Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Esoterics section ?

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I can't say. I fear that there will be a two face community - they and us, I and you. It would be sad if the forum was split in two... I think that this is a matter of rationality to argue sanely. We are not in the kindergarden...

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Us, and them
And after all were only ordinary men.
Me, and you.
God only knows its not what we would choose to do.
Forward he cried from the rear
And the front rank died.
And the general sat and the lines on the map
Moved from side to side.
Black and blue
And who knows which is which and who is who.
Up and down.
But in the end its only round and round.
Havent you heard its a battle of words
The poster bearer cried.
Listen son, said the man with the gun
Theres room for you inside.

I mean, theyre not gunna kill ya, so if you give em a quick short,
Sharp, shock, they wont do it again. dig it? I mean he get off
Lightly, cos I wouldve given him a thrashing - I only hit him once!
It was only a difference of opinion, but really...i mean good manners
Dont cost nothing do they, eh?

Down and out
It cant be helped but theres a lot of it about.
With, without.
And who'll deny its what the fightings all about?
Out of the way, its a busy day
Ive got things on my mind.
For the want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Nice one wotsit .

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Any man who has given his controls and defenses temporarly out of hands beyond the doors and witnessed his naked softened self, arrives back with the possibility to modify a stronger bastion around himself, in order to go outside to sow what he has seen and knows.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Brugmansia a dit:
Any man who has given his controls and defenses temporarly out of hands beyond the doors and witnessed his naked softened self, arrives back with the possibility to modify a stronger bastion around himself, in order to go outside to sow what he has seen and knows.

i agree.. to use the biblical quote.. iron sharpens iron.

that indicates you are seeking, exploring, challenging your perceptions, learning new things. not just preaching.

actually, i enjoy the sparkle of esoteric thoughts here and there, conjecture, imagination. it is only the overly dogmatic stuff I tend to shy away from.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I am all for an esoteric section .

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I have thought about the subject and i am sure it would not help . What would it achieve ? What benefits would there be ?

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I already was against it from the beginning :wink:

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
GOD a dit:
I have thought about the subject and i am sure it would not help . What would it achieve ? What benefits would there be ?

I also don't see the point of such an section. Yet i don't like the idea that certain members condemn other people, who like or think about esoteric subjects, for being confused and/or mentally ill. Maybe esoteric isn't based on facts or rational thinking, but that doesn't mean one is mentally ill, confused or what so ever. I know esoteric subjects, sometimes sound ridiculous, but it can be challenging to think about them.

GOD a dit:
Before any biased people start to whine again or use threads for snyd personal vendetas i want to make clear again that i have absolutely nothing against esoterics .

Hmmm, are you sure? I don't want to whine, but I do somehow get the impression, you do have problems with it till an certain degree. Oke, i understand that some members having trouble with other members who mention esoteric things in almost every thread. I also don't like that.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
It might be an idea to open a thread specifically about fringe science subjects. Not about telekinesis or mediums talking with dead people, but about things like quantum physics, fractals, phi, sacred geometry, the platonic solids, stuff that can be expressed and verified mathematically. It would include musings on nature (Fibonacci spiral, Golden Mean), DNA and consciousness. This is the kind of 'esoteric' stuff that intrigues a large section of the psychedelic community. It has implications for chemistry and a whole range of other subjects, most of them unrelated to the esoteric or paranormal phenomena.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Anyone keeping the score on those ? I think I have +5 already :lol:

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
If you had read what i have said about esoteric subjects you would understand what i think . I made it clear often that i dont have anything against esoterics . Who could ? Why ? A lot of science has its origins in esoterics and the theorys turned out to be true , BUT a lot of it is the rambelings of confused people disguised as fact and sold as fact . Everything should be looked at neutraly and objectively .

Can people please stop acusing me of being against esoterics its fucking annoying . As i keep saying i`m not responsible for anyone not reading what i say and / or not understanding it . So if you want to know what i think ask me and stop generalising . Every case deserves individual assesment and what is shit is shit and what is rational is rational . I can often see what is shit and what is fact but i`m not responsible for it being either . It either is or isnt .

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Can people please stop acusing me of being against esoterics its fucking annoying . As i keep saying i`m not responsible for anyone not reading what i say and / or not understanding it . So if you want to know what i think ask me and stop generalising . Every case deserves individual assesment and what is shit is shit and what is rational is rational . I can often see what is shit and what is fact but i`m not responsible for it being either . It either is or isnt .

