Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Datura stramonium

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Yeah, so I was very surprised when walking down the street and from a block away a white flower caught my eye. Voila, un plante de Brugmanasia... Datura. Is this common? I've never seen it where I live, for sale or growing... But here it was very large. I was tempted to interrupt my tourism tendecies and bite a leaf off with 911 on speed dial. :lol:

Anyone see this stuff for sale in plant shops?

jaywabz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Juin 2010
ive seen people around me with angel's trumpet, i think. someone also told me they saw it at a store with a red circle crossing out a dear.

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
i have never seen Datura feral anywhere in the UK. the last winter was hard, as you know. if there were any i would be surprised if they survived the sub-zero temperatures.

Shamanita

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
5 Jan 2009
Mnemo a dit:
i have never seen Datura feral anywhere in the UK. the last winter was hard, as you know. if there were any i would be surprised if they survived the sub-zero temperatures.

they survive as a seed ;)

datura is an anual plant, so after flowering it dies
brugmansia however is perennial (so it lives for several years)

Datura is quiet easy to find here. They've got it in every garden center, as seeds or as a plant..

O_o

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Mai 2010
I see them in big garden centres during late summer. I purchased one late last year which had already flowered with large seed pods hanging from it, only cost a fiver.

Now is a good time to ask your local garden centre to order them in, they normally will order most common plants and trees by request.

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
they have a few in my local botanic gardens, but after smoking belladonna a couple of times i lost interest in it as a entheogen.
lovely plant though. good luck in your search

TueMouches

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
We find daturas in the north of France.
the temperatures in south of UK are similar in winter. Daturas have no real problems with subzero temperatures. 5 °C below zero last year.

We find them in gardens and in the nature near the towns, although it's not a very common plant.

JJJ

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
17 Avr 2004
I see brugmansia a lot, and here (Netherlands) it is sold in every garden center.

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
I'm also from the Netherlands and when I went out for some grosery's this week I walked past a flower store.
The angel's trumpets are just standing outside in front of the store.... What if some child takes a bite out of those pretty flowers. I should walk in sometime and ask if they could tell me more about this plant. Really wonder what they would tell me. Or just buy one, they smell really nice. :mrgreen:

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Yea, Brugmansia is pretty common at many plant stores around here.
It's a commercial plant, iv'e seen it many times, it's a little expensive i recall though.

MindAsh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2010
Brugmansia a dit:
Don't ask for a dose, there's plenty of documentation out there. But leave the flowers alone no matter what.
actually the flowers themselves are considered the mildest part of the plant , the roots the most toxic, and the seeds the most potent but above all else please PLEASE remember that datura is not only a delerient which differs from a hallucinogen in the sense that you cannot 99.9% of the time tell the hallucinations from reality and it is commonly reported that many forget they have even ingested a drug to begin with and most importantly Datura has a very very fine line between an entheogenic effect and a deadly one, and this particular genus of plant is one that demands the utmost of respect and should only be used under the guidance of a true tribal shaman not a typical joy tripper or a quasi new age shaman. many have died from either its effects usually due to atropine poisoning and also very often due to fatal injury such as being hit by a car or trying to fly ect. if one is looking for a delerient effect then its much safer tho still possibly fatal but instead to research original formula dramamine since at least with that you can guage your dose properly, Datura/jimson weed is not somthing you can go online and find a dose for since its potency as was stated changes throughout the time of day and also based on many factors such as subspecies and soil conditions , datura is infamously known as a soil detoxifying plant and one grown in pure organic soil differs heavily from one grown in soil along a highway or other toxic environment. please do not think of this as a party drug. also traditionally datura was taken made as a topical ointment made by withces who would apply it vaginally or anally usually on broomhandles hence the witch's flying broomstick because when applied topically instead of ingested certain chemicals ( not all of them!) but namely the most fatal ones such as atropine would not be readily absorbed through the skin and mucus membranes the way they are when ingested orally, also 99% of people do not consider it a pleasurable experience what so ever. this is a plant i cannot stress caution, maturity and respect with enough, you've been warned

MindAsh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2010
actually considering how often im noticing datura mentioned on this forum now that ive had more time to look around there should deffinitely be a sticky made outlining the dangers of datura or possibly even just making this thread a sticky on it. many have died from either its effects or due to being incapable of telling the difference of the hallucinations from reality IE jumping off something waaaay too high, not being able to see oncoming traffic ect. please consider this mods. i remember back in the early to mid 90's seeing this plant on news very much due to teenagers hearing about it and dieing

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I'd only work with the seeds anyway, just because it allows one to determine the dose as a non-tribal shaman. Just pick about 100 seeds from the SAME plant and the SAME pod if possible. Then swallow 1 seed, wait at least 24 hours, then swallow 3 of them, if yet again no effects occur, wait at least 24 hours again and go for 5 seeds. That way one can catch the potency from the specific plant material he is working with and reach the threshold effects. Perhaps with meditation and cannabis effects can be intensified and/or enriched.

