Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Egowrestling is fucked up!

bliksem

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Oct 2009
Do you mean that in a darwinian way? A 'JUST BE' way? Or ....?

figment

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
We're just trying to make the best decisions to increase the survivale rate of our own offspring. When the basic needs of a person are fulfilled, thinking about your environment to increase the long term survival rate of your own children is an option. But there isn't necessarily anything wrong with 'raping' a planet. No species wants to 'live in harmony' for the sake of living in harmony. So yes, I mean that in a darwinian way :)

I don't care if the planet is raped per sé. Only because I would like my children to live in good conditions, I care a lot. And because my children and myself need other people for their well being, I also care about the well being of all these other people.

We are increadibly succesful as a species. We even manage to populate a planet with billions. If you put 6 billion monkeys on a planet, you have a serious problem, because it is monkeys that 'rape' or 'parasite' their environment. Without agriculture and industrial food production, there is no way a planet can sustain such population.

So I think that the human construct is in essence a beautiful thing.

????????

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
^i agree with you on that last bit but monkeys don't have oil refineries. or chainsaws. there is no way in hell 6 billion monkeys are going to even come close to the amount of earth rapin' we do. we own their monkey asses. i think the only ones that can rival our earth pillaging are mass hordes of hungry insects.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well maybe we aren't monkeys in a darwinian way, but maybe we are i don't know, however our consciousness mostly is monkey mind tho!

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
hahahaha
monkeys and apes are different tho guys, we evolved from apes

the image of 6 billion monkeys running amok everywhere is bringing a smile to my face haha

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
figment a dit:
We're just trying to make the best decisions to increase the survivale rate of our own offspring.

I don't care if the planet is raped per sé. Only because I would like my children to live in good conditions, I care a lot. And because my children and myself need other people for their well being, I also care about the well being of all these other people.

We are increadibly succesful as a species.

you got a fuckin lot to learn

:axe:

figment

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Jan 2008
spice a dit:
figment a dit:
We're just trying to make the best decisions to increase the survivale rate of our own offspring.

We are increadibly succesful as a species.

you got a fuckin lot to learn

:axe:

What is your problem?

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I don't get it. . You don't agree with figment that's fine. But just saying you got a fucking lot to learn isn't constructive at all.
It doesn't matter if you,re right or wrong.

trick

Banni
Inscrit
2 Sept 2007
I think he had a legitimate point.

bliksem

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Oct 2009
.....and colonizing other planets ?

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK

we have lessons to learn right here that we aren't even close to getting

I was addressing the issue overpopulation. Colonizing is a bad option i guess. Can you come up with a better one? I really think it's a serious issue. What if there are people who have worldpower laying back and thinking if the time comes we just eradicate. Far-fetched on my part i hope.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
we all have much to learn... but the ones who have learned more than others' can still scoop from the pool of infinite knowledge, so nobody has a disadvantage, there are just differences in the amount of knowledge and maybe also the quality of the knowledge matters. regarding quality of knowledge i think of it like how much of the information is known to be true or validated or something like that... of course in the process of sharing knowledge another issue is who is interested in the information??? i mean what would it help a 5 year old kid to learn about investing in the stock market for example??? well maybe that's a bad example but i hope you get the point.

peace :weedman:

bliksem

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Oct 2009
I hope i do.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
maybe the issue is already being addressed by some people??? population reduction??? diseases raging, cancer causing foods, cuttings of annuity and salary, money slaves, government slaves, HIV, swine-bird-flu, toxic human relations, etc etc

but definately there's also a anti-movement like the doctors, hospitals, scientists and all other caring people who are not already haters....

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
colonizing is a bad option why?? oh wait yeah obviously our limited intelligence IS the the limit init??? fkn apes go back to your trees and stop being part of our highly advanced societies. LOL :mrgreen:

morethanasphere

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
13 Avr 2010
Fascinating conversation going on here.

My contribution is to say that it struck me some time ago that the idea of some future awakening of humanity en masse may be unrealistic. It seems to me it's happening just as it should, this more and more people turning on sort of thing, and that even if a "critical mass" is reached and some "chain reaction" that takes place and some kind of "light" comes on, there will still be some who aren't aware, maybe the very young or old...There will always be those who "get it" and those who don't., even if the proportions change with time.

And suddenly I wasn't wrestling with my ego anymore.

Peace

TheBarn

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Juil 2009
feels like I walked into a conversation halfway through, everyone turned around and stopped talking...

paranoid much??