Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Growing 'shrooms... in a house... with parents??

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
I've looked a lot into the possibility of growing my own mushrooms - there was recently a HUGE (100+ lbs) seizure near where I live, so mushrooms are literally no where to be found. Apparently this guy was supplying pretty much everyone in the area.

Aside from not being able to find them anymore.. I've just always wanted to actually grow and consume a substance from the ground up, just to know that I was capable. Pot is definitely out of the question until I move out into my own place.....

...but do you think it would be possible to grow mushrooms in my own house? It's just my mom and I.. in a rather large house. There are so many different places that she would never look - I guess my biggest question would be how bad does a grow setup smell? I've only ever had dry mushrooms - so I have no idea how bad the smell could get - if I was to say grow them in my closet or somewhere where she might walk passed.

Would it smell bad enough to fill my whole house up or what?

Also, I plan on growing at a maximum like 1oz DRIED, maybe less.. it would just be for personal and possibly a couple lucky friends of mine if things work out.

So does anyone know of any REALLY small-scale grow setups that I could fit pretty much anywhere? I've read through lots of teks and have a general idea of how to grow mushrooms from start to finish, but not so much as how to actually set things up.

I work at a hardware/nursery store, so I have access to pretty much everything I would need except from the spores, which can be legally mailed to the USA, right?

This will be my first time attempting at growing anything... so I'm looking for whatever help I can get. Mostly I need help figuring out how to build my setup, I could probably follow a tek pretty easily once I have everything built, but I don't know where to start.

Also, my mom is pretty open-minded. I don't lie to her and I've told her of my experiences with different substances. Perhaps not everything, but the other day when I left the room (it was my mom, a friend and I) my friend later told me that she said something along the lines of me liking "LSD." I quote that just because I think it's funny that she said LSD instead of acid or cid or something.

But anyways, if she WAS to find this grow-op I think I could handle things, she wouldn't get too upset... lol.

My intentions, though, would be for her to definitely not find it, though. So how bad would it smell?>

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Be more discreet, for your own sake.

Spores

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Sept 2008
Well, as far as smell goes, if you don't let em rot or you don't get any contams, the smell won't be as bad.
And since you might want to check day and night how they are, things won't get out of hand smell wise.

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Get a grow kit to start off with , they arent to big and you dont produce comercial amounts .

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
What about an outdoor patch? Do you have a big garden?

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
kron420 a dit:
I think it's funny that she said LSD instead of acid or cid or something.
why?

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Succes!

I don't think they'll really smell. But keep a window open anyway. I never grew them, but I only had fresh mushrooms and they don't have a strong scent.

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
thanks for the quick responses fellas..

can anyone vouch for a real nice, relatively small-scale grow kit? i've looked around at a few, but they mostly have really bad feedback... things like being built out of used materials and other basically just shitty stuff.

outdoor growing is out of the question in my neighborhood. people like to get real fucking nosey around here, and based on my yard setup it just couldn't work. no large garden area or anything fenced in and out of site.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Build one 8)

step 1. get spores, prefer syringes.
step 2. buy a dozen half-pint canning jars with lids.
step 3. drill 4 holes equidistant around the rim of each lid.
step 4. buy some brown rice and grind it into flour using a coffee grinder, blender, etc, OR Buy some brown rice flour from your local supermarket.
step 5. buy a bag of vermiculite at garden store. [note:there are very few good substitutes]
step 6. buy a bottle of spring water at grocery store. [note: any water, even tap, can be used, in a pinch.]
step 7. get a large mixing bowl and put 1/2 cup of vermiculite in the bottom, level out.
step 8. cover the vermiculite with 1/4 cup of the ground rice flour evenly.
step 9. sprinkle on 1/4 cup of spring water.
step 10. mix well.
step 11. load mixture into a jar, until level with the bottom of the lid's threads, discarding/recycling excess.
step 12. carefully clean the rim of jar of any material.
step 13. fill jar rest of way to rim with plain, dry vermiculite.
step 14. screw on lid, and cover holes/lid with aluminum foil.
step 15. repeat until you have all jars filled.
step 16. place jars into a large pot, add enough water to reach 1/3 up the jars' sides, cover with lid, and boil/steam 45 minutes.
step 17. remove from heat and cool to room temperature.[note: overnight is safest]
step 18. inject 1 cc. from the spore syringe into each jar, splitting it evenly between the 4 holes.
step 19. keep in warm, clean area for 2 weeks, or until the jar is completely covered with white growth.
step 20. expose to light several minutes a day until you see little shroom-like growths called pins.
step 21. buy some perlite at garden store.
step 22. buy rubbermaid storage bin, with lid, large enough to hold your 'cakes' at walmart, etc.
step 23. thoroughly moisten the perlite, but drain off excess water.
step 24. place enough perlite in the rubbermaid to cover the floor at least 1 inch, level.
step 25. remove cakes from jars and place on foil then sit foil on perlite.
step 26. put on the rubbermaid's lid.
step 27. keep container warm and exposed to light.
step 28. air out container at least once daily, misting the sides of container with water after opening it.
step 29. pick shrooms when caps flatten and the veil under the cap tears.
step 30. dry them if you want, or eat them fresh.

