Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

hi.. please please check my extraction procedure

bigfoot

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2010
Hi

I would be forever grateful if anyone interested would check through this and give suggestions or confirmation on things..

It is adapted from (or my understanding of) "QT's DMT Extraction for Students"
http://www.dmtextraction.org/mimosa1dmtextraction.htm (though jars labelled differently) and other things I read online.. so this is what my understanding of how it can be done so far..

Inventory:

(larger amounts of the substances, but this is for one extraction from 30g bark powder)

Gloves, mask, glasses
30g Mimosa hostilis bark powder
345ml Distilled water - 345ml
3 Jars (thick glass, with lids.. for all substances)
pH papers
pipette (plastic.. for the acid)
3ml Hydrochloric acid
measuring jug (glass.. for solvent, and water)
turkey baster (plastic.. for removing solvent from separations, and acidified water)
stirrer (glass.. for acid+bark+water, lye+water, acid+water)
ceramic bowl (.. for hot water to heat up the jars)
thermometer (don't know which kind (plastic/metal/glass).. for solvent, and acid+bark+water)
cotton wool
funnel (plastic.. for acid+bark+water)
coffee filters
600ml Solvent and 500ml to test (Ronnsonol lighter fluid)
5g Lye
Vinegar to neutralise lye spills
dish (glass.. for testing solvent and evaporating final solution)
razor

Steps

0. test solvent for impurities - leave 500ml (of the same brand to be used) out in a glass dish with no lid until it evaporates. If there is residue, try a different brand.

1. Add to a jar: 250ml water (the tek said 500ml, then half isn't used), hydrochloric acid (aprx 1ml) until it is pH 2, and then 30g of Bark
Stir

2. Boil some water (enough to cover the bottom inch of the jar) and put in a large ceramic bowl.
Put jar in bowl with it's lid off
check temperature of jar's contents, and add hot/cold water to a temperature of 50'C for 25mins.

(leave for 24 hours, shaking occasionally)

3. pour the solution through a funnel blocked up with cotton wool
keep the liquid in JAR A, and the residue in another

4. Repeat steps 1-3 with the residue, leaving for 7 days instead of the 24hrs.

5. Repeat steps 1-3 with the residue, leaving for 7 days instead of the 24hrs, and using a coffee filter instead of cotton wool

6. Add 100ml of solvent to JAR A.
shake for 20mins

(wait for it to separate into 2 distinct layers.. between 24 and 48 hrs)

7. Remove the top layer (orange/pink) with a turkey baster and discard

8. In JAR B, warm 100ml of the solvent like in step 2.. for ??? minutes, at ??? temperature.
Then add JAR B's contents to JAR A

9. In JAR C, add 95ml of water, and slowly add Lye (apr 5g) intill it is ph 11.
Add small amounts of this to JAR A, slowly and stirring, until JAR A's pH is between 9 and 11.
(Solution should be grey, then become black and will heat up)

(leave for 24 hours to separate)

10. Remove the top layer (orange/pink) with a turkey baster and discard

11. Repeat steps 8 (not 9) and 10, two times with JAR A.

12. Pour on a dish, and leave to evaporate (up to a week)

13. Scrape up the residue with a razor and that is DMT!
(aprox 5 doses (275mg) from the bark (30g) )

Questions..

1) Is the inventory (incl the choice of glass/plastics) ok?
2) Is a pH meter required, rather than pH papers? (with the substance in step 9 being coloured)
3) is getting the solvent from the cans simple?
4) Does the spongey inlay that comes with the lids on the jars need to be removed?

5) Is there something that should be done differently in the steps?
6) is it actually possible to collect the residue in step 3 with it being mixed into all the cotton wool?
7) when leaving the solution for a while (to separate, or for the acid to react with the bark). should the lid be on of off?
8.) in steps 7 and 10, can the separation be done sufficiently with a turkey baster, or should I be using a ziplock bag/separatory funnel?
9) is heating in a bowl of hot water enough for step 2 (to make it 50'C) or do I need it on the stove in a double boiler?
10) having read that it has to be the bowl for step 8, to what temperature and for how long should solvent be warmed in step 8?
11) are there any maximum time delays between the steps.. can the process be left for a few days or a week if needed?

12) I've read to use vinegar incase of lye spills.. do I need anything for solvent or acid spills?
13) will there be strong smells or vapours that could be a problem with doing it in a small appartment? (it can be kept well ventilated (has outside door and windows) for times when doing things with it, but not overnight)
14) could it explode!?! (thinking about step 9)
15) what are the dangers of using the final substance if something was done wrong in this extraction?

