Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Help | Permanent Mental Enhancement

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
Friends, I would like to write a little about myself and about what I am trying to achieve. I really hope that some of you can offer me solid advice and tips on how to accomplish this goal I set for myself, as I know we've got some great minds in this community.
------

I grew up in London, went to a french primary school and then to college where I wasted years of my life. I turned out to be the kid that just wouldn't fit in, so I was very lonely, and still am. I feel that my childhood was stolen from me. It most certainly was, with the video game addiction I had from the age of 8 to 20 (that's 12 years of gaming addicition and of virtual reality).

I am now an aspiring musician, I have fallen in love with the guitar and spend my days playing the instrument as well as studying in hope of improving my technique and compositional skills. My music means the world to me... I have commited myself to the sacrifices of a full-time on the road musician, I have come to realise that I was hardwired from an early age to do this, becoming a soldier for the people.

I have only recently woken up to the universe and the world which we live in. At first I thought it was the combination of psychedelic substances(drugs), of paranoia and of insecurity. So I locked myself in my room for 2 months (not literally) but I spent a lot of time reading books, watching documentaries, and educating myself on politics as well as other things such as ancient civilizations, philosophy and the impact of technological advances and of scientifical discoveries on us and on the world. I discovered more, way more, than I initially thought I had bargained for. I guess that's what happens when you go looking for answers to those persisting questions I'm sure we all have (or had).

I am pissed. I am very, very angry, and I am sad. Which doesn't help, knowing that unfortunately, I'm quite the 'dark horse', with moderate depression problems, and we all know how depression leads to all sorts of problems and human malfunctions.
------

Now for what I am trying to achieve.
I have been (and still am, at a slow pace) taking LSD, the 60s-like stuff, the real thing. My trips have given me a lot of knowledge, wisdom, awareness, amongst other things. Prior to meditating while under the influence of LSD, I remember telling myself to try to retain the enlightenment and the eupohoric, feel-good feeling I was experiencing, so that when I was sober, I would still have that extra edge, that boosted mental and emotional capacity as well as the clarity that the LSD had so kindly given me.

I haven't taken any drugs of any kind for a few weeks now except for a few beers (lol), and I feel like an empty shell comparing to when I was tripping on acid. Although I will most certainly be taking some more soon, I would like to know if there are any methods that would help me in my cause, which, as I called it in the thread title, is permanent mental enhancement.

Please... I really need your thoughts on this. My mind needs to expand, like it temporarily did while on acid. I need to do this now, not just for me, but for the world and our people.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I will be looking forward to what you ladies and gentlemen have to say.
Peace, and I wish a good day to all of you.
- Alex

Sticki

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Seek and you will find,

It seems you have come along way already with good observation :)

I think the key issue that catches my eye is the following quote.
KingLordMaster a dit:
I am pissed. I am very, very angry, and I am sad. Which doesn't help, knowing that unfortunately, I'm quite the 'dark horse', with moderate depression problems, and we all know how depression leads to all sorts of problems and human malfunctions.

In order to be fully productive you have to carry no baggage, You must figure out the root of the depression and then make changes to your life that better suit your needs or you need to learn that not everything is worth weighing yourself down with - Alot of people live in far worse circumstances then us and maintain a positive outlook.

To be the person you wish to be will take great discipline, alot of time and great inner strength. Once you are the person you want to be it will probably be equally hard work keeping the mind frame you have achieved in what seems to be an over negative enviroment.

Also, here is a saying that I think you should also be familliar with - One mans food, Is another man's poison.

KrispedKritter

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2011
Smoke weed every day.

No, seriously.

You and I seem to be very much alike, having grown up in similar circumstances and sharing the same addictions (gosh, games still have the best of me, at times, but not nearly like they did when I was in the clutches of EverCrack).