Remember to keep conditions extremely clean to avoid contamanation.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
here are all the supplies and teks you'll need for growing and extracting (if you decide to extract the psilo from the mush) you also dont have to buy from here but you can at least learn to expect the types of things you'll need to buy.. also, idk about smell TRUELY cause i've never grown them, but since they must be kept airtight, i would imagine no smell...

http://mycotopia.net/ (all the tek)

http://www.mycrotopia.com/catalog/catalog.php (all supplies, no spores though i think...)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
JFC . How the fuck can he keep that secret ? A simple grow kit is his best bet , at least untill his mom goes on holiday for a few days .

kron420

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Août 2008
thank you for the step by steps!! again , i work @ a hardware/nursery store so i can get all of these supplies discount :D

im just going to build a really small-scale grow box and keep the moisture up spraying it like u said instead of something more complicated.

how much DRY weight can i assume ill get from 1 (pint?) jar? ill probably build a box to fit 2 of these. i have a pot that i could easily sterilize 2 jars in at the same time. this is starting to seem much easier.

so it takes about 2 weeks after inoculation for the jars to completely fill with mycelium, then a few more days in sunlight for them to start to pin... and then how long can i except it to take the actual shrooms to grow in the box?

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
pffff.....

Easy mate, Im sure his mother goes out the house for a couple of hours. He also says he has places to hide it. Cheap cheerfull and its up to you how many you do.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Nice 1 mate, I dont know what to expect. I havent got round to trying it myself :D

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
Grow a sclerotia forming species like Psilocybe mexicana or the Psilocybe galindii (ATL #7) from sporeworks.

You don't have to fruit the jars to grow mushrooms. Just let the jars colonize and then sit for 1-3 months. After that you can open the jars and crumble the cakes and collect the sclerotia (kinda like truffles). They are only 70% water versus 90% for mushrooms.

They are, on average, about the same potency gram for gram as cubensis. Most people say they are about 3/4 as strong as cubensis when dried.

You can use the pf tek to grow sclerotia. Most of the time the sclerotia won't have vermiculite inside but they do tend to have verm stuck to the outside of them. Its usually best to scrub them with a stiff bristle toothbrush to remove the verm from the outside.

The best way to grow them is to inoculate jars of rye, barley, grass seed or just plain rice (white or brown).

This would be much easier for you to conceal. Simply hide the jars and you don't have to worry about hiding a grow chamber and don't have to worry about fanning and giving it light while trying to hide it.

You could easily hide 10-12 jars of sclerotia under a bed or in a closet.

To tell the honest truth I don't think you should grow in your parents' house. If you get caught by the police somehow your parents could also get dragged into it.

If you do decide to grow anything I highly suggest growing sclerotia. Its easier than growing cubes (its the same as growing cubes but you never have to birth them, cuts the work in half), and its easier to hide from your parents and anyone else. You'll probably even get a better yield growing the sclerotia than you would during your first try at growing cubes. No need to worry about humidity levels, fresh air exchange etc.

Simply do a google search for "psilocybe galindii atl #7".