Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Diabetes & Tripping

ssmithford

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Mai 2008
Hi. I'm a diabetic, on insulin. Started on Lady Salvia about 2 weeks ago. Noticed that I get my best Salvia highs when my blood sugar is low. But also noticed the trips last much longer when I keep my eyes closed - two to three hours at least, and that I've a general 'stoned' feeling for 2 or three DAYS afterwards. Any other diabetics (using any type of psychoactive) seeing the same results or anything different from what is considered the 'norm' for your drug of choice?

Brugmansia

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I'm not a diabetic. Nor have an idea or insuline interacts with other substances.

But I do notice strongly that psychedelics act way much stronger when my carbohydrates levels are kept very low. This gets even stronger if the body has only a little amount of salt and vitamins in the blood.

It's also working for an extended period of time. Especially the length of Mushrooms and Cannabis can be enhanced by avoiding food.

Also, if you ingest psychedelics on starving mode, chances of getting exhausted or even a mindfuck during the trip increases.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
[mod] Moved to general psychonautics. Please post in the right section. And welcome!

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I am also a diabetic for about 4 years now. Type one so insulin Dependant. I still use some stuff but just a few times a year, mostly mushrooms or MDMA but I have no real experience with Salvia.

Sounds logical that the effect of Salvia is at his best when you have low (or do you mean normal) blood sugar. In my experience when my bloodsugar is high I get sluggish, tired and moody which does not really help with the experience.

Do you have any experience with mushrooms and LSD ? I always foudn that mushrooms is ok but LSD a bit too long and I get confused with taking insulin and eating so that is not really working, any idea's on that ?

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I am not diabetic, but I have noticed that after a night-long shroom trip I could die for a big scoop of chocolate ice cream and a milk shake. I usually don't eat a lot of sweets, and usually when I'm exhausted I rather have more substantial food like cheese and potatoes. I think the mushroom trip must somehow lower my blood sugar that much that I get a rare craving for chocalate milk shake and ice cream.