I've found that the attitude of remembering what you're here for, remembering Your personal Quest, is what keeps me going forward. In everyday life, I keep getting knocked down, over and over and over again. "Their" machine guns are really powerful, but nobody can take the power of standing up away from me; we've all got this amazing fire inside of us, which we can learn to utilize through mystical techniques/technologies. Meditation is one. Cannabis is another one. Music, certainly, is too. I spend my days always observing and learning, no matter if I am playing a game, at work, having zex, or am out for a stroll. There is always opportunity to observe (and to react/respond, depending on what kind of emotional state or mind state you are in). But in the evenings... I unleash the vampire. The true me. Smoking nice hits in my bong, the fire inside of me recoils and shoots up (sometimes literally with a distinct Kundalini effect going through my spine, leaving me with an incredible buzz). This leaves me in a totally different mind state, very much alike a jhanic state that follows a nice session of meditation.

This, of course, creates some problems for me. If I have grass at home, it's easy to be lazy and just smoke to get there, and then proceed to draw, write, play music, games, or whatever. If I have grass at home, it's easy to get "there" with one or two hits of it, instead of some fifteen minutes of meditation.

...that's when we start to combine techniques. Meditation together with ganja really gets me flowing. A session after which I'm dancing like an apsara, constantly upwards. Learn to use this energy as you wish; project your innermost feelings and emotions and spit them out into audial space in brilliant colours. Amazing.

Of course I realize that we're all individual personalities (or, heh, well, at least we'd like it to be like that, no?) and we all react differently to drugs and such. I don't smoke spliffs unless with people, because nicotine truly fucks my stomach up. Some people don't take to grass at all, because they don't like it for this or that reason, just in the same way as I don't touch alcohol.

We all have to find Our way, and there are so many out there. All the ways are interchangeable, to a certain degree, if you just feel comfortable in reprogramming yourself. Ever since I took my initial "heavy" trips (more 60s like than I'd though; usually the tabs of acid around here are weak, some 150-200 mcg, whereas the 60s usually were 600+) of 500+ mics with the Native American motto "Small smoke leads to Big smoke" taken to heart, it has changed me. It hasn't so much permantently enhanced my mental acuity (although, tbh, the ego-death sure as hell did that), but it definately change my relationship to cannabis. Small smoke does, indeed, lead to big smoke, if you just make that motto yours.

It's all in the mind, and obviously, it'd be nice to have a nice peace of mind without dousing it with THC. I think it's possible, but I see no reason why you (or I, at least!) can't do it together with it. Just don't let your own blue meanies get to you, mate; you're stronger than that.

Here's a little something to keep your will up:

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
I haven't taken any drugs of any kind for a few weeks now except for a few beers (lol), and I feel like an empty shell comparing to when I was tripping on acid. Although I will most certainly be taking some more soon, I would like to know if there are any methods that would help me in my cause, which, as I called it in the thread title, is permanent mental enhancement.

It is GREAT to know your learning the guitar. So am I. What kind of music or musics do you like?

Regarding what your asking. I sense you are wanting the feelings you have when on psychedcelics to last? Let me ask you, I am sure you have had a sexual orgasm? Would you expect that to last? Or is the beauty of it that it is a climax, and that the reason it is so special is because we don't experience it all the time, because if we did it would be mono wouldn't it? We wouldn't have anything to compare that experience with another. Imagine being happy ALL the time, or sad ALL the time. Does that make sense, or is life contrasts.

When you look at a scene in nature you dont see just a flat colour or light, it is various contrasts and this is what gives experience diveristy.

So what am I saying? OK all I can tell you is what I do. I have had psychedelic experiences. I advise you dont take TOO many. I am noy saying stop, but encouraging you to not take them lightly, and use them as some kind of crutch to boost what you seem to consider dull sober experience. RATHER I advise you understand that the dullness you may feel is more the indoctrination of the culture. it is what school does to us, and playing video games. Let me tell you a little what I know about vid games. I personally have never been into them, but have been interested in what they do to kids heads. I found that the makers of these things have studied animal experiments where the animal is given a stimulus and this makes them wanting more and more and more etc. They use this EXACT trick with children and adults, and this is why it becomes addictive! This is how cunning these people are. They have no morality. They dont give a shit about others but just want to make profits with their flashy gadgets.

