Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Even murderers stop at red lights.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I think the difference between the Law of capitalistic nations which rarely (never) accounts for the situation in which the Law was broken is where one must begin.

To cross the street, or to run a red light, because it is completely safe to do so, is against the law. If there is a "Pure" police officer, he will stop you and fine you, whether or not there are people for 10 miles.

"The law is the law" is not a valid arguement, ever, but our legal system has (for the last century) embraced this quote as a natural and divine statement.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:
I think the difference between the Law of capitalistic nations which rarely (never) accounts for the situation in which the Law was broken is where one must begin.

that doesn't make any sense. the difference between what? where one must begin to do what?

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I don't remember

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
proof read proof read proof read. and then proof read some more. do you ever do that? i find you making run on sentences that make no sense grammatically, quite often. too often, seeing as how you are a top poster; you must hold some sort of responsibility on what you decide to spout out, or this place is going to devolve rapidly. i urge you for the sake of this site and it's invaluable information, and the betterment of, not merely for my own content... :|

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
LMFAO you cant be serious. ijc is one of the largest contributing members on this website and your telling him hes not doing it right? :ANAL: :roll: :lol:

no one is perfect, hell my spelling is fucking horrible and i dont even know my times tables.

i think his wrighting is well structured enough to be read. if it wasnt there would be alot less conversation here.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I thinks you is goin too depe into this fureelz. man iippppp am trippppppppiiiiiiiinnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!! :finga:

Bastiaan

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
14 Sept 2007
When I saw the title of this topic I thought you were reffering to the ball shaped cameras that have been popping up on almost all of the traffic lights it seems. Not just in the Netherlands, just after they appeared here I took a trip through Germany. They were everywhere there as well.

If you kill someone out of self defense there's nothing wrong with that.
Of course you'll be jailed probably.
But isn't that the whole point?
To make them feel like they litteraly can't even defend themselves.
That will make someone feel so weak they are bound to submit to a whole other spectrum of bs.
And that in turn will probably make them feel like they are bad people themselves (which they are, but hey since when is that not a choice and/or sth you can change), being so weak.
They'll obey alright.
Weakness, weakness.
Self-justification and excuses are everywhere.
I know it's wrong, but if I do/don't do this the police will put me in jail/fine me.
Now tell someone that is as weak as you that what he is doing is justified and have him tell you the same.
And of course, shout it with hostility together to others that put a mirror in front of your face.
The weakest try to make the strong feel weak too (out of jealousy? jealousy is lack of self love. it is the false notion that you can't achieve what you want because of someone else. not very positive and good for accomplishment. Rather be inspired.).
They cling to each other and put each other down.
It's an epedemic. You can catch it and/or spread it.
There is nothing wrong with killing someone out of self defense.
There is something wrong with thinking you can make rules for someone and punish them when they don't obey.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"no one is perfect, hell my spelling is fucking horrible and i dont even know my times tables."

so then who are you to judge? you two hit it off well since you joined the forum, hence your bias in standing up for him. im not going to stasrt arguing, im just gonna tell you guys to think before you type. it's annoying when you make no fucking sense. it brings this stereotype of people negative attention.

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
Murders stop at red lights because they don't want to be caught by the po-po. Same reason any of us do.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Allusion, I think your hostility is for something other than me mispelling or having grammatical errors, but I don't know what.. Sometimes I am on here at 1AM after being up since 6AM, I really don't care at that point if one sentence doesn't make sense. You still understand my perception don't you? I Think that is a little more important.

You have been getting on here, and rather than partaking in any discussion, expressing your views, or being part of the board, you have been targeting people, whether it is for spelling, ignorance, or something else. I don't like the state of the board either, and maybe it is because you have changed? Maybe it's because I miss your inputs that I used to value, where as now you just seem to austracize me, or someone else.

What I'm really saying, is I wish you would post more, or atleast express a deeper personal opinion about the subject matter... I'm dissapointed when I see your name next to a post with a single sentence that is usually, in some way, cynical.

Spencer, right, but there is a bigger picture here, did you read the entire thread?

"I miss GOD" - maybe if I went to the board of you and GOD I would encounter the same thing you are disliking here?

ZoSoMaC

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Nov 2009
there is stopping at a red light because of getting arrested.

there is also stopping at a red light for saftey. you dont want to get hit by oncoming traffic.

but what about those that stop at red lights, and wait for minimal intervals of traffic, and a light for fuck sake to tell them when they can walk. no cops around, hardly any cars driving by.. practically open street.. and still they wait.

guidelines...

fix'd :p

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I don't think my thunder was warranted... :?