But stick with smoking 100 miligram N,N-DMT if you want to blast yourself out of the sky. :mrgreen: Even though it has this fascinating element of micro cosmology (as the guy confirms in the video below with seeing the molecules) and some other features, Datura's wack.

[youtube]MmsAJSquKq8[/youtube]

[youtube]-vYF3RfzNX4[/youtube]

MindAsh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2010
Brugmansia, most ive met would say dont even play with datura period but you sound like you have the exact perfect idea for anyone who would attempt such and i respect you for this. anyone who has any curiosity of ever playing with datura should pay strong heed to what you've just stated and express exactly that level of patience. good call mate :-D

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006

This is also a perfect example of responsible use. Oh how much I wished to be a volunteer in this expirement. The dose is essential. As Jim said he's leaning towards the ground when walking, Datura means ''to incline the head'', the stories of ''flying'' come from greater amounts in where people felt as they were looking down on the earth from above.

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
As MindAsh has pointed out a psychedelic dose of Datura spp. alkaloids is dangerously close to a lethal dose
I don't much believe that there's even a responsible, "shamanic" way of approaching this dose range, it is simply too dangerous

Ahem...
Passionoxia (Passionflower + Datura spp. = EUPHORIA, VISUALS
This is an account of surprising psychedelic synergy between common passionflower and a low, safe dose of Datura spp. seeds

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008
69ron a dit:
The main alkaloid in Datura inoxia seeds it scopolamine. The alkaloid makeup is nearly 97% scopolamine. So it's very similar to taking pure scopolamine. The only difference really is that the potency varies from seed to seed.

The average seed contains about 0.4% scopolamine. This data below is based on an average seed size of average potency.

1 seed would weigh about 10 mg and contain about 40 micrograms of scopolamine.

10 seeds would weigh about 100 mg and contain about 400 micrograms of scopolamine.

20 seeds would weigh about 200 mg and contain about 800 micrograms of scopolamine.

25 seeds would weigh about 250 mg and contain about 1000 micrograms of scopolamine.

37.5 seeds would weigh about 375 mg and contain about 1500 micrograms of scopolamine.

250 seeds would weigh about 2500 mg and contain about 10,000 micrograms of scopolamine.

The adult scopolamine dose needed for medicinal effects lies between 100 and 1000 micrograms.

The adult scopolamine dose needed for mental intoxication lies between 1000 and 1500 micrograms.

The adult scopolamine dose needed for delirium lies between 1500 and 10,000 micrograms.

The adult scopolamine dose needed to end your life is about 10,000 micrograms or more. But it may be less in some people.

Doctors routinely prescribe scopolamine for many things in the dosage range of 400-800 micrograms. 1500 micrograms is considered the maximum safe dose of scopolamine. 10,000 micrograms can be lethal. Anything below 400 micrograms (10 seeds) is extremely safe and effective for boosting the effects of other psychedelics. A larger dose is not needed.

You should always assume you have super potent seeds and that you are extra sensitive to the effects of scopolamine. Those figure above are average figures. Some seeds are super potent and extra large. Dosing by seed count is not wise. Doses should be weighed in milligrams.
- Source

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
http://www.inphar.com/pages/search.asp?QR=scopoderm

Or go to a doctor and say you're suffering motion sickness to lay your hands on units of 1500 micrograms scopolamine. Cut 1/2 of the active part off of the plaster and put it under the tongue for the ingestion of presicely 750 micrograms scopolamine with no other alkaloids in addition which hardly contribute to the hallucinogenic effect but do count in the overal amount of reaching toxic levels.

I then wonder what it does in conjunction with meditation and 1 gram dried cubensis or a few hits of pure cannabis.

magickpencil

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
15 Mai 2008

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
And slows the whole digestive process from mouth to anus which probably means an extended duration if other entheogens are taken orally.