Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Help ol' Tiax : Any bass player around here?

G

Invité
Hey everyone.

I'm going to have some free time during the next year, so I though I might give bass guitar a go.

I was wondering if someone could provide me with informations concerning a good, newbie model.

I'm definately willing to spend a bit more cash in order to get good stuff. I'm obviously not going for a Rickenbacker, but I'd like to avoid buying the cheapest, worst piece of shit I can find. If I can get a good, begginer's bass for a few hundred extra bucks, then so be it.

My budget can go up to 1800 $ and I won't need an amplifier, so I guess I'm already covering most of the beginner's bass available (note that this doesn't mean I WANT to spend all the 1800$, if I can find something good for half this price, all the better!).

If notable differences concerning the sound from one model to another are already notable even in this low-price range, then I'd like to point out that I'd like a rich, phat & round sound, as I mostly intend to play for myself and try to get freaky/trippy sounds from the bass. Maybe something that sounds nice with lots of reverb (or delay, who knows).

Oh well, here am I, already getting ahead of myself.

Thanks for your help.

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Tiax- I was a musician 20 + years ago. I originally liked the guitar, and taught my younger brother. He turned out to be so much better than me that I moved to bass, I though that bass players didnt do very much, but it opened my eyes, and the 2 years that I played were great.

I had an Ibanez bass, it was some bizarre model, headless like a Steinberger, with active pickups (meaning they had a pre-amp in them which made for some KILLER tones). The workmanship of the instrument was fantastic.

Ibanez was what I liked, my bro the guitar player liked Kramer and Fender. He'd scallop the fretboard all the way up, so there was no wood under his fingers at all.

Sometimes I miss those days

G

Invité
Actually, the Ibanez GSR200 is on top of my possible choices ATM, althought I'd like to look for alternatives. Maybe something a bit better for 2-3 hundreds extra bucks.

Good to know that mighty spice likes Ibanez, conforts me in my choice.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
childrens_winning_artwork_largemouth_bass_card-p137329975627509118q0yk_400.jpg

sorry

G

Invité
Could work, just need a few strings.

I even have an idea where to plug the cable.

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
Ibanez Sound Gear. Get the starter pack if you have never played before. Not terrible for noobs and as you have no ear yet the shitty quality of the amp won't hinder your practice. Pay no more than 200.

If you feel like stepping up after this summer - Switch to a fender model bass. Their jazz basses are a force to be reckoned with and are very versitle. Amp-wise I would suggest AMPEG. Music goes well with drugs too, btw. Enjoy expressing yourself.