Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

future of drugs?

viljo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
20 Fev 2009
what is the future, for drugs?
will the next generations understand the mind better and create a whole new experience using totally new chemicals?
will the drugs of today, one day be no longer desired?
will technology replace chemicals in the future?

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
If we keep prohibiting stuff, chances are that future drugs will be more harmful and more addictive.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
"future of drugs?"

The same as now , they arent going to have a long future because they are going to get taken..........

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Im just looking forward to some wicked drug that I can use with no harm.

Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD, Ayahuasca, Marijuana, and many other natural drugs don't cause any harm. Only the legal drugs such as cigarettes and alcohol are bad for the body.

peace & love

Remedy

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
21 Avr 2009
My personal prediction (mind you I don't have solid facts to back it) is synthetic emotion.

I think that the future of drugs and the pharmaceutical industry will be synthesizing human emotion into a pill, syringe, gas or whatever method they deem the most effective for whatever use they they conjure up.

One could possibly argue that the beginning of this has already started to show in that Ecstasy is sometimes referred to as the "love drug".

Possible applications would be PTSD, Depression, Mania, Crowd Control, Religion...basically everything considering that nearly every social problem could be traced back to an emotion and so an equally powerful opposite could be employed to neutralize it. Not to mention the most spectacular moments in a persons life could be, in theory, replicated. Although I'm sure this could also lead to abuse issues, I'm sure it will be no different than the difference between recreational users and those who become dependent with the drugs we have now.

then again... I could just be talking out my ass.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
user_1919 a dit:

Psilocybin Mushrooms, LSD, Ayahuasca, Marijuana, and many other natural drugs don't cause any harm. Only the legal drugs such as cigarettes and alcohol are bad for the body.

peace & love

Really :D Where talking about future drugs, not antic :D

G

Invité
user_1919 a dit:
Only the legal drugs such as cigarettes and alcohol are bad for the body.

I'm sorry but this is plain wrong, cocaine isn't good for your body, and it's illegal in most countries.

lucky_lab_rat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Avr 2009
user_1919 a dit:

peace & love

:shock:
Not true - any material you combust and inhale is harmful to the lungs and cardio vascular system, ALL drugs cause some damage in one form or another.
However- I would agree alcohol and tobacco are MORE harmful then the particular drugs referenced

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
The mind cannot be understood, it's merely possible to define it subjectively. And the future world will be made out of subjective minds.

Getafix

Banni
Inscrit
18 Avr 2009
"The life on this planet and the chemical diversity that it represents is likely to be the only source of biologically evolved compounds until the day that we discover another planet as teeming with life as our own. Yet we are destroying the living diversity of our world at an appalling rate. This must be stopped, not only through the preservation of ecosystems but also through the preservation of information about those ecosystems that has been accumulated over thousands of years by the people who live adjacent to them. It is impossible to underestimate the importance for human health of preservation of folk knowledge concerning healing plants. All the major healing drugs that have changed history have come from living plants and fungi. Quinine made conquest of the tropics possible, penicillin and birth control pills remade the social fabric of the twentieth century. All three of these are plant-derived pharmaceuticals."

~ Terence McKenna - Plan, Plant, Planet

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I believe far in the future there will be recreational drug stores much like some smoke shops now where designer drugs are made for trips, some are made for remedies, some are made for cures etc...

I can see a combination of the potency of DMT + the euphoria of Extacy in a combination manner...

I can see the possibility for a drug that induces comfort, much like the coming down of some psychadelics - as well as enhanced neurotransmitters like some amphetamines...

There is really no end, since the brain is so complex in its structure and its flexibility to react and still be relatively 'healthy' with different compounds.

Eventually you will take "the blue pill" to go in, and "the red pill" to come out of whatever you want.

I once heard of a very odd CIA story:
A man was for whatever reason accidentally given an experimental CIA-research drug. "It was like the entire world switched 60° to my clockwise orientation, and it didn't go away - I was attempting suicide when finally I brought it up to a fellow employee, I was directed to the correct 'doctor' and after taking a pill it went away forever... like nothing had happened"

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Can we please get away from crap about drugs causing damage ? What drugs ? and what damage ? Smokeing things isnt good for you and abuseing things isnt good either but the drugs themselves ? The only ones that are harmfull that i can think of at the moment are tobaco and alcohol .

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Concentrated extracts such as Cocaine are instantly harmfull to the body as cement is used to create it and is irratant especially in warm, moist areas such as ones nostrels :lol:

Cocoa leaves brewed in a tea or chewed however, Are not damaging as long as they are not abused I would imagine :)

So I would say organic raw materials used in a safe manner would be safe for life but raw extracts put in fast absorbing places could be instantly damaging and of course smoking anything is going to be slightly damaging at least, to the respiratory tract.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Cement ? Where did you get that from ? And cement isnt a drug . If you want to say cuts can be harmefull thats a different thing .

Pureifyed drugs other than a few like alcohol and tobaco / nicotine arent harmefull either , its abuseing them thats harmfull . Sniffing anything thats crystaline = has a part acid in it isnt good for you but the drugs themselves are not harmfull .

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
GOD a dit:
Cement ? Where did you get that from ? And cement isnt a drug . If you want to say cuts can be harmefull thats a different thing .
When they extract cocaine they put cement in the mixture, I've seen it countless times in documentaries about the production of cocaine.

GOD a dit:
Pureifyed drugs other than a few like alcohol and tobaco / nicotine arent harmefull either , its abuseing them thats harmfull . Sniffing anything thats crystaline = has a part acid in it isnt good for you but the drugs themselves are not harmfull .

I'd consider pure crystaline to be a raw extract. So really, Yes. They are harmfull when put in fast absorbing area's such as the nose, the eyes, the tongue / gums as they are corrosive to our soft moist tissue.

I once saw some pure MDMA, Just handling the stuff made your finger tips peel. I would imagine that some idiot would try snorting this stuff, That would be one bad nose bleed :lol:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Stiki , do you mean they use cement to make the cocaine ? If you do it could only be for PH reasons and it wouldnt get into the end product . If you mean its used as a cut then the people who buy such "cocaine" only have themselves to blame . One should inform oneself before one buys things . All anyone has to do is take a look at the powder and one would see cement imediately . If one has shit eyes all one would have to do is take a pinch of the cocaine between two fingers and rub . The cocaine melts and the cement would feel like grit . Anyone who doesnt know that or buys shit like that only has themselves to blame .

As far as i`m concerned sniffing things is dumb .