Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dark chocolate and shrooms

Cosmikdebris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2007
Anyone have experience with combining dark chocolate with shrooms?
Apparently it makes for a smoother more pleasant trip...plan to try it for myself when i have my next yield.

Cosmikdebris

thomas

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Août 2007
I have never tried Dark Chocolate and shrooms, however i have tried it after smoking pot. It tastes incredible.

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
yeah man ive heard that eating chocolate with shrooms makes for a more intense trip i havent tried it myself cause where i live its getting tougher to find shrooms but ill definately try it next time also man with any drug you take orally if you wash it down with some citrus juice it aids in the absorption of the drug by the body

thomas

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Août 2007
Gratefully_dead a dit:
...with any drug you take orally if you wash it down with some citrus juice it aids in the absorption of the drug by the body

You wouldnt happen to know what drugs that works on, would you? Like, does it work on -all- drug absorption (LSD, DXM, that sort of thing)?

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
well im pretty sure with any drug that come from plant material because the citric acid in the juice helps break down the cell wall in plant material that your body cant generally break down itself so it helps with shrooms, any cactus like san pedro and peyote, itd probably help with seeds liek morning glory and woodrose any plant material for sure

thomas

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Août 2007
hmm...that is interesting. my friend was actually going to try morning glory for the second time today with the seeds ground up in applesauce. I should tell him to take it with some orange juice or something instead (when he wakes up, that is).

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
well i hear applesauce is actually a good way to stave off the nausea the first tiem i did morning glory i just stuck them on a burger and it wasnt a very good idea lol my mouth tasted like bile the whole trip and i was at my girlfriends and had the hardcore stupids i was tryign to help her dad in the shop and i had no idea what was going on lol but yeah even if he does the applesauce just get him to chase it with some o.j. or lemonade the more acidic the better lol unless its like i dunno hydrochloric acid or something id stay away from that shit if i were you hahaha

thomas

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Août 2007
haha, yeah i know what you mean.

the first time (and only time) i have tried morning glory, i chewed up a little over a hundred seeds. chewing them was the first mistake. they tasted good at first, but then after they were in my mouth for a while the flavor was pretty bad. Thats when i swallowed.

After i absorbed it, I felt pretty good for about four or five hours. Then i ate like....two or three french fries and almost died (not literally, but still).

I remember laying down in the backyard with a headache and stomach cramps thinking "Next time.....next time I do this i am going to try something different."

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
I've heard that citric acid intensifies the trip. I once tried that with a minimal amount of phil. stones and citrons, and it really was a more intense trip. the last time I took shrooms unfortunatly :(

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
different reasons... for one part I got some kind of depersonalisation (after the trip), I had a tumor (at the moment I'm in Boston because I receive a radiation therapy), my cousin died in the age of 18 from a cerebral tumor though the doctors said that he will have a year more etc. etc. he smoked a lot of ganja, as he used to call it. at least he lived life as if he knew that it is going to end soon...
that sure was some shitty time...
now I still have some kind of depersonalisation, thanks to homeopathy not as bad as it used to be, only a little. I somehow would love to trip again, but I fear that this depersonalisation may get worse.
maybe, next summer again.

buffachino

Inscrit
7 Juin 2007
Misery, I love you man. That sucks indefinitely, I’m feeling for you!

Well this disassociation and 'depersonalisation' will no doubt increase during a trip because of the ego dissolution and loss of personal identity, yet I seem to find that no matter how shattered my ego becomes in the midst of a trip, it always comes back stronger and more conditioned to 'reality' than ever before. So I would actually recommend this course of action, although during the experience it will all seem all too strange and alien and you will completely forget who you are other than a floating, bodiless entity moving throughout an infinite pool of knowledge and experience. You will emerge with new insights into your difficulties and hopefully the identity of yourself will be more reinforced and focused.

I hope you can get some clarity and insight out of the bad times as well as the good. Good luck dude.

On topic; dark chocolate, citrus and mushrooms: combo made in heaven!
Both the coco and citric acid work to increase the rate and entirety of the absorption and also, to my mind, increases the intensity of the trip somewhat. Yet my experience with dark chocolate and mushrooms was in complete conjunction; mixed mushroom powder into the melted chocolate and reset in the freezer. The rapid heating and cooling degraded the quality or degree of psilocybin/psilocin in the mix and made it less effective than both on their own, which I recommend.

Peace.

Cosmikdebris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2007
Misery,I wish you well in your ongoing treatment and that you are on the road to complete recovery so that once more you may "Soar Angelic"

Namaste
Cosmikdebris

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
buffachino a dit:
Misery, I love you man. That sucks indefinitely, I’m feeling for you!

Well this disassociation and 'depersonalisation' will no doubt increase during a trip because of the ego dissolution and loss of personal identity, yet I seem to find that no matter how shattered my ego becomes in the midst of a trip, it always comes back stronger and more conditioned to 'reality' than ever before. So I would actually recommend this course of action, although during the experience it will all seem all too strange and alien and you will completely forget who you are other than a floating, bodiless entity moving throughout an infinite pool of knowledge and experience. You will emerge with new insights into your difficulties and hopefully the identity of yourself will be more reinforced and focused.

I hope you can get some clarity and insight out of the bad times as well as the good. Good luck dude.

thank you so much for the kind words buff :D

well, I thought it's worse during the trip. my actual fear is that it will stay. because, these dissociation feelings of the shroom trip wore off after some time, about 2 or 3 weeks and they weren't toooo bad.
but on the next day of an evening, on which many things were consumed in large quantities (weed, wormwood, laughinggas, salvia...), I smoked a really small joint, and after that I almost freaked out because of the depersonalisation and the depression which came with it.. as you may can imagine, I really regret this evening. in the end I think it was that kind of evening, in which other people go out and drink alcohol till they don't know themselves anymore.. it was just some "being away" from the real world. I didn't know that this was the purpose of that evening that time...
I had the luck that I had a an appointment with the homeopath the next day. and it got better every day. of course it could have been a bit the same like after the shrooms (so that it wears off), but I wouldn't want to test that...

BUT, times are changing, my tumor won't grow anymore with a 90% chance (I won't be allowed to smoke anymore, but I'll survive that), I met a wonderful woman, and maybe we will go for a trip next summer, when the time comes and the days get warmer, flowers start to bloom etc.
I also thought that I may get some insight through shrooms, but I didn't dare to take them, which I think was better.
a theory of mine why I got this depersonalisation is because I kind of suppressed my feelings and thoughts about this whole tumor thing. not that I did that consciously. this somehow gave me the feeling that I am dealing with this whole thing good, but well, you get the point.

anyway I was going to open a thread about that sooner or later anyway, no need to post so much offtopic in the cocoa thread =)

edit: thank you very much, cosmik :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I smoked a really small joint, and after that I almost freaked out because of the depersonalisation and the depression which came with it..

Quit the weed, it can be really extreme if you react badly to it. I can do strong shroom trips, not a problem - but give me weed and the paranoia starts (and I mean real bad paranoia).

About the chocolate: i think chocolate (cocoa powder in my case) slows down the trip at first, but then it takes you a little further. I think pure chocolate is a weak MAOI (maybe? I think I read this somewhere, and it would fit the pattern)

Soaking the shrooms in lemon before making tea shoots you up really fast, but with chocolate you reach more spiritual heights. Something like that (and as always I can't prove any of this, it's only my subjective experience from dozens of trips)

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
tryptonaut a dit:
I smoked a really small joint, and after that I almost freaked out because of the depersonalisation and the depression which came with it..

Quit the weed, it can be really extreme if you react badly to it. I can do strong shroom trips, not a problem - but give me weed and the paranoia starts (and I mean real bad paranoia).
well, these are two different things. anyway, after some time I smoked some weed again and nothing happend.
except for one time I got really high and I got laughinggas/salvia like effects o.O but only for one moment because then I stoof up and went home with a friend, which was really fun.
well, at the moment I am "clean" anyway. I'll see how I'll react to weed in 4 weeks

Cosmikdebris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Août 2007
I've been weed free for exactly one year this week!Quit it in Amsterdam of all places lol...25 years of toking was fun for the most part but was taking me nowhere,making me apathetic and generally, a lazy bastard lol.
Now Psychedelics and Entheogens are my only vices and am opening my mind to new possibilities and seeing what this world could and,should be!

Namaste
Cosmikdebris

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
this was very popular on my places a few yrs ago, but i think they did it mostly for camouflage and not for any properties, LOL good days.. 10 dudes walkin around bars,cafe's ,fast foods teasin ppl with big ass chocolate bars on each hand saturday night... :lol: :lol:

rf360rf360

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
20 Nov 2007
yeah dark chocolate is really good with shrooms! I even like the 99 percent dark chocolate, that may be peculiar thing to eat in reality... With my friends we always take a lot of dark chocolate when on shrooms, because it makes a kind of orgasmic feeling when you taste it... it's like discovering a new taste different from the reality one!

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Lemon juice increases the trip A LOT!!!! I had a big, BIG surprise when I tried 2-2.5g of extremely potent shrooms with lemon juice, MUCH stronger than I could ever have imagined. I had to leave my friends and go lie down in my car for 2 hours because the effect was so intense that my friends seemed like aliens to me and communication had become impossible. It was the most intense trip of my life. When I was lying in my car it was hell, I was feeling very bad, I felt like my body was screaming "GO TO SLEEP" to me but off course that was impossible. Then I went to pee, and didn't feel like lying down again, so I took my Ipod, put on some music and went for a walk in the streets. Then I started tripping, hell, anyone that saw me probably took me for a crazy drunk schizophrenic in psychosis, but damn, I never had so much fun in my whole life. Imagine a man that is half walking, half running, half dancing and half cavorting in the street like crazy with a huge smile in the face and tears of joy constantly flowing from his eyes. That is about what I must have looked like :P