Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How do you tell a person no to drugs?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I've got a friend - I've spoken of him many times before. Quite eccentric, quite antsy, quite picky. I believe he may have ausbergers syndrome, and definitely could be diagnosed with OCD, definitely.

He's been trying to inhale some hyper-space-spice for a while and just can't get it. His lungs are too weak, he can't hold it in and cannot possibly take 2 hits. . .

So he will going for ayahuasca.

I don't want to say he can't handle himself, but I'm just not plainly sure. He had taken shrooms before, a few times, but around the fourth time he says to me "Dude when I close my eyes I can see things"

wait - you couldn't see visuals the first three times? So what I'm seeing is that he really hasn't experienced a very strong anything yet - he hasn't had a heavy trip, and he can't even test the waters with a trip to hyper space, yet he's gung-ho on doing ayahuasca.

Now, I've been also conflicted as to even say ayahuasca can be dangerous. I find it to be one of the most healing medicines (well... I hear that it is one of the most healing medicines) and that it really shouldn't be kept from anyone... Am I right to be protective of him? Or should I let him go...?

I will most likely volunteer to sit him, I'm not sure if he wants me to or not though.

I'll hit up the DMT-nexus as well with this one.

I wouldn't even ask this about mushrooms, LSD, or the like, but ayahuasca is the end-all of psychodelics in a way, yet I believe it to be much more forgiving once it is over, where as mushrooms and others can leave a man on edge. I've heard bad trips on ayahuasca to, although rare, but something I would truly love to steer clear of with said friend.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Something along these lines I think sounds best,

I have evaluated the situation and the risks involved and I have come to the conclusion, your not ready as far as I can tell. On these grounds I regret to inform you I will not be able to administer expected dose of Ayahausca. Keep searching and do not be discouraged, You have much to learn. All good things, Come to those that wait :)

You can elaborate on the template, My friend 8)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Well he will be taking ayahuasca within a week's time now...

I don't know how to feel about this!!

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
are you gona be there with him?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I want to be. I don't want him to be doing this unexperienced, but he's giving me strong vibes that he doesn't want me to be with.

Either I intimidate him and he thinks that I'm going to be too strong a presence, or he doesn't want my "sober" self to be there...

He made the point that he wants to do it with another friend, both of them drinking it.

r3volved

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Avr 2011
If you are supplying then just straight up refuse
If not, it's his lesson to learn. Best you can do is make sure he prepares in that case...or rather inform him of any preparations

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well... it seems you have more theoretical and practical knowledge + experience than your friend. so if in your view it won't be good for him (yet?), then you almost have to prevent/convince your friend from doing ayahuasca... everything else is weak, in my opinion. or if you consider yourself enough of a shaman then do it with him or find him a good shaman but then also don't forget to clearly warn him of the possible consequences. just do what you have to do regarding your real responsability towards your friend and if you have done that and he stays stubborn like before, then warn him again and maybe try to make him aware of his own responsability for himself. hope that helps! :wink:

peace!

r3volved

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
30 Avr 2011
Anything ever come of this?
I've been checking back regularly hoping for an update. I've been in a similar situation, though milder substance.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
He's been patient with it. Its just sitting in his fridge. I told him I would sit him, and I think the rush of excitement of having it has passed and he realizes the beast he wields.

I will be leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks, and I a sneaking suspicion he will attempt it while I'm gone. If he really wants me to not interfere that greatly I will allow him to, as long as he is showing respect for the intensity..

Toxicomethorphane

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2010
I say, leave us alone, people like him, people like me, shamanism is a right, and when some one of us says he sees things you are the ones to blame in the conclusion. Believe we are crazy, stupid, freaks, believe what you want, you ain't gonna "help" us, us poor people using drugs and dying day after day in our own urine... I hate this image.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
what the fuck are you talking about, and to who?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i would say either to you or your ego (=who you think you are)... altho i can't really judge i somewhat agree to the feel of that post. maybe he is alluding to a "possibly not as responsible as you think use of drugs" that you may be practicing or communication to people who use drugs or communication while you use drugs... i dunno lol.... and no offense man that's just my opinion/perspective alright?? :eek: :shock: it's more like an assumption that i have that has a lot to do with anti-drug propaganda/demonisation and something that you could define as "learned helplessness"... and really many many people have psychological complexes like that that they think they have to project on the outer world. something like that...
don't get me wrong ok?? try to think without prejudice. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :rolleyes: :p

peace 8)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I understand that, but if there is an apparent danger, I don't want to be responsible...