Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DMT Like Dreams

BobFromReboot

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Avr 2010
Hi guys recently I've been having these strange dreams which are very abstract and nonsensical. Especially last night, every time I would close my eyes I would hear all kinds of voices but I could never understand what they were saying. At one point I woke up and there was like a huge network, or spiderweb type thing overlaying my entire vision. It had hundreds of colors and was definitely something I would see on DMT. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yes. You may have had a fever that night, or maybe you were having sleep paralasis. The latter happens when you "wake up" but your brain is still dreaming. People often hallucinate demons or people, but I'm sure it can range from any number of things.

I personally have had fever dreams where a giant sparkling web with a giant red ball in the middle was coming directly at me. I was 100% awake, and was screaming, eyes open. Shit's nuts!

BobFromReboot

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Avr 2010
I thought you couldn't move while experiencing sleep paralysis? It could have been a fever I was waking up a lot and very uncomfortable, I've had a cold since around Tuesday so that could explain it. But it's never happened before and it's not like this was the first time I've been sick. It could have also just been my brain forgetting to cancel out entopic effects. Meaning I could have been looking at veins, then my brain said "Oops supposed to hide this."

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"every time I would close my eyes I would hear all kinds of voices but I could never understand what they were saying"

hypnagogic state? in this state it is possible to have fully conscious hallucinations, uncluding auditory and visual effects, even noticeable effects in other senses, like for instance, a brief taste of a food you remember, or an instantaneous feeling of being hit by something (generally causes you to "jerk" awake). generally it's just a mixed assortment of all of these, but can definitely be more pronounced in only one or two senses... in the hypnagogic state it is possible to experience sleep paralysis

happens alot when i am sick; or, also, when i drink, i tend to get this visual mandala field layed over my vision... i think wiki has a good article on the hypnagogic state

BobFromReboot

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Avr 2010
Oh I'm definitely used to hypnagogia I get it every night, probably because I smoke weed, I never got it as a kid I had no imagination. It usually makes way more sense than what I felt though, they're quite linear "events", with very vivid representational images most of the time.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
What veins are you talking about? There are no veins from your cones and rods in your eyes to your pupil...?

reboot was a trip...

BobFromReboot

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
28 Avr 2010
Very good point you only have veins in the sclera and you do not see through that at all haha.

Benholley

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Août 2010
DMT is produced in your sleep, which allows you to dream, more or less.

So it's not very suprising that you're dreaming things you'd see when you're on DMT, because... you're on DMT

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Benholley a dit:
DMT is produced in your sleep, which allows you to dream, more or less.

So it's not very suprising that you're dreaming things you'd see when you're on DMT, because... you're on DMT

Want to back up that claim with scientific evidence?

the actual evidence is pointing that DMT does not have much (if any) effect on the brain while sleeping.

EndlessEntity

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
6 Juil 2010
i read an article that said that its been proven that DMT is NOT the chemical that creates your dreams. but it could have something to do with them. it has been proven to have something to do with metabolization in the stomach.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yeah, the scientific evidence shows that the amount present in people while asleep is not and cannot be felt while sober - only very, very slight changes in mood or emotion. But statistically, there is no evidence that DMT causes any changes in cognition at the levels it is present (alone).

The counter arguement, I believe, is that DMT does not act alone, and may be coupled with other chemicals, possibly even an maoi during sleep, which would increase it's potentcy substantially! So there is still this possibility.

I think the concentrations found in the brain are somewhere near 20 micro molar concentrations. Which is about 100-1000 times lower than what you would get while smokeing or drinking it - I back this up on nothing :D