Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Defend Nuclear power now, you naysayers

Crimzen

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
thats so true
when you think that in the last 2000 years we've hardly even moved in terms of evolution and yet technologically we've exploded
people back then would have the same capacity to learn and use our technology
its kinda scary

(also ive done that car thing, wen u think of how fast you're going past someone whose driving in the opposite direction, it can give you chills down ur spine doing that)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Crimzen a dit:
(also ive done that car thing, wen u think of how fast you're going past someone whose driving in the opposite direction, it can give you chills down ur spine doing that)

Or a semi... those things are so FUCKING SCARY.

today a girl in my neighborhood got ran over by a semi going 25 and died... consumerism at it's finest...

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Crimzen a dit:
thats so true
when you think that in the last 2000 years we've hardly even moved in terms of evolution and yet technologically we've exploded
well, wouldn't that count as evolution? many people now have access to lots of information of any kind, scientific stuff, information on how to evolve etc., people flew to the moon (which is the first step of leaving the planet, which seems like a major step in evolution)

also, driving cars can be fucking scary.
my roommate had times in which he'd drive ridiculously fast on any occasion, sometimes drunk, more often than not stoned and if it was the case also on mushrooms or lsd. obviously he had no idea what he was doing. good thing he stopped doing all this and I got my own license :)

Sprax

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juin 2009
BananaPancake a dit:
Crimzen a dit:
thats so true
well, wouldn't that count as evolution? many people now have access to lots of information of any kind, scientific stuff, information on how to evolve etc., people flew to the moon (which is the first step of leaving the planet, which seems like a major step in evolution)
Evolution is a physical change in a species, not a change in the knowledge they acquire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
evolution as in physical changes in genetics resulting in changes to biology

the human mind hasnt changed, we've just had enough time to aquire and compile knowledge

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I was using evolution as a broader term than the way it is used in biology (heck I study biology).

Crimzen a dit:
the human mind hasnt changed
would you care to explain? because that seems pretty much like the opposite of how I feel about this.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
when i think of humans in terms of evolution, the first thing i think of is a hermit crab. the crab is not it's shell, it may exit whenever it wishes. yet the shell is it's trademark; if the shell changed, the animal itself would also change. humans are not technology so to speak, yet if the technology changes, then the human would also change.

personally, i dont really believe in the classical definition/theory of evolution as a valid solution to the evidence we have. i see:

a being changes to adapt to it's environment.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
well banana i see no evidence as to how the human mind has changed
sure there are ideas around now that werent there 2000 years ago, but again i put that down to compilation of information
thanks to technologies which allow us to communicate and spread ideas anywhere on the planet

i believe that if you were to do an experiment where you raised a child in a village that was in every detail the same as one from anywhere 2000 years ago then the child would grow up to be just as someone who was from that time

think of the amish or even look at indigenous tribes of south america or africa