Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

heal the body with the mind?

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i would suggest, we can all heal our bodies with our minds. because we can probably heal the body with the mind, just like we can make the body sick with it. what you think??? do you think more healthy than sick thoughts??? hmm no, that's probably not the best way to say that.

also i think an interesting analogy is food. we can eat ourselves healthy or sick in some way...and it seems to work in a similar fashion with thoughts...

peace

daleking

Banni
Inscrit
14 Fev 2012
All the diseases are basically related to mind. Our mind controls our body and meditation is the best way to control our mind. Meditation as a practice is an effort to stop the mind from its natural tendency to weave thoughts. In the practice of meditation, you try to relax and then try to focus your mind on a divine form, a sacred sound or a word or phrase as mantra, or you focus on your physical body, breath or thoughts.

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
Majority of the illnesses present in our body are psychosomatic, i.e. they have physical symptoms but emerge from mental problems. I truly believe you can heal your body by healing your mind with practices like exercise, yoga, meditation, living in the present moment, programming your subconscious mind. I have manifested several improvements in my mind and body myself with the help of these practices.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i believe many if not all disease is directly related to nutrition, which i believe is also directly related to emotion. more of the true nature of this connection is still being unveiled to me, so i cannot conclude much beyond this.

GuyGeorge

Inscrit
28 Avr 2008
I think that a great part of illness is psychosomatic and meditation and other practices that quiet the mind can be great, but you certainly can't heal all with you're mind (like kill virus infection with you're mind etc ... )

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
well, not strictly with ones mind. but it has been demonstrated that negative emotional states compromise ones bodily functions, most notably in that they hamper the immune system. basically: negative stress-> longer illness/more prone to illness.

toogoodforyou

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Juin 2008
Bijord a dit:
I think that a great part of illness is psychosomatic and meditation and other practices that quiet the mind can be great, but you certainly can't heal all with you're mind (like kill virus infection with you're mind etc ... )

Sure, everything cannot be healed by the mind alone, but you can always use those techniques as a supplement to your medicines. I'm sure a person would heal faster with medicines and meditation/mindfulness than with medicines alone. Plus the effects would last for a longer time

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
Doesn't meditation release cancer fighting cells already?

GuyGeorge

Inscrit
28 Avr 2008
I don't know but I saw that fasting may have a great impact on cancer cells!

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i think a lot of shit is propaganda so they can keep the profit for i.e. the pharma industry running... and that is one of the things that disgust me most... people that benefit from others' suffering and hence are even interested in letting them suffer more...

well but basically i am also convinced that at some point scientists will have to admit that they had been ignorant.
i think it can be an interesting idea to heal yourself with your mind in the sense that it's related to introspection and self-understanding, because it could be that you created the disease for a reason and when you understand yourself like that in a holistic sense like for example not so much see yourself as separate from the world, something like that or even yourself then maybe this can create the possibility for healing.. because the current understanding that we are only sort of random, meaningless fragments of the world isn't totally satisfactory to me... there is also deeper understanding and i would suggest to simply do what feels right and natural to you and learn to listen to the inner feeling and be honest to yourself.

well i don't mean it in a sense that it has to become very abstract or something like that... i guess i mean more something like simply feel yourself and your body more...or like your natural self or so..hope you get my point lol... because i am sure even that and well especially that can be healing... the simple loving attention that you give your body or your mind can do wonders.:):mrgreen:
so maybe it could be said that you may heal your body with your mind but also of course without your mind if that makes sense, because i think the mind can often create blockages especially regarding the natural feeling of the body. so it could possibly be that the more appropriate way in most cases would be to say "to heal the body without the mind" lol, but yeah i suppose the mind can also be and become a healing tool when used properly or something like that. i dunno i just hope you can maybe understand a little bit what i mean. :p

peace

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
I wonder if energy is sick of humans yet or if were just energy's entertainment >.>