I am glad you did posted this reply. It isn't always easy to understand the reasons and or motivations of the posts that people write. I somehow did interpret your messages in a not coherent way. It wasn't the meaning i wanted to accuse you for it, i was really curious how i needed to interpret your thoughts. You know GOD, that you have a strange form of humor and are really direct to people. The language that you use, can be quit rude. If we did meet each other in real life, i could at least read your body language, and we could probably communicate in a much better way. But this a forum, with many members from who's English, isn't the primary language. I have seen, that it is easy for lots of people to not properly interpret the posts that are posted on the forum.

Of course i want you to be yourself, and don't want you to act like someone you not are. But please, be conscious about what words you use and what consequences they can have on some members. Certain words just do have certain effects on people. The last year, i have read many posts from you and i do understand that it's just your way of communicating. Tough, sometimes i get a little confused, and especially for new people it would be hard to understand. If some words, do have such an effect on me, i do think more people will experience the same.

So don't get me wrong, but at least think about it. That's all i wanted to say.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
It might be an idea to open a thread specifically about fringe science subjects. Not about telekinesis or mediums talking with dead people, but about things like quantum physics, fractals, phi, sacred geometry, the platonic solids, stuff that can be expressed and verified mathematically. It would include musings on nature (Fibonacci spiral, Golden Mean), DNA and consciousness. This is the kind of 'esoteric' stuff that intrigues a large section of the psychedelic community. It has implications for chemistry and a whole range of other subjects, most of them unrelated to the esoteric or paranormal phenomena.
I don't think that such threats need "planning", if someone is concerned with the topic, why not? I am just asking myself if any of the members has a certain....professionality if you want to name it so. A lot of people here (including me) do so by hobby and interest. This may influence the discussion a lot.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Not aimed at anyone personaly . ( So stop aiming at me ) .

"What is shit to you, could be gold to someone else."

See . You didnt read or you didnt understand what i said . I said i dont decide what shit it . Shit is shit .

"The language that you use, can be quit rude. "

What rude language ? What is rude language ? A fashion thing ? An elitist thing ? I am not a bigot or hypocrit , i am honest and i have never met anyone that has never used the normal everday words i use . This is getting silly . In other threads i am being acused of swearing , oaths , cursing and useing bad language . I have never cursed , swore or used oaths in my life and i never will . Please inform your self what they are and where the bigoted fashion that some peoiple like to lay on others is wrong . People are acusing me of blasphemy . The those things are major sinns in christianity , islam and judeism . Isnt it odd that most of you use at least some of the words that confused people call bad or strong language . That is religeous fundamentalist propoganda . Its getting like what wotsit said about the people in the french section sudenly loosing their memorys and denying they have said somethgiung . Why are so many people shitting out here ? And dont start talking about showing respect . What about "you live your life and i`ll live mine" and showing me respect . Wher will it all end ? Next some one is going to say if you dont want to live in my world and acept my neurosies you are bad or rude or strong . Personaly i think people who dont wear green socks are evil ..... at least on wednesdays . If someone doesnt like everyday words that have been used across the globe for thousands of years and ghas a problem with it they should seek help .

Its the same as with wotsit . Its called freedom of speach and the right tohave an own personality and the right to free expresion . If you dont like what he says dont read it . If you dont like him dont read his posts . That is straight from Caduceus . I have as much rights as him OR ? As was pointed out in wotsits fuck thread words like those are as old as the hills and are used across the world . Denying the right of someone to expresshimself freely is censor ship and its bigoted . Look at the internationaly aclaimed works of charles bukowski and derek and clive live .

Words are words and nothing else .

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMv5aciI ... re=related

Or shall we force all jews and moslems to be christians because christians are good and the others bad . Remember the thread about people being arested for wearing baggy trousers ?

Look at wotsits pink floyd quote on the last page . And ask fork if a word IS bad . It might be a bit anoying if someone keeps talking crap all the time but i aint . If the frequency of the use of anoying words or being ois against the rules what about wotsit . ( sorry wotsit i aint getting at you i just want the same rights as you ) .

Imagine people who eat dead animals saying vegans are obscene or the other way around .

Shit man i get realy fucking pissed off at with bollocks like that .