So right there you have uncovered something right! We are in a matrix, and this matrix is out there and in us, and it is managed and carried on via myths--stories they tell us and make us believe ourselves.

Here's an example of their religious matrix, eg Christianity: You born a sinner. nature is fallen. You MUST believe In Jesus Christ. if you dont you will go to everlasting hell.

So that is all designed to split you from your own very being and from nature. With me?

Now let's look at the secular myth. In this myth 'Science' has supposedly down away with all the religious superstitions, of God, and 'spirit' and dogma. So what myth replaces that (which they call 'reality')?
The myth is that you are a machine, that animals are machines, and that nature is mechanical. That there is no real meaning to life, and that means you must grab what you can because your a long time dead. There is no spirit, and IF you are not happy with this and cannot sope for whatever reason then this means your chemicals are unbalanced and you need their drugs to treat you, and hopefully make you efficint like a machine and ready to be productive and provide money/taxes for their military industrial complex and other evil shit they are killing and polluting Planet Earth with.

So do you see. begining to see through this matrix is the UN-dulling of your bodymind. Yes, of course psychedelics are a sacred medicine that can help us see through it, and give insights, and this is my experience. But it is not wise to RELY on them. it is better to deeply respect them, and in between them to be exploring these insights, and also making beautiful music.

I remember on about my second LSD trip many years ago when I was 15. I was watching several fellow trippers playing guitars, and I saw magical dancing deeply bright coloured sparks or orbs flying off the strings as they played. I was both feeling and seeing music.

Please understand that the matrix which is based in the patriarchy tries to make out nature and your body and your essen ce is not magical, is not sacred. By saying that I do not mean we can become like Neo in the film The Matrix. That is shite. No, I mean that natural life is magical, is AMAZING!

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008

It is GREAT to know your learning the guitar. So am I. What kind of music or musics do you like?

Regarding what your exploring. I sense you are wanting the feelings you have when on psychedcelics to last? Let me ask you, I am sure you have had a sexual orgasm? Would you expect that to last? Or is the beauty of it that it is a climax, and that the reason it is so special is because we don't experience it all the time, because if we did it would be mono-experience wouldn't it? We wouldn't have anything to compare that experience with another. Imagine being happy ALL the time, or sad ALL the time. Does that make sense, or is life contrasts.

When you look at a scene in nature you don't see just a flat colour or light, it is various contrasts, shapes, sounds, touch, etc, and this is what gives experience diversity.

So what am I saying? OK all I can tell you is what I do. I have had psychedelic experiences. I advise you don't take TOO many too close to each other. I am not saying stop, but encouraging you to not take abuse them/and you, and use them as some kind of crutch to boost what you seem to consider dull sober experience. RATHER I advise you understand that the dullness you may feel is more the indoctrination of the culture. it is what school does to us, and playing video games, and mass media, and so-called religion, philosophy, and scientism-indoctrination etc.

Let me tell you a little what I know about vid games. I personally have never been into them, but have been interested in what they do to kids, and adults, heads. I found that the makers of these things have studied animal experiments (doing 'experiments' on incarcerated defenseless animals shows you how devoid of feeling the 'scientific' mindset is also) where the animal is given a stimulus and this makes them wanting more and more and more etc. They use this EXACT Behaviorist psychological technique with children and adults, and this is one of the big reasons why these games becomes so addictive! This is how cunning and ruthless these people are. They have no morality. or empathy. They don't give a shit about others but just want to make profits with their flashy gadgets.

So right there you have uncovered something right! We are in a matrix, and this matrix is out there and in us, and it is managed and carried on via myths--stories they tell us and make us believe ourselves.

