Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How far does it go?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
They started with atoms, then it was the proton, electron, and neutron.

Then Quarks.

Now there is an encyclopedia of small particles, fermions, leptons, bosons.

Then string theory (if correct)

But how far down does it REALLY go? Each size seems to have its own realm:

Protons and electrons without a telescope would never know about gravity.

A galaxy and a star without a microscope would never know about the strong and weak force.

Both seem to encompass the EM force.

How large does it get? Is our universe the only one?

Are there other Big Bangs unimaginable distances away? Is our universe just a lepton speeding through yet another dimension? Or is it just turtles all the way down?

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i honestly think if you go deeper than leptons and muons and whatever and so on you'll enter smaller and smaller realms, as you say, until you get so tiny you can't believe it and then that little bit spec of stuff, you realize, is non other than the milky way galaxy and you're back where you started. the snake eats its own tail. the cosmic punchline. i find finiteness implausible. i think the universe is infinitely recursive, it paradoxically ends where it begins.

lol*fan

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Juil 2007
A while ago I read a trip report on Erowid. The substance used was alcohol. This guy sort of experienced what ???????? describes. He found himself floating above his body, rising higher and higher, leaving earth, leaving the galaxy, only to find himself come out of the top of his head again in the end 8)

On a more scientific level, I read about some researcher or writer or philosopher -- sorry, I really don't remember what -- who knew a lot about quantum physics and he said that... if you zoom in as far as possible you see that at that level nothing moves anymore, and at that level where everything stands still you'll find the core of everything. The more you zoom in, he said, the bigger the 'contents' of the small things, and in the end the most tiny part holds the entire universe. (Also comes down to what ???????? above said.)

Something like that, excuse me if I didn't rephrase it very well, I don't know a lot about this subject matter (quantum physics), however it did hit home when I read it :D

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I've obviously thought about that, most people have. I used to always have the fractal universe trip when smoking bud and listening to techno-trance.

But I think that it is mostly psychological that we believe that way, we just can't invision smaller and smaller, so we loop it. But hey doesn't consciousness create the universe?

Who knows.

If there is a limit to small and big I will be surprised
If there is no limit I will be surprised

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
lol*fan a dit:
A while ago I read a trip report on Erowid. The substance used was alcohol. This guy sort of experienced what ???????? describes. He found himself floating above his body, rising higher and higher, leaving earth, leaving the galaxy, only to find himself come out of the top of his head again in the end 8)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
"Oh my god we're all living on homers head"

Well here guys, do you think there is a limit to small?

Another thing I like to think about, that maybe tricks your mind a bit if you havn't done this already:

Imagine looking at humans very small, as ants.

Imagine looking at humans are very large, from an ants point of view.

Then look at a human from a planets point of view, an atoms point of view.

Would you ever be aware of humans if you were the size of an atom? Would you ever be aware of humans if you were the size of a galaxy?

I forget exactly what it is called, I think it is strength of scale, and a physicist and philospher says we are on the middle ground of scale. Not being closer to the biggest or the smallest objects, but right inbetween.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I wonder if there is a limit to small... It's interesting that when you measure energy on a small enough scale it seems to be quantized as opposed to having infinitely variable states.. A little read..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_length

Maybe the matrix has a limited display resolution after all ;)

lol*fan

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Juil 2007
IJesusChrist a dit:
Would you ever be aware of humans if you were the size of an atom? Would you ever be aware of humans if you were the size of a galaxy?

(..) a physicist and philospher says we are on the middle ground of scale. Not being closer to the biggest or the smallest objects, but right inbetween.
So... how would we know we're in the middle, if maybe we just have a limited viewing range both ways? If the atom can't be aware of humans, there's a good chance there's things so big that we can't be aware of them, and things so small that we can't see them. As long as we're not entirely sure we see the entire picture (if it is indeed limited) we can't know where in it we are :)

mrvitorsky

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
Im pretty sure at this point that non of this is real and its all my consciousness and then theres gonna be some response and im gonna reply cause all thats keeping reality going is movement and if they stop the movement im scared what will happen. but the movement is scaring me so what the fuck do i do. I cant kill myselfcause then ill be in the real world and it scares me whats real. but this scares me fuck some one please throw me in a institution...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Ah yes, quantization: I had forgotten about this.

However, even with quantization, I believe size can still indefinitely become smaller. Possibly not... I can't think clearly I need a month to recover from this damn naptha.

MrVitorsky, focus on talking, dumb yourself down. You're going down to far bud, your view is wrapping in on itself, that is why you do not feel right. You are looking only inside, as if the universe is inside you. It isn't. Look outisde, or start trying.

You're writing what I was thinking 2 years ago.