Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

could I naturally have a tollerance to LSD?

meanbud

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Juin 2008
I am sort of new to the whole LSD scene and was very excited to get my hands on some legit stuff for the first time, and I took one about 4 days after I got it and didnt feel a thing.. it was sort of a small tab but I had many friends vouch for the quality of the cid and one even tripped off of one he also got, but I didnt trip at all. I recently took another tab that was bigger than the first and the only reaction I got was that I became really emotional, thats it. Could it be that I have a high tolerance to hallucinogenics or what?

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
If in doubt, double the dose :wink:

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
If in doubt, double the dose

This can work, but don't go for it directly. It can be dangerous doubling your dose(menally acourse). I would suggest trying it once more, with a different source. Maybe the souce was not good. One of the hits could have been good, but others may have not been good. Do you eat before you take your dose? Try fasting a little to increase the absorbtion. Are you big, small guy?

PEACE & LOVE

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
was it on paper? handling and poor storage can destroy trips. also your friend may have just thaught he was getting a hit.

JustinNed

Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
I've seen people freak out after eating fake acid all due to placebo. I agree with "when in doubt, double the dose." ;)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Sounds like weak/old acid to me. There is probably very little LSD on those tabs. How long was your trip? If it was like 6 hours or less, then yes, you had a very weak dose. Good acid lasts like no less than 10 hours in my experience, usually 12 or more.

The last time I had a weak tab two hits did practically nothing other than a mild 5-hour emotional/mental trip with almost no visuals other than spacial distortion and a bit of geometric CEV. I'd probably have to do 3-4 hits of that stuff to get an ok trip. (Tho combining it with hash worked wonders!)

I think if you get the real deal 150mic tab (or take that much by way of multiple tabs), you'd be tripping balls unless you were some kind of alien or robot. There are still GOOD tabs floating around, but they are hard to come by unless you have the right connections. Unfortunately in my limited experience most tabs floating around out there are shit. And a surprising amount of people I've run into have only tried weak, old or shitty tabs and have no idea what the real acid experience is like. I think it is a combination of JustinNed's observed placebo effect and a small amount of weak acid..

If you decide to take two hits next time make sure you wait for at least a few days (as there is a tolerance factor to contend with). Was your second time around a few days or longer after the first attempt?

Lastly (sorry for the long post) if you are feeling the buzz, and have taken a moderate dose but don't see anything, try slipping away from your friends for a few minutes, relaxing, meditating, closing your eyes, staring at some patterns etc. If there is even a mild dose in your system you should at least see some effects!

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Acid used to be very visual for me the first couple of times. But it has gotten less (same quality/batch of acid, even increased (double) doses to make up for possible storage problems). I do experience a new depth however, which I probably wouldn't have noticed two years ago. I don't mind not seeing visuals any longer, as I can perceive an idea more clearly than before.

I guess my point is that tripping does not equal visuals and that sometimes looking too hard for those visuals makes them retreat into the ever receding abyss of consciousness. Visuals don't mean shit without emotions/thoughts/memory/awareness. If you know and take care of yourself (=do what you know you need to do), it doesn't matter if there are visuals or not.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Forkbender a dit:
I guess my point is that tripping does not equal visuals.

Agreed, hence why something very visual like 2CI will never replace acid or mushrooms in my book. It's fun, but doesn't "sate" me.

For me the visual element of acid is part of the interaction of memory, imagination, the creation of new memories.. and of course the sensory crossover I get from acid. Thought patterns trigger memories, trigger visuals. Especially during the closed-eye trip.

Also I do find that when relaxing and meditating, eg. looking at paintings for a long time.. acid becomes visual in an exponential kind of way. Social trips for me usually aren't all that visual unless I'm on one crazy dose, because I'm too distracted by the thought processes of moving about and communicating.

Finally I guess, the less often I trip, the more visual it is. And also, every trip for me ends up being about different thoughts and senses. The first time I tripped was on a moderate dose. Time stopped, motion stopped--frozen in its tracks. I've never experienced that again as much as I've wanted to.

