Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Global Warming?

Do you believe in global warming?

• YES! All evidence shows this clearly!

Votes: 0 0,0%
  • No! The more I investigate I've come to realize it's a scam!

• I have no idea...

• Nombre total d'électeurs
G

Invité
this discussion is going nowhere, it is pointless.
one says: "there is scientific evidence"
another says: "we must question everything"
you shit on my toilet, i shit in yours.
but no one really wants to flush.

....but continue, let's see what are final arguments/what this will break down into.

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Lion a dit:
earth is only dependant on herself. she'll do as she pleases. us humans can only intensify that. both negative or positive.

I don't think earth does anything or pleases anything. There are changes, of course, but there is no 'will' involved. Shit just happens. And it just happens that shit is about to hit the fan. And when shit hits the fan, you know what happens.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
daytripper a dit:
this discussion is going nowhere, it is pointless.
one says: "there is scientific evidence"
another says: "we must question everything"
you shit on my toilet, i shit in yours.
but no one really wants to flush.

....but continue, let's see what are final arguments/what this will break down into.

Where do you think discussions should go?

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Don't you agree with that?
I agree with that, but that has nothing to do with this issue.

And how come you always seem to be so angry and hostile?
No idea why I seem that way, for I'm not an angry and hostile person. Don't turn this into some kind of personal thing. Several members have commented on certain aspects of your contributions.

Don't you believe in an openhearted debate?
Irrelevant. Besides, who doesn't believe in an openhearted debate?

And don't you think this is something that everyone will benefit from?
Again, this is irrelevant. Do you understand why?

How come you seem to judge everything I do?
Not just me, several members of this forum.

I think many people would like to know that?
If they like to read this type of information every day, they should go to http://www.rense.com, http://www.davidicke.com or similar websites and related forums.

Let me repeat here that I personally don't mind posts about other types of information (9/11, climate change, vegetarianism, you name it), but it should stay within certain limits (the frequency or number of posts). Not because such topics are taboo or silly or forbidden or not interesting or not useful, but because this website is one of those rare places on the Internet where we can discuss mind-expanding drugs, which is primarily why we are here.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Forkbender a dit:
Lion a dit:
earth is only dependant on herself. she'll do as she pleases. us humans can only intensify that. both negative or positive.

I don't think earth does anything or pleases anything. There are changes, of course, but there is no 'will' involved. Shit just happens. And it just happens that shit is about to hit the fan. And when shit hits the fan, you know what happens.

she has no will indeed, but she certainly reacts on actions us humans do..
but yeah shit happens. 1-3 times a day..

G

Invité
Where do you think discussions should go?

i think discussions happen when one will eventually "give up" and agree to something. otherwise there is only crossed monologues.
what are you seeing here and in other threads ? the "this is like this and i am right". "no, no, you have seen it wrong!!"
authentic psychonaut threads, where one hints about the true nature of consciousness/human behaviour ? less and less. and users with interesting points of view ? even less. users arguing about arguing and leaving important matters aside, so they can go ahead and win a discussion ? losing time reading shitty threads in which there is nothing to read except dr.phil-like ideas ?
for that, there is TV.
i would also urge you to see if in that worthless wikipedia definition says that a psychonaut should be a psychedelic doctor that advises and prescribes drugs. you are only seeing what you want to see and nothing else. that's the problem. too many ridiculous threads, putting one against the other and too little psychonaut cooperation understanding the true nature of the mind. and when it reaches the point of saying: "X is X because it is proven by science", and arguing that with "i don't belive that X is X, because one must question everything", is completely pathetic. childish. uninteresting, and most important of all: trivial, common, and a simple, plain "regular".

RealityPortal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2007
"Let me repeat here that I personally don't mind posts about other types of information (9/11, climate change, vegetarianism, you name it), but it should stay within certain limits (the frequency or number of posts)."

Well, that s beautiful...

Not because such topics are taboo or silly or forbidden or not interesting or not useful, but because this website is one of those rare places on the Internet where we can discuss mind-expanding drugs, which is primarily why we are here.

