Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Danger of Islam!

Statut
N'est pas ouverte pour d'autres réponses.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Translating some essential texts into Arabic is still high on my to-do list. But there's a lot on that list...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^add watching the documentary 'Reel Bad Arabs' to that list. It is interesting to see the stereotyping in movies and media exposed in this film.

1comma4butanediol

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
26 Mai 2009
Wow, long thread. Lots going on in here. I'll just add a short little post to throw my 2 cents into the mix.

----

I don't care for any religion, esspecially those that are organized with centers of religious authority (churches, temples, mosques, etc., with prechers, pastors, popes, cardinals, rabbi, imams, etc.) and those with a text or book that is generally taken to be correct for all time and generally cannot change (Bible, Qur'an, Torah, etc.).

These religions, while perhaps beautiful and respectible when taken only as a pure idea (though I only admit this is a possibility, I don't think even the pure "idea" form of any religion I know anything about is completely beautiful or respectible) always seem to fail when implemented by man/woman. Just as communism seems like a great idea but always seems to fail in practice, so too does religion fail to spread good around the world.

Religions are like nationalism. "My country is the best and I will defend it to the death" sounds the same as "My religion is the 'one true religion' and I will defend it to the death," to me. They seem the same. Nationalism and religion serve to create those that are part of the particular country or religion and those that are not part of it and are against it.

Wars are then fought between those that beleive and those that do not. Sometimes the wars are direclty violent involving guns and bombs, countries and states. Sometimes the wars are indirectly violent. As one example, I think some Christians in the US support anti-drug laws which then cause police to use violent force against drug users and lock them up.

The implementations fail to live up to the ideal. I would like to see all religions go away.

----

That said, this thread is an obvious and particularly propogandist thread against islam those that practice it. At least, it sure started that way. It would be great if people would stop attacking a single relegion and make arguments against them all, IMHO.

If one is religious and attacking a single other religion, that person is exactly part of the problem I outline above, and likely a hippocrate as well.

If one is not religious and is attacking a single religion, I think they're missing the "forest for the trees" as the expression goes.

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
Ahuaeynjxs a dit:
Isn't it funny how our operator just disapeared conveniently without even leaving a goodbys message ? Lets traduce texts in arabic... right, like you were ever going to do that, with some Zest.

Just like Pariah, and others...

No....I am here. I am not disappeared.
It was CMs great idea to translate psychedelic information into Arabic not mine

I had assumed it would be a simple case of using Google translation, but CM said that it was more complex and needed translators who know Arabic---because for example, if you type 'psychedelic' in the Google translator you get 'drugs'

So that is not good. I think this is important idea because it is psychedelics that can help dissolve rigid worldviews
But with this also has to come freedom of speech. freedom of exploration.
Ie., I have talked to people who even though they have had psychedelics yet still think that all the experience was merely a 'chemical ride'---ie., they still, in other words, adhere to scientific materialism. They dont, or won't, see, feel, understand nature is sacred

Same with someone in a religious belief system. Would they use psychedelics in a way that might accentuate a false belief system? has this happened in the past, and we need to be aware and wary of this?

All that needs freedom to explore...How it all interconnects....We need new tales to tell that do not divide nor harm other species nor nature...

zezt

Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
1comma4butanediol a dit:
... this thread is an obvious and particularly propogandist thread against islam those that practice it. At least, it sure started that way. It would be great if people would stop attacking a single relegion and make arguments against them all, IMHO.

If one is religious and attacking a single other religion, that person is exactly part of the problem I outline above, and likely a hippocrate as well.

If one is not religious and is attacking a single religion, I think they're missing the "forest for the trees" as the expression goes.

I started the thread to explore the danger of Islam, but myself and others have also have pointed out danger of other fundamental beliefs, including scientism.

Obviously because the thread is titled 'danger of islam' that is main focus, but there has been ample exploration of other toxic beliefs.

IF I had started a thread titled 'danger of christianity' I seriously doubt an eyebrow would have been raised, but ISLAM and all the hypocrisy comes from the 'politically correct' left. Not that I am 'right neither. I dont know what I am. I am with the indigenous peoples looking at this nightmare of history and what is happening to planet earth!

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Not that I'm looking to repeat myself again, but the roman catholic church has killed how much more than islamist terrorists ?

And they claim to follow the commandements, thou shalt not kill. There is a similar instruction in the Koran... if people don't even understand their holy book, they are obviously not religious.

The religion is not dangerous, the fact that WE let people twist and mold religion to their ideals and psycho-somatic delusions is dangerous. And we know full well who did this.

Industrial interests, since rome. How much more convenient it is to have the rulers of the world create two completely fake factions, and have them war on each other... as the interest for god and the devil waned down, they invented the classical 4 faction system. Eastern and Western, Christians and Muslims.

Does not take a genius to figure it out... that does not mean that Mohammed was a crazed zealot and his goal in life was to ascend to heaven to 73 virgins ; perhaps the idea even disgusted him.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
stop it. I will close this thread now and if someone feels the urge to open it again, tell me or Fork (or any mod) will do it. This "discussion" is running in cycles and it is not productive. If you wanna translate your stuff to arabic, just go on.

Statut
N'est pas ouverte pour d'autres réponses.