Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Gender and psychedelic culture.

L

Larry_Golade

Invité
Funny, we have a similar thread in the French section of the forum.

Now I never really considered myself part of any so-called 'psychedelic culture', but it seems quite far-fetched to assume good ol' patriarchy would affect it to a large extent. I think many sub-cultures are becoming quite egalitarian in that respect.

And if most renowned figures in the psychedelic community are guys... Well many of these figures date back to an era spanning from the late 60's to the early 90's, and no matter how mind-expanding our psychotropic friends may be, old habits die hard. But gender equality makes more sense to the newer generation of psychedelics users ("Generation Y" in general actually), and now it's up to women to change the status quo. But not-too-bright feminists seem to mistake their right to have something to say (again, who in the Western world in 2014 actually denies that right to them?) with the idea that being a woman makes all that they say indispensable. Some people really lack individuality.

Finarfin

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Juil 2013
Another podcast on this topic psychedelic salon 410.

In the past i have attended psychonaut forum meetings for the dutch members of psychonaut. These meetings where a real saucisse fest i do not remember that there where females at this meetings. My wife was also at the meeting, but she is not a psychonaut.

Hiperballls

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Sept 2014
ahhh Feminists and hardcore left are spouting this about just everything,"lack of females here,lack of females there..yadda yadda..", I believe Psychonautic and cannabis culture are very welcoming to females or LGBTs for that matter,but if they don't want to join and work to make influence in these circles, it's their choice. You know, nothing in world, especialy in capitalism is given to you on a silver plate, like some of more vocal and not the best representations of feminists and heavy welfare state supporters want it to be.

MasterOwel

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Sept 2014
From examples around where I am, psychedelic culture is pretty evenly distributed.

I know just as many females who are into it as I do males. I believe other places could be more male dominated simply because it is cliche and females getting into these things appear to be taboo, this is opinionated though and based on nearly no facts (short of social conditioning).

entheogenresearcher

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Déc 2014
Or to say it with Monty Python: are there any women here?

I get the impression that almost everybody - with one likely exception - that I have been talking to here are guys. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) Assuming this is right: why are men so much more interested in exploring the inside of their heads than women are?

(I ask this as a part of my ongoing research on entheogens in spiritual practice. Replies can be quoted in my upcoming research paper. See entheogenstudy.org if you are interested in being more broadly interviewed about your entheogen practice.)

Abej^a G.

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Fev 2013
My friend, I know you are doing a searching, but here you are an user like all of us, use the search button please (..three posts and three displacement!) -and so maybe your answer is also here ^^