Answer:
But what then about the perspectives that one have come across due to a lot of psychedelic adventures. I mean, isn't that the interesting thing. That we all have different views and share different perspectives. Isn't that what it is all about? Communicating.

To me it almost seems that for you there is a reality set in stone? I don't know what is reality and what is truth. But as I get older i realize that it constantly seem to change. And that many truths we all been told throuout the years have changed.

And that there are many forces benefiting from keeping people in fear.

So, I just try to explore different perspectives. Something I learned totalyy on psychedelic.

Did you ever try DMT or 5-MEO DMT?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Forkbender a dit:
It's a cold spring, al right. But that doesn't mean that global warming doesn't exist.

Actually, it if often assumed that warmth is what worries.

But in fact it doesn't matter or the average warmth on the globe rises. It's all about the temprature on the north and south pole.

Because the volume of liquid water is much more than frozen water. And frozen water, of course ice, stays compact at relatively the same place.

Liquid water gets added to the sea-level which enhances.

RealityPortal

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2007
Quote:
Don't you believe in an openhearted debate?

Irrelevant. Besides, who doesn't believe in an openhearted debate?

Quote:
And don't you think this is something that everyone will benefit from?

Again, this is irrelevant. Do you understand why?

Answer: No, I don't. Espeacially since I just voted on the frontpage poll... And... Most peole, just like me, perhaps you to had voted for "To find answers to the mysteries of life"... And since we don't really know everything, I believe in by sharing different pieces of information we all can perhaps get a bit wiser in the end.

Kindest greetings

KEvin

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
I think this topic has a point now..

That we should listen to our own feelings thats what is important.

I think we all agree on, (global warming or not) that we are fucking up this planet and thats got to stop, and that we should life in harmony with nature, couze we are nature..

So whats the problem..?

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
.... and what is the 'cure' for this ego-sickness, Dr. X ???

" Lots of acid and X an' shrooms "

The ego is like a dirty little savage, always trying some subterfuge, playing some game, trying to enforce an artifice onto an unmeasurable construct, the construct of no-construct, 'reality', 'isness', 'the square root of now'

OR WHATEVER

....anyway, back to the topic at hand, namely; global warming.....

People instinctively shy away from the theory of global warming for very real reasons, none of them all that logical....in our ADD-ridlled culture, its asking a hell of a lot to get many people to focus on anything for over sixty seconds,
much less have a high scholl chemistry lesson instilled in them * before * they can grasp the explanation given..... and that's IF their minds are open at all,
because many people, without realizing it, have accepted dogma spouted by their _________, and accepted it SO completely, so thoroughly, that they begin to hold it as a verified, proven fact.

What's the difference between 'dogma' and a 'verified, proven fact'???????

Proof.

A 'verified, proven fact' is also known as SCIENCE.

Dogma is also known as 'horseshit'.....or 'allegations'

Here are some things that are proven, scientific facts;

Carbon dioxide gas ( CO2 ) is an INSULATOR. This is a scientific property that CO2 posesses. It traps heat, in experiments, like a blanket.

Scientists have measured polar ice using huge drills, sampling core ice going to great depths, which allows them to sample ice from bygone eras, thus getting a much better idea of conditions extant on earth at that point in time, and they have discovered, and rediscovered, and then it was verified by another group of scientists, separate and independent of the first group, that the earths atmospher had less gas in it than it does now.

That is a fact.

Here's another FACT; When CO2 levels rise, it affects the oceans in negative ways, too....CO2 is soluble in water, remember, and what happens when you dissolve CO2 in water, is that it becomes ACIDIC, because something called 'carbonic acid' is created by the dissolving of the gas in the water....a really detrimental effect of this rising acidity is that coral reefs are basically stunted
and some are dying in response to this. NOW THINK- Why would the coral reefs be so sensitive to the ph of the ocean?