Here's an example of their religious matrix, eg Christianity: You born a sinner. nature is fallen. You MUST believe In Jesus Christ. if you don't you will go to everlasting hell.

So that is all designed to split you from your own very being and from nature. With me? Through making you fear yourself, your body, and sensuality, and individual nature, and Nature, and this is intended to make you cling to their author~ity. To their Book/Word/Law.

Now let's look at the secular myth of the so-called modern world. In this myth 'Science' has supposedly done away with all the religious superstitions, of God, angels, and 'spirit' and dogma. So what myth replaces that (which they call 'reality')?
The myth is that you are a machine, that animals are machines, and that nature is mechanical. That there is no real meaning to life, and that means you must grab what you can because your a long time dead. There is no spirit, and IF you are not happy with this and cannot cope for whatever reason then this means your chemicals are unbalanced. are 'mentally ill' and you need their drugs to treat you, and hopefully this 'treatment' will make you efficient (that very term is a word which describes a machine) like a machine and ready to be productive and provide money/taxes for their military industrial complex , and be a good little consumer buying crap you don't need because you life is so fukin dull.

Begining to see through this matrix is the UN-dulling of your bodymind. Yes, of course psychedelics are a sacred medicine that can help us see through it, and give insights, and this is my experience. But it is not wise to RELY on them. it is better to deeply respect them, and in between Trips to be exploring these insights, and also making beautiful music.

I remember on about my second LSD trip many years ago when I was 15. I was watching several fellow trippers playing guitars, and I saw magical dancing deeply bright coloured sparks or orbs flying off the strings as they played. I was both feeling and seeing music.

Please understand that the matrix which is based in the patriarchal worldview tries to make out nature and your body and your essence is not magical, is not sacred. By saying that I do not mean that seeing through it we can become like Neo in the film The Matrix. That is shite. No, I mean that natural life is magical, is AMAZING!

The Matrix was disinformation. Disinfo is when you get fed real info but it is mixed up with propaganda. In that film's case, yes it is true that may people are in a matrix, but when Neo is given the blue pill and sees through it he becomes like a 'superman', and it s that idea of the superman which is the myth of the elite. Ie., checkout what the Nazi's dream was? They believed they could be 'ubermensch' which means literally 'superman'--that is 'over-nature'. And when you look into the elite agenda you find that they are promoting 'transhumanism' which is really more of their mechanization of us for their own purposes. IE for themselves they want to be gods, but for their slaves, us, they want us 'upgraded' to be more efficient robots for their purposes.

WHY does life seem dull. Well for one they try and impose a way of life on everyone. Either work or end up in a hideous violent neighborhood with frontline victims of their shitty system, or become homeless, and die. Their entertainment is dull mostly. A million digital channels full of crap. They want every one staring at a screen constantly mesmerized by the gimmicky apps and whatnot, and playing vid games. Any looking AWAY from the screen is becoming more and more radical to do!

HUMOUR. One of the things that happens to me when I trip is I begin to giggle and laugh. Do NOT underestimate this, because what this is doing is in seeing through the falseness of this culture it is surreal funny. Notice how their schools, and their 'serious' frown beating dull crap masquearading as seriousness doesn't allow giggling. When I went to school and the teachers were allowed to assault the kids, I was a natural giggler, and I was attacked several times by teachers for doing so!

So this laughing is a BIG insight when tripping so don't suppress it, and encourage it in day to day life. Dont force it, but also don't suppress it when it comes. It sees through phony shit, and a huge part of the matrix is po-faced phony shit.

But giggling and laughing is also a huge part of the ecstasy of seeing the magical spiritual aspect of nature in all its wonders, and being aware of synchronities which are like cosmic jokes etc etc. So encouraging that all the time is what I do. it is very sensual.

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it. But still, this doesn't give me any 'practical' ideas on how I could achieve my goal. No matter, I will have to try to figure that out myself then.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Life is not a computer game and no one has a manual or walk through for it, What is right for you will not be right for everyone.

