Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Define "Loops"

ZephX

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
11 Oct 2010
IJesusChrist a dit:
Technology, at times when tripping is disgusting, especially to the more 'hippie' among us... or in us.
For sure, but not just merely the house, but society we live in.
Its so un-natural, it makes me sick.

I could post a longer rage story on this, but its my first time on this board and i'd like to explore more ;)

Schwanke668

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Déc 2010
Ironicly scrunching up my face does help me see better. It elongates my eyes in a way similar to squinting but thats more for looking at things far a way that are out of focus. Up close I find I have to scrunch up most of my face or atleast the upper half of it to get a good look at something that is 'too close'. Havnt found a way yet to just scrunch up my eyes area, it seems to end up including my foreheard and then my cheeks and from there might as well be my whole face anyway.

As for the loops thing. I had a 'loop' once where I had the phrase 'time becomes a loop' stuck in my head from a really old techno song. And that sample would pop into my head and I knew I was on the path of another loop again. Then as I got used to processing them I was able to trace and control most of my loops. Half the time yeah its just flowing with them kind of like fractal rivers of the conscousness but like any good trip warden you can induce and control the flow as much as follow in it.

So over time I have been able to name and marker most of my loops and can discern when I am coming into one of them and decide if I wish to flow with it, how far, do I wish to modify it, overlap it with something else, interlace two or more, change the dimensional structure, etc etc etc.

At a basic level a loop as I am using it is really just a sequence of thoughts you think over and over again. It can be like mentioned the song stuck in your head or it can be a phrase you see incessantly in your head or it can be something you do every day.

Technically going to the bathroom can be a loop especially if you spend a lot of time in a situation where you use the same bathroom over and over again. If your rhythmitize some of your more common basic loops I find you can better explore your more complex ones. Then once you have your basics mastered and your exploring your larger more intricate ones you can oscilate back and forth and adjust the renditions of different loops by modifying other loops.

An example I gave to a kid once years ago who was rebelling against his parents and pissed off at the world. A guy mind you. I said, you really wanna change yourself? You really wanna find yourself? You really wanna do something strange? Your a guy right? Try sitting down to pee for a month. Every time.

I dont know for women but for men atleast for me and one or two ive talked to in length about this, we have a tendancy to follow the same pattern every time. Put hand here, pull zipper there, etc etc. Controlling your loops is first about recognizing them then about processing and understand them, then about modifying them then about observing the changes and the effects on/finding of other loops, and so on, lather, wrinse, repeat.

Time becomes a loop!

:)

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
in my "music in world cultures" class, i learned about how african music uses drumming loops called ostinatos to reach a trance like state and become possesed by a spirit. they play a pattern the exact same way over and over again up to 300 times depending on the occasion until it becomes hypnotic and people begin to lose concioussness. i think this might be why loops are commonly used in music today, especially hip hop. i think thats cool cause ive always been into beats and never knew how far back looping goes.