Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Gnosis, but is that not what we experience on psychedelics?

MyBeautifulMind

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Avr 2008
Gnosis means knowledge. The origin is Greece, where they had those ancient, "psychedelic" places like Delphi or Eleusis. It was a knowledge of the initiates position within in the world, within nature and the cosmos, which was gained in a mystery play at Eleusis, while Delphi was a place of oracles, the priestess intoxicated by fumes from a crack in the earth beneath her seat. It is suspected, that psychedelic drugs played a role in the initiation at Eleusis too.

Voyager. Rabbit hole

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Déc 2009
I had a very similar experience. was around the same age, i did not buy shrooms that day to think about any of what happend.
since that day almost 4 years ago, i've completly changed my views. currently saving for a trip to S.america to visit a shaman for 8 sessions, follow it, don't forgot. I have many times

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well if this special gnosis is inner knowledge it's no wonder why it's greatness hasn't reached us in the way it maybe could have, as knowledge gets lost and found it changes its formulations and sometimes eventually its truth, but as it is said that the gnosis is in everyone so it doesn't matter much whether it is passed on right or not, only if the perception and perspective on the inner knowledge can be changed by that, and it can, because belief is often a frame of mind, it can be flipped over.
then the word gnosis would be describing an experience and an attitude at the same time, being shaped by the level of knowledge one has over his/her beliefs.

however i agree that any knowledge that you need to accept in order to be able to work properly in your own frame of mind often seems shady and can encourage the doubting instance in your inner "window to the world".

peace :weedman: