Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

curious about a mix

G

Invité
hi!

although i am new here, i think everyone has some sort of prejudice against heroin. let's think backwards: if i payed attention to the hippies and thought: "they only do marijuana and they can't end a sentence...i do not want to be like them, so, i will never try it". i know lots of people that do marijuana everyday and are like them (at least, the hippies I know), and another type of person that does marijuana when he/she pleases and is perfectly aware of the world. why should heroin be different ?
i've tried heroin and i did not became an addicted. i do heroin sometimes (once in two or three months) and i do not find myself an addicted - i guess it depends on the person that does it. from my experience, i think that is as easy a person to become a marijuana or heroin dependent as another person become a alcohol or cocaine addicted. i've done all the "old-school drugs" and i guess one could never leave some drugs. but, if you want and free your mind before trying it...you shouldn't be worried.
by the way, i've never tryied that strange mix, but i would like to, seems interesting. :thud:

take care

DrDreez

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2005
if i payed attention to the hippies and thought: "they only do marijuana and they can't end a sentence...i do not want to be like them, so, i will never try it". i know lots of people that do marijuana everyday and are like them (at least, the hippies I know), and another type of person that does marijuana when he/she pleases and is perfectly aware of the world. that is as easy a person to become a marijuana or heroin dependent as another person become a alcohol or cocaine addicted.

Yeah right! Every drug has a different type of addiction coming with it. Saying that coke-,heroin-,cannabis- and alcohol-addiction are the same... bullshit! And by the way, i smoke joints EVERY DAY and you are telling me that i can't even finish a sentence? And i am a hippie! HAHA! I'm not even an addict, i always have a period in the year when i don't smoke. I'm not the one to judge heroin-use, but please, don't come up with the point that pottheads are junkies and hero-users aren't. :thumbdown:

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
And I am a peace and love hippie, and I havent smoked cannabis the last year! And as DrDreez noted, every adiction is diverent. and a heroin adiction is far stronger than any cannabis adiction!

G

Invité
i did not intended to say that every joint smoker cannot end a sentence; as well, i did not intented to say that marijuana and heroin have the same "addiction rate" in the general population. i was just talking about my own experiences, i was talking about how I find them equally addictive (almost addiction-free). but i cannot say that heroin has destroyed as many lifes as marijuana did. if I said so, I think all of you should burn me alive and smoke me (i belive you would get OD ) :lolwsign:

heroin is a life killer, as i already have seen. people that cannot think unless they have a fix in 5-10 minutes. a father of a friend of mine used to work in the rehab (here in portugal it has a different name, and I think, different proposes, i am not sure) and if the "inmates" wouldn't get a morphine fix at the scheduled 2P.M., someone would get stabbed in the back and probably would die. this is heavy heroin abuse.
i find that marijuana abusers can stop smoking (or eating it - i had a friend that just ate them, didn't like the smoke) far more easily. but heavy marijuana users have real brain problems, as they cannot have a linear conversation, start free-associating thoughts, and, sometimes, cannot end a sentence. i said, HEAVY marijuana smokers (or eaters). if you do not experience any of those problems, you are on the right track, i think: have all the benefits a drug can give you, and none of its possible negative aspects. i also think like that, although i only smoke marijuana (or anything derived from it) very, very rarely in the past 2 years.
if i did not made myself clear, i encourage the consuption of drugs, as long as the person is prepared mentally and physically.

and...i am not against hippies! i like their lifestyle, and i have a friend that lives in a hippie community. i just wish that they didn't smoke that much, because i like to talk to them, and sometimes is very hard :grin:

DrDreez

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2005
If you find heroin- and cannabisaddiction the same, for yourself, you should call yourself a lucky (wo)man. I smoke about 4 joints average on one day. However i do not have any problem to stop for a whole month (i always hold a smoke-free month per year). I do notice some very minor problems with my brain, short-term memory problems, But they are so minimal, that they could also be from the 'maturing' of my brains. Childrens brains work and learn faster dan adult brains. In the first post i did understand you a bit wrong, but if you put it like above, i can follow you. Greetz!

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Addiction is a very strange thing. I was once a marihuana addict, I smoked a bong or two even before breakfast and I couldn't be a day without smoking. I became very irritated, depressed and angry when I didn't have any cannabis.
Then came the time when I suddenly realized that I did not like being high on marihuana anymore. I became more and more paranoid when high, I saw that I wasn't really able to communicate with people anymore and so on. From that point on I smoked less and less - even without really wanting to quit. Suddenly it wasn't difficult anymore to quit! It wasn't the "rational me" which said "stop!" - it was my subconsciousness that wanted to quit (the part of your brain that usually keeps you going on even when you want to quit...)
Now I smoke like once every two or three months, when somebody offers me a joint (but I only take one or two drags)

However I don't think it's that easy with opiates, because once you're addicted, your body is addicted as well - it's not only psychological like with the marihuana.

G

Invité
the same part on your brain that tells you to keep going or to stop it, never told me to get addicted or that it needed heroin, or alcohol, or anything.
maybe i have a defective brain, or something. i've smoked tobacco for four years, about 20-25 cigars a day, and last week, i've tried to quit. i felt i was far more addicted to the ACTION of the cigar in my mouth and in my finger than addicted to the nicotine, which i did not felt any of the psicological "hangover" that most people tell me about. the same with all the drugs I use. i really like to use them once, and then really get into them for about a month or two, several times a day, so I can understand how it works, what are it's side effects, and so on. i like to study the drugs in my mind and in my body - i belive it makes me understand better myself, because I only have my own feelings...

anyway, it's hard to explain. but i guess i'm lucky...i never forget that I only do it because I want to know my mind and the things that one cannot understand naturally...peace!

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
i've smoked tobacco for four years, about 20-25 cigars a day, and last week, i've tried to quit. i felt i was far more addicted to the ACTION of the cigar in my mouth and in my finger than addicted to the nicotine, which i did not felt any of the psicological "hangover" that most people tell me about. the same with all the drugs I use.
The habit is definatly the worst part of a smoking addiction. I stopped smoking now for two weeks and it's fuckin' hard. I use toothpicks just to have something in my mouth. It's funny how people think I'm working on a 'though guy' image :p.

As for heroin, from what I heard of it, it's an entheogen drug. Though the addiction is so heavy, that I wouldn't try it. Mixing it with shrooms could be really fun, but as all the other have said, it's really stupid to continue using heroin.

Daytripper, you just sound like a regular psychonaut to me. Except I like to limit my experiences to about 4 to 8 times a year with each drug

DrDreez

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
26 Juin 2005
Yeah to quit smoking fucking bites. At school you normally love a break. But now, i only get more nervous during breaks then during lessons. But i'm not giving up! Tobacco is the silliest drug i ever got addicted on and it's not even usefull! The occational joint however...

G

Invité
i stopped smoking when i begin to thought that i was smoking something that will never get me high. and besides, i was filling portuguese goverment's pockets with my money, which I could save and buy myself a nice pack of really nasty drugs. it worked for me. even now, if I have the need to smoke i do some serious push-ups until my body is more focused on the tiredness than on a stupid cigar!

peace!