A biologist with any CLUE would say that it must be because their evolution did not require them to be tolerant of fluctuations, hence the conclusion; the acidity was relatively stable, for a LONNNNNG fucking time, and some factor, some wild card, ( hint: US ) began all of a sudden pumping millions upon millions of tons of it into the biosphere ( not just the atmosphere ) and did something that a lot of people don't think is possible; caused fluctuations in the ecosystem based on INDUSTRY AS A WAY OF LIFE.

There is a nasty trait that many Republicans seem to have regarding the environment, and that is they tend to treat her as they would any other woman; give me what I want bitch or I'll take it'

They are exploitative and unapologetic.

Their stock-in-trade is getting people to doubt the validity of the science by playing on peoples natural ignmorance and tendency to distrust anything they don't understand. this tendency is very strong in humanity, and it is a readily
available source of fuel for their dogma.

Back to the facts; there is enough proof for me that we are affecting the planet in other negative ways than just global warming by our oil based economy, and the dirty little, polluting, bastard redhaired stepchild of the oil industry- BIG COAL, that these effects alone are enough to seriously contemplate abandonment altogether......

The fact of the matter is that we are behaving STUPIDLY, in our boneheaded reluctance to CHANGE, dammit, and to realize that we have been exploited, will be exploited, over and again, unless we DEMAND that the people DOING these things stop.

Who is 'doing these things'?

We all are, to whatever degree, by being passive....by using cars, by behaving as cattle.

The atmosphere has a physical limitation, it is FINITE, and measurable.
Just because a person cannot LOOK at the atmosphere and tell where it starts and where 'outer space' stops, doesn't mean the atmosphere goes up to the stars, its only like 20 miles thick....it is a thin layer of gases that compose the air we breathe on earth....it is made up of many gases, in small amounts, the most significant to us being nitrogen, oxygen, and carbon dioxide.

So it should be understood that the atmosphere is basically a closed system,
like a balloon....when a gas is created in a process that involves the combustion of ANY carbon containing fuel ( and that means all fuels, basically ) carbon dioxide is created as the liquid fuel IS TRANSFORMED INTO A GAS.....

Carbon dioxide is invisible, but that doesn't mean it doesn't posess mass.

One mole of ANY gas takes up 22.4 liters of volume at 75 degrees and 1 atm pressure....a mole of carbon dioxide gas is 44 grams.....that means 44 g of CO2
takes up 11 2 Liter bottles of space.....your car makes that much gas every second its running....

Wheres all that stuff going?

Into the oceans, where I told you....into our atmosphere, insulating the earth and warming it.

You know, the concept of insulating an area is pretty well understood, hence the term 'greenhouse effect'.....think about it...where's the carbon dioxide going?

There is a LOT of proof of detrimental effects we are having with our industry-is-king-let's get-on-our-kneees and suckit attitude.

The real question is;

Will we be able to ask for forgiveness to the children growing up now?

We can't say 'noone told us'.....thats BS, everyone is screaming it to the rooftops.

Cattle.

Shake

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Mar 2008
I agree with spice.

Here is something that we all need to see. It addresses the topic at hand.

'We didn't listen'

Shake

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Mar 2008
It is funny that alot of people dont see a problem with thier own eyes, and so the are quick to scream its a scam. THERE IS PROOF OF GLOBAL WARMING

* CO2 and other greenhouse gasses act as a kind of planetary thermostat, and our current CO2 level is higher than at any time at least the last 400,000 years—and rising. This means that the Earth's planetary thermostat is stuck in the "on" position. Given these facts, we'd expect temperatures on Earth to be rising, and this is precisely what is happening now. And that is what global warming is all about.

* Over the past 100 years, the average temperature on Earth has risen by over a full degree Fahrenheit. 1 degree might not sound like much but keep in mind the Earth's average temperature had been 57 degrees. If your body temperature was raised by the same proportion, you would have a temperature of over 100 degrees. The Earth is sick with a fever.

* Science tells us that global warming is very real and is getting worse:

* The 1980's were the hottest decade on record...until the 1990's.

