Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How long do spore syringes stay good?

ShamanHut

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
How long do spore syringes stay viable when kept at room temperature? Got some old ones lying around and would like to know if I should junk them.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
I've once used a syringe that had been kept at room temperature for two months. It took over a week before any mycelium appeared, but after that everything went smoothly. So why not just trying them out to see if they still work?

ShamanHut

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
The strains are all over 6 months old, stored in a closet and I would hate to waste a lot of time and medium mix to test them to only have nothing to show for it. I guess I could try just one of them to see how it goes.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Or you could try to use them for making liquid culture. The liquid is easy and cheap to produce and if they work, you get a nice amout of LC you can use. If they don't work, you haven't wasted considerable amounts of time nor money.

ShamanHut

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
Thanks for the Idea. I will get a few injectable spawning jars of liquid nutrient to see if they cloud with mycelium. They are pretty cheap and can make 1 syringe into 10. Awesome!

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
And please tell wether or not your syringes worked. That might inspire others to put their "old" syringes in to use.

Mycophile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
30 Juil 2004
Nobody can guarantee you that syringes which are older then 6 months will work.

But it will be a shame if you threw them away without tryin'. I think that the chance that they're still ok are over 50%. Might go a little slower though.

sandman_130

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Déc 2005
^ he's right, the only way to be sure is to at least try, never just throw a syringe away.

Last year I over ordered on syringes, and had used some that I had been storing for almost 8 months, and they still worked fine.

so don't give up!