Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Chilling out music

chavhunter

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Nov 2006
so what does everyone like to listen to when they get high? me and my mates all like to chill out with some green and put some god music on but opinions differ. most of my mates listen to metal when stoned, some people prefer rap, i personally go for the chilled out stuff. couple of my favourite tracks would be Pantera's cover of Black Sabbath's "Planet Caravan" and Joe Satriani's "Day at the Beach", really slow mellow stuff. any other recommendations?

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
i like listening metal stoned too, especially really fucked up metal, like japanische kampfhörspiele (if interested) or jack slater (if interested again ;)).
or breakcore, like venetian snares. just lying in bed, closed eyes, and venetian snares, revealing the chaos, finding the (with no doubt) genious system behind the "noise". since I have been listening to such music stoned, I understand it much better. same for aphex twin. once listened stoned, the music will never be the same anymore, it gets something magically enhanced, leaving the chaos behind you.

to answer your question:
chill out music (I prefer): Amon Tobin, Amon Dül II (gotta love their first album "phallus dei"), esbjörn svensson trio, the ambient works of Aphex Twin, dispatch (if you like jack johnson you will love this. I don't like that kind of music anymore. but nonetheless it could be that you like it ;) ), faust, GILA (my personal chill out favourite), Jaga Jazzist, Lali Puna, Ludwig van Beethoven ;) and Ravi Shankar (indian music, with a sitar)
There are a few more, but I think that's enough. no wait, I forgot Wisp (free albums here

chavhunter

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Nov 2006
thanks, ill check some of those out. would never have thought of ravi shankar, nice one!!! in the mean time ill stick to my pantera. 5 minutes alooooooooooooone!!! \m/ :D

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
I can only find .ram files of the music I had in mind. It's from Astor Piazzolla: Soledad. Maybe it sounds a bit sad and moody, but I really love it.

You can find it here.

Or kind of blue by Miles Davis.

I don't smoke, but I can imagine it sounds good when stoned. I think you even might get stoned just by listening to this music.

h0ll0wd0ll

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
shpongle :D
shapeshifter ... beautiful soundscapes, some really trippy stuff ;)
biosphere ... also quite trippy.
thievery corporation ... downtempo chilling beats

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Shpongle ! :P
Bella Sonus
Back to Earth

Misc new age style musics (but not too much soothing)

G

Invité
h0ll0wd0ll a dit:
biosphere ... also quite trippy.

Biosphere is a hero, I'm a big, no make that huge fan of ambient!
The things I like to listen when high (usually depending on what high and in what mood I am:

Ambient:
-Biosphere
-Robert Rich
-Off the sky
-Arovane
-Ezekiel Honig & Morgan Packard
-Mokira
-Stars of the Lid
-Loscil
-Helios
-Steve Roach
-Pan American
-Bola
-Beneath the Lake
-Machinefabriek
-Harold Budd
-Brian Eno
-Ab Ovo
-Klaus Schulze
-Marc Leclair
-Hecq
-Tim Hecker

(and I could go on forever........)

Chilled electronica:
-Amon Tobin (also 1 of my big heroes, but some of his tracks I can't chill to 'cause the guy makes killer beats and they always drive me mental :D (in a good way))
-Board of Canada
-Deadbeat (nice electronica dub)
-Deaf Center
-Blue States
-Bluetech
-Julien Neto
-Kettel
-Pan Sonic
-Juno Reactor
-Sabres of Paradise (very much like Shpongle)
-Squarepuser
-Triosk
-Vidna Obmana
-Vromb
-Vladislav Delay
-Apparat

Singer/Songwriter-Acoustic/Electronic-Sweet music
-Eluvium (this guy's music, if you've got the right album touches right in the heart)
-Damien Rice
-Xavier Rudd
-Fink
-Hanne Hukkelberg
-Tunng
-Mum
-Silvain Chauveau
-Max Richter
-the Album Leaf
-A Silver Mount Zion Orchestral, Memorial & Tra-la-la-band
-Godspeed You Black Emperor
-Emilliana Torrini
-Under Byen
-Sigur Ros (because I'm not gonna do a post-rock section, its in this group :D)
-Emilie Simon

Goa/Psy stuff
-Shpongle (ofcourse)
-Younger Brother
-Chromatone
-Astrix
-GMS
-Skazi
-Infected Mushroom
(the well know things ;) I don't know much about psy...)

And these are just a few fine things of my collection :mrgreen:

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Let's see, uh, I've never heard of any of those.

Paz, I love Miles Davis as well. Ravi Shankar is also great. But, like Misery, I also love metal. Not so much when I'm stoned. I live in a city that is known for its punk and metal scene, so there's always good shows to go to, and I've got a couple friends in bands who I promote and do art work for. My favorite metal band is GWAR who I'm going to see for the 8th time on new year's eve. I'll have to check out Venetian Snares and Aphex Twin, they sound like something I could get in to.

But my favorite kind of music for just relaxing on a sunny afternoon is traditional, American bluegrass. Banjos and mandolins soothe my soul like nothing else. I also play harmonica for a few local bands, so it's the kind of music I really get into, but I listen to pretty much everything.

I really like classical when I'm working on a painting; Beethoven, Brahm, Bach, Shupert, etc.

G

Invité
I used to listen to metal, but that was because my gf at that moment listened to it.

I've got almost everything brought out (on cd) by Aphex and Vsnares

I forgot to mention the jazz things I like, but then the list would get longer and longer and longer...

chavhunter

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Nov 2006
cheers guys, got a few good suggestions there. got me some slow smooth jazz (miles davis, chick corea type stuff). might experiment with some electronica though i usually hate electronic music. all about the heavy metal!!!

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
damn i can't believe no one said radiohead (its my fav) also the cliche Pink Floyd . I was on mushies and Dark Side blew my fucking mind (the clocks,man!)

Ton

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Sept 2005
If you like acoustic music you should try to find some music by Nick Drake. It's really beautiful and calm, I love it.

Jimmy_Kalahari

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
I like to play music that goes along at a near heart rate bpm (122-132bpm), I tested my music on a few group trips, and all the trippers were very impressed with the music and kept playing it for weeks and weeks.

So what music am I talking about. It's house music, but not the commercial stuff you usually hear in clubs, but quality tunes with depth and beautifull sounds. I feel on my shroomtrips that the intensity and beauty of the trip intensifies whenever a really good part comes by.

I liked the following compilations, mostly around 75 minutes of mixed music.

Hernan Cattaneo - South America (2002) CD1/CD2
Hernan Cattaneo - Renaissance the master series vol1. (2004) CD1
Hernan Cattaneo - Renaissance the master series vol2. (2005) CD2
Hernan Cattaneo - Sequential (2006) CD1/CD2
Pete Heller and Satoshi Tomii - Live and Clubbin @ Amsterdam
Deep Dish - Toronto CD1
Deep Dish - Yoshiesque 2 CD1/CD2
Lemon 8 - The inner Sanctuary sessions CD1/CD2

Further I like some loose tracks by : Dousk, Alexander Church, Lemon 8, Circulation, Weekend World, PQM, Casa Flava, the Freerange label and loads more.

Happy listening :)

Adrenochromatik

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Avr 2006
Scorn "evanescence" ...... the best when you re hight!! Boards of canada, high tone, Les boucles etranges ...

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Shostakovich symphony #10 the first movement by Chicago symphony orchestre conductor Sir Georg Solti. Especcially the part where the bassoons together with contra bassoon come in gives me the shivers. This music is better than any trip I've had so far, but musical taste differs ofcourse. Why did I forget to listen to this on a trip? :idea:

G

Invité
UTHTURN a dit:
damn i can't believe no one said radiohead (its my fav)

I do like radiohead, but mostly Kid A... The most electronic album of them all :D

G

Invité
Well, I don't smoke pot, but I STRONGLY advice anyone here to listen to "Subliminal Melancholies" from Electrypnose, it's one of the best PsyAmbient cd I've ever bought (well, haven't bought alot of cd actually, but even in 10 years when I'll have tons of them, it'll sure still be one of the coolest me thinks :D )...

Some tracks on this album, especially "Mountains Landscape" & "Neverending Story", are just... ...wow...