Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Drug for better concentration and memory ?

Nephilim

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2004
Hi together,

I hope someone can help me.

I'm quite stressed at the moment. Besides working I'm studying, and I also have to learn for another examination which I need to pass for work.

I'm having a bad time concentrating myself. Whenever I've read a page I notice that I don't really know what I just read and I have to start again. Sometimes I need hours for a few pages just to notice a few days later that I don't know anymore what I've read. I'm not doing drugs or something like that, except drinking some coffee or smoking a joint every few weeks, so it shouldn't have anything to do with that.

I already tried with increasing the caffeine dosage, but the result was, that I was to nervous to learn and that I had to go outside and move and have a long walk.

Do you guys know of any kind of drug / medicine I could try in order to be able to concentrate ? I'd really like my brain to soak in everything I see and read and hear like a sponge without forgetting it.

I'd only need that for a defined period of time. Maybe a few weeks.

Thanks in advance,

Nephilim

sykokinesis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juil 2004
I know exactly what you are talking about, so you're not alone. Stress, work, school, and life in general can be crazy at points and you can become overwhelmed easily.

Caffeine is your enemy as it will only bring about more angst. If you are to the point where you need a boost in energy, you would be better off taking a nap for an hour or so. Einstein never slept, he would take a 20 minute nap like every 2 hours.(freak) The lack of sleep actually makes you more intelligent because you brain is working longer. I read that in some science magazine.

Anyways, getting to the point...
Xanax is ok, but too strong, Klonopin is great and it is what I take, I also take Effexor; which is probably the best anxiety drug on the market. Zoloft doesn't work, Prozac sucks, Paxil is evil(suicide cases and rage) I was on paxil for a week and almost went on a killing rampage.

So a list:
Ativan - narcotic, weak, makes me sick.
Xanax - narcotic, too strong & doesn't last long enough.
Klonopin - narcotic, perfect IMHO, lasts long.
Valume - narcotic similar to Ativan.
Lithium - Overrated bullshit drug that makes you a retard.
Zoloft - sucks, clouds your brain.
Prozac - Sucks, to weak.
Paxil - good if you want to kill yourself or someone else.
Effexor - Great but expensive, retain a clear head.

I know these are all script drugs, but they are what you need. Pot will just burn you out, most other uppers will just cloud your brain of senseable reason. They're just "fun drugs".

I currently take a combo of Klonopin(clonazapam) & Effexor XR

Nephilim

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2004
Hi,

thanks for the answer !

I already heard of most of those drugs, but I wonder if they can really help me. I'm not having an anxiety issue. At least not at the moment. And I remember having taken some antidepressants years ago, when I had a hard time, one of them being Prozac. When I didn't notice any change, I got a stronger one but can't remember the name.

All I noticed was that I wanted to sleep, and that I felt like I was floating around in a slow and surreal world. I couldn't feel very much any more. Even when my cat scratched me, I didn't feel any pain. I was totally indifferent, and I wasn't awake at all.

But that's what I need to be... Awake, energetic and concentrated.

So do you think these things can help ?

I just read something about Ritalin. You know anything about it ?

lizard

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Jan 2004
Just go and see a doctor. they can help you better.

sykokinesis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Juil 2004
Ritalin isn't what is cracked up to be.
I honestly think Effexor is probably the best drug on the market, and I think it would help you.

It doesn't make you tired or feel any kind of "high". My pharmasist told me that Effexor "works behind the scenes, no one knows that it is doing anything until they stop taking it." He said this because I told him that I felt a lot better than I used to and was thinking about quiting the drug. He is a friend also, so it's not like it was about the money.

I agree, go see a doctor and see what they say. Stress can lead to a lot of psychological issues both large and small.

GL, John

Nephilim

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2004
Thanks for your answers...

well... the docs here in Germany can be quite restrictive, at least the ones I ever went to. When someone walks in and tells them he isn't able to concentrate at all they will tell him to do some sports, go to bed earlier and maybe to buy some herbal pills from the pharmacy.
Usually they don't do an in-depth check for such symptoms and say something like "everybody suffers from something like that some time." and that was it.
So sometimes I tend to try some self-medication in order to find out if it helps or not.

I'll take a closer look at that Effexor and try to find out if it could be something for me.

G

Invité
When someone walks in and tells them he isn't able to concentrate at all they will tell him to do some sports, go to bed earlier and maybe to buy some herbal pills from the pharmacy.

And maybe the doctor has a good point there :roller:

Nephilim

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Avr 2004
LOL !

Point for you ;)

On the other hand I feel like having tried everything from jogging and eating healthier stuff up to drinking hot milk before sleeping and even some of those Ginkgo herbals and Ginseng which are said to improve bloodflow and concentration.

Until now I wasn't very successful... That's why I asked :smirk:

ajrinka

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Mai 2004
I completely understand your problem, because i'm a student too, and had to face a lot of times when I needed to learn 2,3 books in one night. maybe for you it's unbelieveable but it's possible. but u only have to be cocentrated -I know it's problem for you, but you won't resolve it with any drug, believe me, i tried. maybe some will help you to be more awake but that's it. For the concentration you have many good psichological methods. for exaple, if the information is not to difficult, like when it's more a "story telling" to the professor, then ask some one to read it for you, and then you listen -you will remeber it much easier. That's why we remeber movies that we watch -because someone else is telling them to us (the producer and the actors :))
if you have some difficult informations to remember, like the definitions -mark the key words of the sentence, and than write them ond the blank paper. then read the words from that paper as many times you need untill you remember the whole definition.
If you need to remeber, per example some characteristics of some product, or something else
-you do it this way: The characterics of indicators in sociological research are: -descriptive -objective -representative -simple
=then you memorize the beginning letters of these characeteristics -d -o -r -s - . And whey you see that question on the test you'll remember Jim Morison and the "Doors" and you'll know that DORS means Descriptive, Objective, Representative, Simple.

there is one more method -photographic learning -buy in store as much as more colored markers -blue, yellow, green, pink.. and every topic in book underline with different color - and then when you repeat the topics from the book, you can easier make a vision of the page and the colors that are in it, and, of course, the sentences that you want to remember.
theese are the methods that I use when I have exams, and they help most of the times -sometimes if i'm tired I take some ephedra, or amphetamine, or just coffe -but that's just for keeping me awake -the concentration is on your head, not in any kind of drug, or medication.
I hope that this will help you, and that you'll pass your test! :lolwsign: