Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Evolution or God?...

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
For me it's really the same thing.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
yeah, both.
it's all the same.
i've been getting really pissed at religion the last few days, actually since i saw the (not very interesting) film Da Vince Code. People are so underdeveloped, still. Killing for god. Absurdity.
Sad, sad little planet. Could (can) be so nice! :wink:

Alice

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
I got this text in my mailbox:
I was there, you know. At the beginning of time, petfles, blueprints in hand, shouting orders to all the worker bees. And when we got to positioning planet earth, the crowd fell silent. "This jewel," I declared, "this masterpiece of the galaxy, this floating oasis among the stars, is where I will live. Yet as pervasive as my presence will be, few - very few, indeed - will even know that I am there..."

At which point a little worker bee interrupted and asked how those who would know, would know.

Because they would wonder. And in wondering, seek. And seeking, find that there could be no other way. For the clay used by the potter, no matter how shaped, formed, or divided, must still be clay. And that the clay, that first day of all days, had to be me.

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
Evolution and god are the same. The question should be if god is our goal of evolution. If we as a collective can imagine god, there is the possibility of god becoming born again. Maybe that's the evolution of this time and space, becoming our dreams. That's the most difficult part of the discussion.. Are we as humans ever able to grasp the image of god? If not, why do have the illusion we can?

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
I prefer to believe in phenomenons like destiny, balance in force/energy (no i dont mean the star-wars force) and trial & error, rather than a personafication of all that. Why would there be one being that knows all, makes all happen and can do no error...

How did 'all' come to be? It just came together and started being.

Just like you happen to be reading these words... its the same, just with a whole lot less significance to our exinstence. But maybe it is of great significance in another dimension (if there are such things as dimensions, cant tell).

Cyproxicus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Jan 2006
petfles a dit:
Are we as humans ever able to grasp the image of god? If not, why do have the illusion we can?
donkey2.gif

It's what keeps us going..

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Cyproxicus a dit:
I prefer to believe in phenomenons like destiny, balance in force/energy (no i dont mean the star-wars force) and trial & error, rather than a personafication of all that. Why would there be one being that knows all, makes all happen and can do no error...

The question is not one being/multiple beings, because that's just our way of looking at things. We cannot grasp that the universe as a whole is the same thing as the universe divided into pieces. A pantheistic notion of God overcomes this fallibility of mind.

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
We are all one. We have a destiny. We are all alone.
I was wondering, have you ever seen some sort of god in a trip or dream?

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
petfles a dit:

Multiple times (or 1 time, depending on your angle :wink: ).

It was of course always some sort of picture that I associated with a God within my mind, but I had the idea of dealing with another entity, bigger than myself, that showed itself in different forms. The weirdest one being a floating eye, reminiscent of my Avatar.

Ilian

Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
watch the pharmacratic inquisition and you will learn more about the relation of religion with psychedelics..
if the question is 'what put humans on earth' ill go for evolution..

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
petfles a dit:

I've never seen god as some kind of figure, but then again... what is god?

God= universal conscience, WE, US, all ONE?
God= the 70% of our brain that we don't know how to use?
God= the universe, the cells, our body, a mathematical equation?

alice :wink:

G

Invité
Maybe the whole universe, all the energies/entities/lifeforms, thoughts and knowledge is god.
So you can choose to be a bad cell of god or a good cell of god...

G

Invité
Wow, what a magnificent creature, I never heard of it...
That's why I didn't get it, but to better my life I'm gonna be an FSM-ist

RAmen!

serguei

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Nov 2005
i believe that god is the center of the universe, that we are unique manifestations of him, making our way through experience and evolution until we reach balance again :D

Nitroman

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
15 Déc 2005
for me god and evolution is the same thing too and i believe god is within every atom and beyond, kinda like tao in taoism :) yeaah
peace :wink:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
petfles a dit:
I got an advise to read this book from a friend: God's Debris

http://images.ucomics.com/images/pdfs/sadams/godsdebris.pdf

It's a conversation between the All Knowing and a normal someone. Anyone read it? I will soon.

I am currently reading it, thanks for the tip. It is pretty interesting, and kind of reminds me of the 'conversations with god' series by Neale Donald Walsch.

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
As said before: They dont have to exclude eachother. You can see evolution as god, as the driving power behind live. And you can see god as a product of our evolution. Maybe our evolution can be seen as the evolution from animal to 'god', maybe thats what its all about.