go to the hardware store and buy the dessicant. The one I used I think was called DamRid.

Mikey_Massacre

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Juil 2008
GOD a dit:
An oven is not optimal . Its only good if your mushrooms start going off .

How does your drying machine work Mikey ?

Well,its something designed to dry Mushrooms(of course not that kind of mushrooms the makers probaly had in mind). Its like a three level dryer that you close and the hot air circulating inside these levels dryes them pretty quick. The hole release the air inside and you can smell the mushrooms drying, its great :wink: makes you wanna eat them :p

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I may be wrong, but can't a bad drying technique lead to bacteria/mold growth on the mushrooms?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Mikey your machine is perfect . I wish i`d had one of those . Do you know where i can get more info about them please ?

Justin you are right . One has to keep an eye on them . If they start to go a darker colour or get soft and squidgy raise the temoerature...... or put them in the oven......

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I thought the objective was to have a low temperature to avoid breaking down any Psilocybin or Psilocin...

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It depends on the heat , but circulating warm air is perfect if its not to hot .

Mikey_Massacre

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Juil 2008
GOD a dit:
Mikey your machine is perfect . I wish i`d had one of those . Do you know where i can get more info about them please ?

I bought it in Media Markt :p Just go and ask for a veggie/mushroom dryer. It was quite cheap(something like 20 euro)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Media Markt ??? Where are you ???

Your mushrooms should be OK but an oven isnt realy good . Spread out on a piece of paper at 18°C is best .

Mikey_Massacre

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Juil 2008
In Poland,but Media Markt has many shops in EU