Oracle

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Avr 2008
Real legit lsd is hard to get because you have to be a high ranking chemist or a member of the hells angels to get any of the supply's needed to synth it. Therefore there are only a handful of people in the world who can make it.

meanbud

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Juin 2008
druglessdouglas a dit:
was it on paper? handling and poor storage can destroy trips. also your friend may have just thaught he was getting a hit.

ya it was little paper squares. i didnt touch the surface at all, just the edges, and i wrapped it in tin foil. I took many precautions to ensure the potency of the cid. and when my friend got home he took one of the tabs and fried pretty hard on it.

meanbud

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Juin 2008
JustinNed a dit:
I've seen people freak out after eating fake acid all due to placebo. I agree with "when in doubt, double the dose." ;)

what is placebo?

meanbud

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Juin 2008
st.bot.32 a dit:
Sounds like weak/old acid to me. There is probably very little LSD on those tabs. How long was your trip? If it was like 6 hours or less, then yes, you had a very weak dose. Good acid lasts like no less than 10 hours in my experience, usually 12 or more.

The last time I had a weak tab two hits did practically nothing other than a mild 5-hour emotional/mental trip with almost no visuals other than spacial distortion and a bit of geometric CEV. I'd probably have to do 3-4 hits of that stuff to get an ok trip. (Tho combining it with hash worked wonders!)

I think if you get the real deal 150mic tab (or take that much by way of multiple tabs), you'd be tripping balls unless you were some kind of alien or robot. There are still GOOD tabs floating around, but they are hard to come by unless you have the right connections. Unfortunately in my limited experience most tabs floating around out there are shit. And a surprising amount of people I've run into have only tried weak, old or shitty tabs and have no idea what the real acid experience is like. I think it is a combination of JustinNed's observed placebo effect and a small amount of weak acid..

If you decide to take two hits next time make sure you wait for at least a few days (as there is a tolerance factor to contend with). Was your second time around a few days or longer after the first attempt?

Lastly (sorry for the long post) if you are feeling the buzz, and have taken a moderate dose but don't see anything, try slipping away from your friends for a few minutes, relaxing, meditating, closing your eyes, staring at some patterns etc. If there is even a mild dose in your system you should at least see some effects!

i didnt trip at all the first time, not even a little bit.

how would I combine it with hash?

JustinNed's placebo effect?

I dropped the second tab one week after the first one, just to be sure.

thanks for the input :D

meanbud

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Juin 2008
Forkbender a dit:
Acid used to be very visual for me the first couple of times. But it has gotten less (same quality/batch of acid, even increased (double) doses to make up for possible storage problems). I do experience a new depth however, which I probably wouldn't have noticed two years ago. I don't mind not seeing visuals any longer, as I can perceive an idea more clearly than before.

I guess my point is that tripping does not equal visuals and that sometimes looking too hard for those visuals makes them retreat into the ever receding abyss of consciousness. Visuals don't mean shit without emotions/thoughts/memory/awareness. If you know and take care of yourself (=do what you know you need to do), it doesn't matter if there are visuals or not.

dang I know exactly what your talking about, like if I try and look for hallucinations too hard they wont come.. I will take that into concideration :D

If you know and take care of yourself (=do what you know you need to do), it doesn't matter if there are visuals or not:
do you mean like, be conscious that I am on a drug and it is not just me?

meanbud

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
3 Juin 2008
st.bot.32 a dit:
Forkbender a dit:
I guess my point is that tripping does not equal visuals.

Agreed, hence why something very visual like 2CI will never replace acid or mushrooms in my book. It's fun, but doesn't "sate" me.

For me the visual element of acid is part of the interaction of memory, imagination, the creation of new memories.. and of course the sensory crossover I get from acid. Thought patterns trigger memories, trigger visuals. Especially during the closed-eye trip.

Also I do find that when relaxing and meditating, eg. looking at paintings for a long time.. acid becomes visual in an exponential kind of way. Social trips for me usually aren't all that visual unless I'm on one crazy dose, because I'm too distracted by the thought processes of moving about and communicating.

Finally I guess, the less often I trip, the more visual it is. And also, every trip for me ends up being about different thoughts and senses. The first time I tripped was on a moderate dose. Time stopped, motion stopped--frozen in its tracks. I've never experienced that again as much as I've wanted to.

what is 2CI??

and I did not relax or meditate or look at paintings or anything, I was pretty much talking and moving throughout the entire experience. when you are on a social trip, what do you experience?

that first trip sounds amazing :)

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
a good dose of acid will produce visuals no mater how experienced or used to tripping you are. if you dont get visuals you have been sold short. its as simple as that :roll:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
meanbud a dit:
If you know and take care of yourself (=do what you know you need to do), it doesn't matter if there are visuals or not:
do you mean like, be conscious that I am on a drug and it is not just me?

No. Then you are resisting, which isn't a good thing with any drug. I mean that if you take a drug for gaining consciousness and personal healing, you let the drug do whatever it needs to do. Trust the drug and don't cling to the superficial effects.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
druglessdouglas a dit:
a good dose of acid will produce visuals no mater how experienced or used to tripping you are. if you dont get visuals you have been sold short. its as simple as that :roll:

This is user-dependent. I know a girl who trips a lot (and definitely on good quality acid) and who doesn't have any visuals. EVER. But she continues doing it, because it is a body/emotional trip for her every time.

In my case, the visuals are still there, there are waves of it, but most of the time I'm just in a calm state, where I see no more than a single light if I close my eyes.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
meanbud a dit:
how would I combine it with hash?

what is 2CI??

and I did not relax or meditate or look at paintings or anything, I was pretty much talking and moving throughout the entire experience. when you are on a social trip, what do you experience?

hmm well for hash, I don't always mix the two (because it really changes the trip for me)... but if i'm going to combine the two I just wait until I'm comfortable with the trip, then smoke a bit of hash.

and as for 2CI, here's the page on it from PiHKAL with trip reports: http://www.erowid.org/library/books_onl ... l033.shtml
It is a phenethylamine that in small doses produces visuals similar to the geometrical patterns and tracers/afterimages you see on LSD.. but the mind trip is far less pronounced (at least for me).. you have to really relax to get into the trip. also when I close my eyes on 2CI i just see nifty geometry sweeping about, the fascinating imagery evoked from memory/imagination etc I have on acid isn't there. not to say it wasn't a worthwhile experience, it has its subtleties.

for me the difference between a social trip and a solo trip is that during a solo trip you can focus.. relax, meditate, in doing so the trip for me becomes much deeper. the longer you stay in one setting, the more the visuals become enhanced as well. during a social trip i'm generally moving about too much, talking, to really get into the trance state, at the same time you tend to get into great conversations and interactions with people. both kinds of trips are great, better yet, combining the two--my best trip i peaked alone for an hour or so (not that time had any meaning), then spent the rest of the evening with friends.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Forkbender a dit:
This is user-dependent. I know a girl who trips a lot (and definitely on good quality acid) and who doesn't have any visuals. EVER. But she continues doing it, because it is a body/emotional trip for her every time.

In my case, the visuals are still there, there are waves of it, but most of the time I'm just in a calm state, where I see no more than a single light if I close my eyes.

I tend to take acid every few months when it breezes my way and I can say some trips are more visual than others, but overall the amount of visuals I get hasn't really changed for me at all. Even a threshold dose produces some visual distortion when I'm deeply relaxed/in a trance. Sort of like a switch flipping, and I know I'm "there."

The emotions and memories that come out on acid are fascinating to me and sometimes offer insight, but the real reason I do it is that as a musician and artist I want to explore my senses, hence when I take acid I am focusing on the interaction of my senses with the world, how my senses intertwine, the crossing of information between the senses, language, memory. I want to know how the visual cortex processes the world, how it traces objects, how it perceives things and how memory fills in the gaps. The last time I took a very good (STRONG) half tab I thought a crystal alien entity was coming through my living room wall, before the cd shelves melted like a salvador dali painting. but I'm paying attention to my senses and allowing myself to enter into these realms of thought.

The closed-eye trip for me enters into a world of semi-lucid dreams, sometimes getting buried in layers of them almost forgetting how to get out. In this state the visuals are frequently manifestations and hints of my internal processing of thoughts, memories, words, sounds etc.

I wonder how much what elements of the trip you focus on change the nature of the trip (sensory, memory, emotional, body, etc).