N

ninakpoole

Invité
hello

According to me the diseases are basically due to our stomack,but mind plays very important role as its controls our body. So meditation is the best way to control our mind. because of this meditation our brain will be active and can control our other parts of body.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well i think carl sagan said something like "we are the way of the cosmos to know itself" so maybe in that sense we are indeed there for our own entertainment basically in some sense because we are energy that can observe itself... and god is watching all of us, too...

yeah i think also that there is something like a body-mind... as if the body can think too or we can think with the whole body, too... but maybe until we can see ourselves as whole persons possibly this isn't always positive...?? i don't really know lol...
meditation is for sure a good way to become aware and control the mind instead of the mind controlling you. moreover the brain is surely something like the basic operator of the body (or the heart???) and maybe all the organs could be seen as little brains or something analogue to that concept or so. not sure about that though... :) no it's probably really something different...
however what i am rather sure of is that the body consists of a huge amount of cells and maybe even cells can in some sense think and hence be like the mind ignorant. also an interesting idea is that god could be aware of us like we are aware of all our cells in our own bodies and how we are supposedly everywhere in our whole body at the same time, too... but well i guess it's a bit speculation lol...

in my experience a lot of diseases are related to a lack of or a wrong or too unnatural or so feeling of your body and i think the stomach is obviously related especially to feeling also. so it's like a bit about how you feel and handle your inner energy or chi energy. maybe it has got to do with conditioning of the mind... that the mind can block the naturally right feeling for your own body, because you were maybe taught to think you can't feel that or feel like that. i have experienced that and it also seems rather common in society, but that doesn't make it any less awful at all... i mean yeah in some ways or sometimes it can be good to control your feeling or so, but what i am talking about is something different it's more like you could know what's going on in your body by feeling, but instead the mind intereferes and tells you something else or so and maybe then you can create blockages or so in your own chi energy... probably mostly related to fear-conditioning. like what "surely must be going on" or whatnot.. i hope you get my point lol.. :roll: :x i have also had that experience it's as if you then can get a wrong feeling for your body if that's the right way to say it, but you gradually accept it. it can be uncomfortable, but it can also be healed... maybe for example by letting the body breathe on its own so to say and only observe and focus on the breathing and like that get the natural feeling for your body back.

i think that is how or in a similar way or so how thoughts can influence the body-feeling, too... because breathing is mostly a subconscious or unconscious activity of the body for most people and maybe it's relatively logical that the subconscious mind could be connected like that in some way or sense or so.... also thoughts are in some way electrical energy and maybe another form of energy, too and if you think a certain thought associated with a certain feeling a lot it can possibly become part of the energy field or whatnot of the body. maybe in a similar way like music can be felt...no, not totally sure... the thing with music is probably the other way round... that the mind can be healed like that... please think about it for yourself.
well of course that can be good or bad... i guess the best suggestion is simply to do what feels right to you and learn to listen and to understand your feeling and heart. hmm just some ideas... :p

peace

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
Braineater - that was fucking awsome and iv never even thought about all the minds capable to live within myself. And thinking of that in a god sense is grate for me right now because I'm trying to find and accept spiritualism as something I can feel as real and believable, I currently have a religion based on d&d gods because the roll of keeping balance and I mix that with the force from star wars. But I enjoy these beliefs.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
lol alright man... well i think it's cool when you enjoy these beliefs... i have beliefs like that also and i think the force is great!! :mrgreen: the good one.. not the bad one.... :roll: a lot of people have understood all that shit soooooo wrong.... but the star wars story is in principle really cool somehow but also strange... if you ask me, the thing is it's not only about being cool, but about being nice.
hmm i would say when you go into the direction of spirituality then maybe just try to let things happen naturally... a bit sort of like how nature works.. i guess can't explain it very well now lol... anyway man... may the force be with you young padawans!!! :)

peace

drizzit

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Juil 2012
:D and also with you.

Glen222

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Oct 2012
i would suggest, we can all heal our bodies with our minds. because we can probably heal the body with the mind, just like we can make the body sick with it
I really appreciate your statement, I am agree that if our boy may become sick due to our mind then it can also become healthy through our mind perception. Its a treatment of long past history but still work in modern prospective. Much advancements have been made to this healing..