Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Definition of crazy?

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
What is your definition of crazy.

You see a man mumbling to himself, is he crazy?
You see a man support big oil & industry and shit on the planet, is he crazy?
You see a man kill himself for no reason, is he crazy?
You see a man kill someone else only because it pleases him, is he crazy?
You see a man collecting plastic bags, is he crazy?

Feel free to exchange all woman/her/she with the man/him/he.

What is your definition?

Psychostain

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Oct 2007
We got a saying saying here in that can be roughly translated: "Being crazy i'nt as bad as being stupid" It simply means acting eccentric, or "crazy" if you will is ok if it makes you happy, but harming to yourself or anyone else for no good reason is abominable.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
you can find the realms/roots of madness in the deepness of the infinite oceans of your own mind like you can find no battling of a competent killer's eyelashes' while he cuts the throats of living beings.

the definition of "crazy" holds weight on collective and subjective consciousness. like a shadowy presence lurking thru the labyrinths in the more or less trapped minds, like a shadow which strives for cloudiness or light cutting thru the latter aggregate state like a hot knife thru butter.

undoubtedly crazy are they who choose to be crazy.
probably crazy are they who didn't decide to choose to be crazy.
possibly crazy are they who choose to decide.
crazy are they who choose to be crazy and are not.
crazy are they who are crazy and choose not to be so.

it's a crazy world..... so it's only logical that many people on it's surface are crazy, too.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
the social connotations and implications that come with a popular word like crazy, make me despise it. it is a word i cannot use freely, unless i have already alluded toward my point. it can never be a "fulcrum" word in debate. popular words are ALWAYS misunderstood (the bane of this website...). you think of the word crazy, then you say it 50 more times in your head, and come to the conclusion that the way YOU think of "crazy" is not what other people think it is.
it wouldn't do anybody justice to tell you what I believe crazy means, unless you'd personally care to know. and even then, the rest of the forum will still be horribly uneducated on the meaning...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Late night typer :D

Enivid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
3 Juil 2008
Crazy is a crazy word hehe.

Definitions of crazy:

noun: someone deranged and possibly dangerous
adjective: marked by foolish or unreasoning fondness
Example: "She was crazy about him"
adjective: foolish; totally unsound
Example: "A crazy scheme"
adjective: intensely enthusiastic about or preoccupied with
Example: "Crazy about cars and racing"
adjective: possessed by inordinate excitement
Example: "The crowd went crazy"
adjective: bizarre or fantastic
Example: "Had a crazy dream"
adjective: affected with madness or insanity

I have no defintion for it, for me crazy is crazy, its as simple as that.

"Dude, that's crazy!" reffering to something out of the ordinary. Ordinary meaning something that Im used to.

But its all in how I express crazy. If I express it like: "Dude that's crazy!", its like "Dude, you shouldn't do that!", but "Dude, that's crazy (and with a paus on the vowel a)!", its like "Dude, that was cool, I wanna try/do it!".

:D

- Enivid

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
agent orange from vietnam? My old step-dad can't grow a beard because of it - the hair in his face is like... idk, will destroy his face if the hair isn't shaved immidiatly.

Is that guy just cutting the hair off the baby?

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
The modification in the DNA of a large population is somewhat ... uncomfortable in the long-term.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
It's been going on since the beginning of DNA :wink:

ImTrippingStupid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Jan 2008
Personally I think "Crazy" is about as hard to define as "Normal". I see it as each of these could be a multitude of different things depending on who you ask and what the given situation is. Some might think those that think outside the box are crazy but history has proven that sometimes these people are most brilliant.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
If you guys live in the U.S. I recommend going to see shutter Island, it's pretty interesting, and made me totally relive my paranoid psychosis days :rolleyes:

ImTrippingStupid

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
21 Jan 2008
IJesusChrist a dit:
If you guys live in the U.S. I recommend going to see shutter Island, it's pretty interesting, and made me totally relive my paranoid psychosis days :rolleyes:

Where is that? Never heard of it.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Haha it's a movie. Very good one in my opinion... (Hollywood movie but still)

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
it depends on the culture and the government. what is considered crazy is defined by culture.