* The 1990's were the warmest decade in at least 1,000 years.

* 2003 was the 2nd hottest year ever recorded.

* The five hottest years on record all have occurred since 1997, and the 10 hottest since 1990.

* The planet is now warming faster than at any time in the last 10,000 years....and the rate of change is accelerating.

These points are just the tip of the evidence that has been proven. For anyone who would like to learn a bit more about it go to this site.

http://www.onthebrink.org/evidenceris.html

Buffachino, you especially should be worried about global warming.. Or did you forget that OUR home country AUSTRALIA is facing the worst drought it has ever seen. AND THE HOLE IN THE OZONE IS ABOVE US.

MindAstronaut

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
10 Juin 2006
I heart, saw something not claiming it, about the planets around our sun became warmer over the years, so that it wasnt only earth thats heating up.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
Whatever is going to happen i'm not sure, is there scientific prove of global warming I guess. But for the people like me, with limited knowledge of chemistry&biology, there's this. We are exploiting this earth, since like hundred years ago, and everyday we use/abuse more and more. Our population has doubled in the past century, which means that what first took us more than two-thousand years, was done in a century.

Nature is all about balance, harmony, how the fuck can there be balance/or harmony when we are extremely overpopulating this earth? Also it's about giving and taking, symbiosis as they called it in biology. But we, we are solely taking(perhaps giving back a tiny bit), and a fuckin' lot too. Since us monkeys started talking, and creating things that would aid us in getting lazy, we were on a slippery slope. And for a reasonable amount of time it went pretty well, but now, we are overdoing it. Extremely overdoing it.

Do you need evidence to believe that this way of life is destructive or is our way of life the evidence itself? People need to start thinking more about important things like this.

But then you have the ultimate ignorants out there, who say yeah but evolution works like this: it constantly reforms itself into better versions. So nature will have an answer to this problem. Just like we evolved into supermonkeys.

There's just one problem, when we evolved into 'supermonkeys' we were given free-will to base our lives on, instead of instinct like other animals. This free-will entails the responsibillity of making good choices, like cutting back on CO2. We consciously aid nature in maintaining it's balance and it's condition, but we grew unaware of that, causing us to abandon nature. And solely act in favor of humanity.

I do not know if it'll be global warming or a new ice age, I know somewhere along the way we will get confronted with our malicious parasitic myopic, astrayed behaviour.

Peace.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Thats JUNK SCIENCE, it is a diversionary tactic ( a favorite among Republicans and others who cannot deflect the main thrust with a valid argument ) and it is tied in with the whole 'sunspot theory'.

It is a puny defense.

Let's assume they're correct....who's to say we aren't making it happen FASTER.
The sciencesays we are CAUSING IT, AS WELL AS ACCELERATING IT.

The result is still the same, the planet is being wounded by exploitative greedy bastards who have no sense of shame or of accountability.

IF WE DO NOT CHANGE WE.....WILL.....DIE

How much clearer must it become?

VerusD- posting at the same time, I guess....what I just posted was for what Mind Astrnaut wrote...

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
If only there was some life form that would use our CO2 and re-enter it in the circle of life...

Oh wait, they exist! But we cut them down for paper or to convert them into even more energy and CO2 :roll:

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Meduzz a dit:
If only there was some life form that would use our CO2 and re-enter it in the circle of life...

Oh wait, they exist! But we cut them down for paper or to convert them into even more energy and CO2 :roll:

While its actually a fact that if you grow one field of cannabis to produce paper, you can leave four fields of trees the fuck alone, on a yearly basis.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Precisely.

Hemp would help a lot in these endeavors.....but those same people I am ranting about DECIDED FOR ALL HUMANITY that it wasn't what we were going to use for paper.

Jack Herer lays it all out in 'The Emperor Has No Clothes'....International Paper lobbyed the powers that be in the 30's with a lot of money and perks to consolidate their stranglehold on the market.

It's easy to see whose fault all this is, but the cattle must take action...