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
NOPE! I read the beginning! ^^ I'm done here! Thank you for helping me realize that.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
sure your thunder was warranted. the internet is here for you to express your views, isn't it? that's all im doing. that's all anyone can do, is express your opinion. this isn't regular life, certainly not a natural interaction of people. we aren't friends, just as we aren't enemies. you are a part of a large digital interface (called the internet, or more specifically psychonaut) that i choose to interact with. some of it i like, some of it i do not. if i like something, i try to keep it going as long as possible. if i dont like something, i try to squash it asap. i realize this leads to my personal views being put on others, but my main goal is always in the end, efficiency, and productivity, so i like to think that in this regard, my opinion is somewhat valuable.

this is a place where i dont edit my responses. actually let me correct myself. i edit the way in which i deliver my response, but my initial feeling of the situation is left as it came naturally. i change my gut reaction (sometimes positive, sometimes negative) into a reponse that can be seen as informative, trying to work toward a statement that isn't too much of either positive or negative(sometimes this is hard i admit). you can't do that in real life, be completely honest, that is. just because i dont agree with you (this goes for everybody) in one topic, doesn't mean i dont like you, or won't agree with you in another topic. on the internet, you can't take anything personally, because you can never know the real meaning of the message, things like the tone of my delivery, my sincerety, seriousness or lack of it, etc...

that said, i still value you both as posters because i know you still do alot for this community. i want to thank you for what you've contributed. i just get aggrevated sometimes when somebody doesn't share the same standard that i do. idk, i try to hold myself to a high standard, even if i can't fulfill it all of the time, and i guess it's a bit hypocritical of me to spout out advice, when i myself dont always follow it. but that's what it's about for me. getting the message out there the way it's intended to be. i would want somebody to keep me in line too for the times that i get a little off beat, even if my ego does not. like now.

in my opinion, in the end, it's about the trying to reach the perfect state, since it would appear impossible to obtain perfection. im trying to make this place essentially, a better, more interactive and dynamic website, akin to something like erowid i guess, sorry if my obsession with perfection bothers you, it's compulsive sometimes

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
you should have seen me back when i was a child. i was so anal retentive it's ridiculous. now i that i understand that everything can't be perfect, :cry: i've gotten infinitely better, but the thought pattern's still there no doubt.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
As a child, I was everywhere at once. I didn't organize, I didn't edit, I was just lazy.

I'd do something, then leave it there, in all it's disorder.

When I was having my psychotic(ish) episode I disliked EVER, ever editing. I thought, what came out first was pure. What was pure, was perfect. I hated taking more than 30 seconds to text someone, I thought that my immidiate and intuitive or instinctive response was much more insightful, truthful, and powerful than the one-minute thought-out response I was used to doing.

Some of that has carried over, some of that is long gone. I keep some, but sometimes I do not like to correct even the most blatant errors. I grew up with my father with VERY little speech - literally we didn't talk much, our conversations were sentances. I learned to read into emotions, facial expressions and tone & pitch very well, and basically lived off that for a long time. If you met me in person you would realize I am a very quiet person (at times) - that is usually why. I expect people to almost read my mind, and that has even carried out into textual context.

My dad is very good at finishing my sentances :)

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
i will admit, i have been able to -for the most part- interpret your responses as i think you would mean them. but i believe this is because i also come from a similar background, not being very talkative, that is. there's something about that that makes you rely on your other senses or intuition, and get quite good at it.

my intention behind correcting you is to make it easier for people who aren't on our level of thought to be able to make sense of it, and that's all really. i feel bad for people left out of something great simply because of their intelligence. how else will they step up onto our level if they can't interpret the information before them? you know?

i like you're ideas, i just feel that they could be greater if you spend a little extra time in certain scenarios, to elaborate on some things, which you might leave up to the reader to piece together or to just "get it". which is fine if it's something that is self evident, but this can be tricky, because at least from region to region, "general knowledge" seems to vary greatly.

ijc:
"When I was having my psychotic(ish) episode I disliked EVER, ever editing. I thought, what came out first was pure. What was pure, was perfect. I hated taking more than 30 seconds to text someone, I thought that my immidiate and intuitive or instinctive response was much more insightful, truthful, and powerful than the one-minute thought-out response I was used to doing."

you are right. i can see this coming from where i do (overcoming past schizophrenic tendencies). but therein lies the problem. what is perfect, does not translate. what is real, doesn't "equate" in a system (for example language). i believe the only reason i can get some of your stuff fully is because we relate in this fashion. i hope this helps you guys understand where im coming from