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Some tips:

the QT extraction is pretty clear but uses a to low pH at the basification making the viscosity high, if you go to pH 11-13 there are less emulsions.

30 grams is not much, after every step you have loss, so I would go for about 250gram, because it's a nice amount to work on(not to big).

filtering is very important, take care here cause when there are to many particles emulsions won't separate easily.

I think it's difficult to guess the amount of acid and base beforehand. It is easy to check the acidic water with a pH paper, but after basification the solution becomes grey/black and it can be difficult with a pH paper.

You can't add lye to the solution, that fucking dangerous because lot of heat is produced, you have dissolve it spoon by spoon(making a solution first before adding) and check if it doesn't start to cook.

Patience is the key, if you do this A/B extraction good It will take a week, I don't use hot acidic water cause more fat will dissolve and takes more time to clean you end product. I do warm up the water with the naphta extraction. I suggest that you read some more cause vinegar is acid and lye base. You have to understand what you are doing else accident will happen. There are a lot of procedures. You also can't leave a strong basic solution in glass for a few weeks, cause it will break. You can't use fire with naphta. You can't evaporate it in your house.

I also rather use HDPE plastic instead of glass, easy to handle and won't break, you can also choose a straight to base extraction, it's faster but you need more time to clean the crystals.

bigfoot

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2010
sorry.. I should have added here.. I have started the q21q21 tek 2 procedure.. https://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/default ... post142240

3 trays and a jar in the freezer.. lots of crystals forming :D .. it seemed to look like the pics all the way through

will weigh it out tomorrow.

when the naptha was added, it was in a saucepan, inside another one with hot water.. it was in the house, but right at the door to outside, with a fan blowing the fumes outside

I am interested in trying different teks so I can compare what works for me best... so I will incorporate your advice in future attempts.. I will also follow your advice and read and learn more about it all before I try it again

thanks.. I appreciate the input :mrgreen:

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Looking forward to hear your results!

You seem to have prepared well for this.

Average potency reported on Erowid sometime ago is 0.56%). I've had bark which yielded 1.6%. 30 grams of .56% potency will optimally yield 0.16 grams. 1.6% bark 0.48 grams.

Personally I like to extract 100 gram bark at once but my bark has a potency of 1.2% and a gram of spice can last up to a year with me ;)

bigfoot

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2010
ahhh.. weirdly, I hadnt considered the potency of the batch.. I am in the UK so will have to see where else supplies near here, thank you

the crystals weighed in at 310mg (from 100g bark).. seems to be a low amount comparatively, but it's still a really good deal for the price, etc.. will adjust timings and things next time

gonna try it tonight!!1 .. I have a friend coming round who will do it too after me

couldnt find a crackpipe for this time, will mix 70mg with some weed on a regular water bong

bigfoot

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2010
gonna do it in an hour..

last min question.. as I dont have the right pipe.. what is a good BIG dose (enough to break through for sure) for smoking it through a water bong, mixed with weed?

was thinking 70 or 80mg?

bigfoot

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2010
wowowowowowow

that was.. I cant explain in less than 1000000000 words right now.. but I will summarise when I can

after doing it for the first time..I feel like I also did it a few times before, but millions of years ago

thanks for being part of the patterns that brought it back again this time

bigfoot

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Sept 2010
I should add..

before taking it.. I went to the local supermarket to see if I could get anything to make a pipe.. the machine or something could be adapted into a crackpipe.

I tried 70mg from a pipe made out of a cafeteria... reason being that I knew it transferred heat well, and seemed to be the perfect arrangement to my understanding of it. inner contraption removed, leaving a lid, a whole in the top, and one at the spout (sealed up unto inhalation). crystals in the bottom, heated but not burnt, watched them evaporate and when done I then opened the two hole and inhaled it all through one. i suspect it might be if dmt stops being active if left as vapour for too long? .. inhaled during 6-10 seconds after and held for a minute

nothing happened.. I checked my sensation and orientation and it had changed, but only like having just held my breathe for a minute

my friend then tried 70mg through my regular water bong, with a layer of weed under and above.. and went went fully into it

I left it 80mins incase I had a trace of it that gave me tolerance, then tried by the method he used and it was just infinate

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
congratumotherfuckinglations.

I'm always amazed how people refrain from using all capital letters and keep their responses to less than a page length when talking about first DMT dose.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
^ its very profound craziest shit you can ever do.

you seem to have come about the whole thing in the right manner
alot of people cut the corners of the extraction, swim cuts it down to a 3 day deal and doesnt lose much.