Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DEA; Out of Control ?

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
"Who will stop us?" -DEA thought process

...little do they know *eventually* the karmic backlash will fuck them over in the end.

time2poop

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Nov 2008
poisoninthestain a dit:
...little do they know *eventually* the karmic backlash will fuck them over in the end.

true, and that will be quite an enjoyable day :lol:

that story is just nuts, the dea has had way too much power for way too long. let's hope "washington" doesn't stand for such arrogance

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
The fract that there was a raid is true . The rest is total BULLSHIT . Untill the DEA presents evidence no one knows why they did what they did . The report is absolutly wet whining moaning hippy shit .

I hope the DEA has shot themselves in the foot and then gets a big kick up the arse but we will have to wait and see .

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
I guess that depends on ones perspective. My point of view is that official federal policy is that the DEA is not supposed to fuck with these guys anymore.

That was what Eric Holder said.

Medical Marijuana is a states rights issue, and the local police should have been the ones instigating the process, not those jackboots at the Darthvader Eradication Administration.

The DEA is almost autonomous, it seems, and the sooner that Bush appointee is not the director, the better, in a best case scenario, maybe this will accelerate her departure.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
We were told that if people keep state laws they wont be bothered . We dont know if those people kept their states law yet .

endlessness

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
7 Mar 2008
I saw somewhere, I think it was shroomery, that they were not keeping state laws, they were giving free weed to homeless people and also selling sometimes without prescription..

dont know how true this is but if so, then we can understand a bit more why it happened (not that it justifies it, of course, we all hate the DEA)

spaced_out

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Mar 2009
As long as the DEA is in operation it is going to enforce federal laws, regardless of state laws. It's simply a question of the federal government being willing to give more power to the states to enforce appropriately.

It kind of shocks me that so many republicans do not support medical marijuana and educational programs considering that the republican party is based on states having more power and the federal government and those federal departments like the DEA having less power.

I mean, I don't trust my government as much as the next person, but we have to provide some degree of faith in basic governing. The problem ensues when departments like the DEA take that "degree of faith" and twist it all up and turn it into some sort of witch hunt against "criminals." In a city like Baltimore, with well over 50,000 addicts and a "shadow economy" reaching into the billions, one would think that more rehabilitation programs and leniency towards simple possession would be in order. Obviously heroin is different from marijuana in many ways, but at the same time I'm talking about a perspective. The DEA's intentions may have originally been to maintain a degree of safety and security in society. Generally potheads aren't breaking into your house and stealing your copper pipes to get a twenty bag of kush. But they've definitely gone well past that to the point where they're trying to enforce lifestyles instead of encourage safety.

Just like MDMA being Schedule I. It's obvious that there are medical uses, so even in a draconian society like the United States, Schedule II would theoretically be in order. Will it? Ever? Not until there is a major shift in the style of governing.

Think about it, the DEA does generally do a service to citizens to some degree. There's a serious difference between evil drug dealers cutting their heroin with seriously nutty shit or people selling fake oxycontin pills which are actually diazepam, shit like that, versus a regulated individual who grows marijuana for licensed smokers with a genuine need, or anyone who sells a clean, straight-forward substance to anyone who knows what they're getting.

I think all drugs should be legalized, which would drop the prices dramatically, thus encouraging a reduction in the projected crime that would be associated with legalization. Individuals should have to engage in some sort of educational course outlining *accurate* (i cannot stress that enough) information about drug addiction and drug-related problems. If someone is aware of the potential hazards, shouldn't they be allowed to make their own decisions regarding how they want to treat their body and live their life? That probably won't happen though, so I'd at least like to see the DEA dismantled on a federally so that state branches of the DEA were operating with and adhering to state laws while still maintaining information sharing on a national level.

As long as power is granted to the DEA on a federal level, they are going to be enforcing federally and state laws just don't matter. Government created an entity that has lost it's original purpose and is destroying our way of life.