Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DMT smell and color

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Hello,

I was wondering what the smell and color of DMT is. An extraction was just finished, and after evaporation, there is almost a yellow residue with a 'plastic' type of smell.

PEACE & LOVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
From white to yellow to orange to red . It smells like burning plastic and sometimes a bit like moth balls . Sounds like youve hit pay dirt . Smoke it and tell us...........

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
:D :D :D This is an exciting day. I just have a few questions. I am sure you know about QT's DMT extraction. Well I used that process, is there any way other harmful substances could be dissolved, and evaporated into the final product?

PEACE & LOVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
1 - Congrats .

2 - No .

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Thanks A LOT God, I will report back here how it goes. Hopefully I will have the balls to do it tonight.

PEACE & LOVE

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I have another question. There is NO smell of naptha, but the 'spice' is not dry like crystals. It is like a very sticky goo. Is that just the way DMT turns out sometimes, or is it not fully dry?

PEACE & LOVE

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Can't accompany with the extraction process.

But all the best. :heart:

May love swell till the size of the universe. Too fast, too furious through the sea of God.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Well I tried it, but I had a hard time holding in the smoke. When the smoke is inhaled, does it ever feel like you have burnt your tongue and have a strong taste of plastic.

PEACE & LOVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yes , the plastic taste is right . How did you smoke it and what happened ?

I havent got the tek you used in my head so i dont know exactly what you did . The residue you have could be cleaned by washing it with an amonia solution .

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
it's never really solid/hard but, since it's yellow you got to much fat and oil, that's why the smoke is difficult to hold. It always tastes like burning plastic but the burning sensations is just the taste and is in your head(it's normal). next time take more time on your defatting. When dmt is still in the polar layer, you should was at least 3 times with a non-polair solution(if you could get an aromate for this would be great, after that you wash with an alifatic non-polair solution) when the dmt is later in the non-polar layer was this one another few times with distilled water.

Maybe you could try to recrystalize or a freeze-precipation.

Jahvisions

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Oh yeah, we discussed this tek earlier this weak and the pH of basifying is to low it should be at leat 11 I think but I go up till 13. The first thing is that the viscosity get lower so the separation goes better, second the yield get's better, third other substances(oils, fats) can go faster into the non-polair layer.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I didn't have a pH meter, so I just jacked up the pH as high as I could. Also I used Mimosa Hostilis, and apparently the defatting process is unnecessary, and I skipped that step. Should I have defatted? I heard it was very unnecessary when using Mimosa Hostilis.

@God- I used a light bulb, got the DMT into the light bulb, and then heated it from under until a vapor started to brew. After that I took my hit, but could not hold it in because of the harsh smoke. At least I know next time what I am in for. Also nothing happened visually, just an intense body buzz.

PEACE & LOVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
You should have defated it . Every time i used Mimosa Hostilis it took more defating than when i used Psychotria Viridis .

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Really! Well thanks for the information. Next time when I do it, I am gonna use more Mimosa Hostilis, and defat more than 3 times. Is the DMT still good to smoke? Will I need more than usual? Also if I just take one big hit, will it be as intense as everyone says it is, or does that come when you can take more than one hit, like 3 or 4 hits.

PEACE & LOVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
It would be better if you cleaned it up . Just keep taking hits till it hits , wich is often up to 3 times . It would probably smoke better if you mixed it with something .

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
What kind of first steps did you take ? Did you heat it an acidic solution and then basified it ? Anyway in my experience (with the strait to base method, also called lazymens tek) if I kept the temperature of the solution low there were almost no plant fats in the final product. If you have a dirty product try to do a recrystallization, this should at least take some of the junk out. I normally end up with a white, crystalline but still a bit waxy powder.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I used QT's DMT Extraction. How does one go about recrystallizing the final product? Is it worth it if I only have maybe 2 doses left? I plan on doing another extraction in the future with a lot more Mimosa Hostilis, and I will take all these tips everyone has given to me into consideration. Again, thank you, everyone! I guess this is just one big learning process. This is my first time doing this extraction, and I am sure I will get better with more experience.

PEACE & LOVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
What about eating it with P.Harmala ???

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I still have some Mimosa Hostilis that I could take with MAOI. I choose not to as my uncles and father have told me to wait until I have the chance to take it in a cermonial setting.

PEACE & LOVE

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Well, second attempt, better than last, but it was not a break through experience. For sure a change in consciousness. I used a light bulb to brew the DMT. I brewed it once, inhaled, waited. Nothing. So I did it again, and it slowly got more intense. I eventually brewed about 5 'bowls' of DMT within a 10 minute period. After the 5th inhalation, my couch and bed were breathing as if they were alive. There was very faint geometric patterns crawling the walls of my bedroom. That is as intense as it got. Maybe next time...

EDIT: It has done something inside. I just walked upstairs, pretty well down from the DMT, and EVERYTHING is so LUSH and GREEN. All the plants look so beautiful and alive. Also the sounds of the birds outside could not be anymore beautiful!!

PEACE & LOVE