With knowledge comes power but with power comes responsibility and temptation, The path you wish to walk will take much discipline.

Good moral fibre, Good mental energy and positvity, Empathy, A very small amount of sympathy, Endurance and Stamina, The ability to forgive, The ability to forget, The ability to teach and the ability to never forget how to keep learning are most deffinately vital!

What exactly do you wish to achieve from the enhancement you seek?

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I discovered sports, specifically climbing, to be very beneficial for my state of mind :) helps to get a clear mind. just giving my body the feeling that I'm not trying to starve its muscles :lol:
try one of those vipassana courses, I took one and it was like an lsd trip diluted onto 10 days. it was amazingly beautiful after 10 days of no communication to again speak with people and look in their eyes. what shining bright eyes!

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
'practical' ideas

stay moving. even when one goes through periods of unmotivation, sometimes all it takes is getting out there and doing it, chipping away at it, however small the progress seems to be. a small amount of momentum is all that is needed to start an avalanche.

for me personally, my passion is exercise (health) and healing. i find peace in staying active and constantly absorbing new material. the more i read, the more i train, and the more time i spend out and about, hiking, climbing, skateboarding, being social, etc., the better i feel. at the same time if i am lazy from time to time i can enjoy it, because it is well deserved. my definition of being lazy now is often peoples idea of being active :lol:

learning is all about being in a positive, alert mindset. and for me, that is how to be in that mindset.

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
Sports definitely is good avice. A healthy body contributes to a healthy mind, I think that's something we can all agree on. Haven't been doing my bit with physical activity, will try to get back to it soon, got a few more important things that require my attention, such as this 'Permanent Mental Enhancement' I am talking about, which I am glad not only got some attention on the forums, but also received some excellent replies from you guys, so thanks again.

Let me re-phrase my goal.
During an LSD experience, there are pros and cons, good effects and bad effects (such as looking and sounding like your tripping balls, a certain level of unstability, muscle cramps, etc.)

I am looking to permanently merge the clarity, the awareness, the creativity, the 'genius' and the enlightenment factors that one experiences under the influence of LSD into my myself, into my mind. Meaning that when I am completely sober, I still retain the 'extra edge', if you would like to call it so, that one temporarily receives when under LSD or other substances (which I am currently not experimenting with). I really like my pot and my acid at the moment.

I am taking 2 hits of acid in nature with a friend or more in a couple of days, I believe I will achieve a good milestone after that trip, but I also would like YOUR personal advice and opinions on the goal I am trying to achieve, which really is mental and spiritual evolution, to what extent one can 'upgrade' their brains with the help of life experiences and the almighty LSD. Who knows, maybe some of you would like to join me on this quest :wink: maybe some of you have already completed this quest, I don't know!

Looking forward to more replies to this thread. Could really squeeze some good stuff out of this.
Kind regards,
Your friend and brother, Alex

KrispedKritter

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2011
After I started doing my trips, I had a similar feeling of "want". Then my ego vanished into smoke and flatulence, and I had what I wanted.

...needless to say, here I am again today, a new ego semi-intact. Why? Because what you're looking for is so fundamentally strange and tough to maintain, especially if you plan on being a somewhat integrated member of society (theirs', not ours').

If you really, /really/ want what you're aiming for, I'd suggest upping the dose a bit, and really delving deep into yourself and beyond. I can't question the experiences you have and have already had, but I can promise you this: there is always higher. Once past a couple of milestones, the things you called "lower" are no longer within you [immediate] reach. It's a scary thing, dude, but it also comes with the feeling of being an Almighty God.

...the archetypes that dwelve around the cosmos don't really agree with that, though. Well, they do, but then they don't. Those entities are slippery things, and so is the state that you are "looking" for.

Once you're done with the next couple of trips, I'd suggest you start meditating for real. That's the way to do it in a "comfortable" (albeit, slow...) manner, so as not to lose yourself completely in the Unconscious. That, and I would say, other hallucinogens than LSD. LSD for all its glory, but it is nothing compared to far-out voyage on psilocybin, or salvia.

There are numerous of workshops that deal with this, you know, like Goenke's (there was a post on the forum from one of our friends here about that, you should read that one) meditation refuge. One of those is, I think, a better way to go about getting closer to what you want, than what you might think.

I'd read some more, too. Read up on history and the people behind it; read some of Leary's texts, Kesey's, Lilly's, McKenna, Grof, Ram Dass. Listen to more psychedelic music (if you're using Spotify, I can give you some playlists).

Keep asking yourself questions, but don't necessarily answer them (because, honestly, can you?). Discuss with your friends (and us), but most importantly, never cease to experience the immediate moment. That's where it's at, that which you are looking for.

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
KrispedKritter a dit:
Once past a couple of milestones, the things you called "lower" are no longer within you [immediate] reach. It's a scary thing, dude, but it also comes with the feeling of being an Almighty God.

...the archetypes that dwelve around the cosmos don't really agree with that, though. Well, they do, but then they don't. Those entities are slippery things, and so is the state that you are "looking" for.
Thanks again for your generous attention and advice bro. I will create a spotify account, will PM you my details. I'm all about sharing music, especially if its with someone who loves Hendrix :wink:

Will check out at least some of the material you suggested that I look up, for sure, but could I please ask you to maybe go into more depth on the descriptive side of what I quoted from you, as its not something I have experienced or have much knowledge on, but its like I can sort of see what you're saying, but it's way too cloudy. I know that after a certain point, there is no going back. But I am on a mission, this life isn't going to count for nothing. If certain personal sacrifices are necessary, which they are, then I am willing to do what is necessary.

Thanks man

Edit: Can only create spotify with facebook. I deleted myself off facebook (or at least my profile isn't public anymore).

KrispedKritter

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2011
Oh, that sucks. I still haven't connected my old account with facebook; have been declining for the past months ...

Irunno what to say, I was kind of spacing out there, now that I think about it (and NOW, I'm not sober; I was then [happy 420, eh?]).

What it boils down to is Jungian archetypes, really. McKenna brings it up, and so do a whole other spectra of intellectuals. I've taken to the whole thing first-handed, having read first after experienced. It surprised me to what extent "I" had come to the same conclusions (observations...) of certain things like Jung, such as archetypes, synchronicities...

I'd rather not say too much of it, myself. The whole thing is on a rather ... shamanic level of things. You should Experience it yourself, and I'm sure you already have, but maybe you didn't notice all (heh...) spectras about it.

...here, let me play it for you, instead:

Ps: oh, and:

same coin, flipsides, and the rest is inbetween (
).

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
Thanks man. I will post here if I come across anything useful regarding the expansion of the mind.

KrispedKritter

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2011
I'll be less of an arse and tell you some more lies when I'm more soberminded =)

KingLordMaster

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Mar 2012
ophiuchus a dit:
@"muscle cramps"

you eat too much sodium if you are having cramps.

permanent mental enhancement is permanent physical enhancement. one can't do one without doing the other. you'll learn sooner or later.
Thanks, that's really good advice. :eek:
On what food and drink do you find excessive ammounts of sodium?
Its mainly in salt, isn't it?

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
yes, but only about 1/3 of an average persons sodium comes from table salt (sodium chloride) however, there are many other forms. sodium nitrate, sodium nitrite, sodium bicarbonate, there is a long list. but essentially, if one can steer clear of already-prepared or processed foods like: soup, cheese, bacon, lunch meats (cold cuts), pre-made foods/dinners, etc. then ones sodium intake becomes infinitely easier to moderate. also, upping ones potassium levels can help counterbalance the cramping effect. look up naturally potassium rich foods for some good ideas. hope that helps :)