Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cannabis and Dreaming

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Just curious if anyone here is able to dream/recollect their dreams on a smoking night.

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Nope.

Clusterface

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Août 2009
nope, but since ive stopped smoking during the week, i dream like crazy.
It's like a second life :)

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Clusterface a dit:
That has been my experience as well. The dreams seem even more vivid and intense in the absence of weed than they were before I started smoking at all. I started keeping a dream journal and now I think dreams are taken for granted in a big way by many people.

Yaj

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
6 Nov 2009
I smoke about 5 joints daily and I dream all the time. I remember them in the morning when I wake up to roll the days joints.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
We talked before about this sometimes before over here on psychonaut. I am also one of the people who can't dream after i have smoked. It takes at least a week after quiting, when the dreams do come back again. So i am pretty sure it is the weed.

Altough, in the other threads we talked about it. There where still plenty some people who just dreamed like they always did. So it is not something that does happen to everyone, but still it happen to quite a few people....

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
It's funny you post this topic, I had to stop smoking for a few because I got sick. Do you guys ever get really bizarre dreams while being sick? At least I do... extremely bizarre. The combination of not smoking, in which my dreams coming back and they are extremely lucid, and the sickness, has made my recent dreams so bizarre it is beyond anything I have experienced in the dreaming world!!

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
Me too. Virtually no dreaming when smoking, and I tend to smoke for weeks on end.

I wonder if it's just the recollection of the dreams or the dreams themselves. I'd feel a lot better if it was just the recollection that was gone. It seems like altering your sleep so much could have psychological effects that might not be positive.

Jung would probably hate weed because of this.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Sounds like fun user! Have you been running a fever with this sickness? When I was sick, younger (haven't been sick in ages) and with fever, I used to get bad delirium. Needless to say when I slept the dreams were even more vivid than when awake, but I really saw (and believed) some crazy shit while I was delirious.

On one such occasion I was told by a small group of leprechauns to take a bath with my clothes on. If I wasn't stopped at the last minute by my dad, I absolutely would have, winter coat and all!

Mysticwarrior, that is interesting. Clearly this is something others are interested in as well.

Yaj, you are lucky. Have you ever stopped smoking for a period for some reason, noticing that your dreams changed in some way during this time?

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
Haha, yes I have thought the same, Acim. I think it stands to reason that it is the recollection part, not the actual act of dreaming. Think about what happens to your short-term memory when you're stoned, right?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I don't really have a fever this time around, well maybe a mild one. But I have experienced the same thing. It was a reoccuring dream, and utterly terrifying.

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
Mysticwarrior, that is interesting. Clearly this is something others are interested in as well.

On the dutch side we also had a pretty long thread about this. A lot of people do recognise it, and experience a period of very intense dreams. I also experienced a couple of nightmares, like getting multiple death sentence in different country's in the same dream. But just when it was my turn to die, it stopped and continued somewhere else.

Also in one of those dreams what i do remember from these periods, was one where i where somewhere else in the universe, and beneath me was a plate of glass. When i looked trough it, i saw thousands of people on moving sidewalk and at the end of it moving sidewalk, there was a huge hole. In this hole there where a sort of sharp right up standing knifes. All the people did fall down in that hole, but without resisting. And i could only watch.

These sorts of dreams i have when i have quited for a certain period. Then they get better and better, and turn out to the dreams i had before i ever smoked weed. Just normal dreams. I see there is definably a pattern in what i experience if i quit. Right now i smoke daily and don't dream, and i will if i quit, i will!

And i have read posts of others who experienced this same thing on different websites and in different topics on psychonaut. Why some of us don't experience this and others do, i really don't know. But there are more people who do notice this same pattern. So i can't believe like some others do, that it is all just coincidence.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
I dream less vivid when I go to sleep with active THC in my system. Cannabis gives me a high quality sleep which feels very natural, deep and healthy, so refreshed the next day, especially after a few cups of coffee.

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
I notice that I don't dream if I smoke in the evening. I probably do, but I end up not remembering the dream.
But the nights I don't smoke, I dream hardcore.
I'm not sure why this happens, cuz I've heard many people not being able to remember their dreams when they smoke.
It's interesting though. :)

Moderation is always the key. :D

Gratefully_dead

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Mai 2007
Clusterface a dit:

actually it's funny you should say that because I havent smoked any bud all week and I've been having very vivid very strange dreams and actually remembering them, whereas usually i forget them all upon awakening

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
^^^^ agreed.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
when i'm smoking 2-3 times a week no effect on my dreams at all. actually i've had some pretty amazing dreams after smoking grass... colorful, vibrant..

havent smoked in a week now because i've been sick..

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
I hardly ever dream (or remember my dreams at least) after smoking weed
but then randomly i'll have an intense dream after being stoned that night and it will be quite clear in the morning
but generally i cant remember any dreams after smoking up

damn shame really, i enjoy dreaming

Space-is-the-Place

Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
Well, i recently quit smoking and now i smoke pure pipes and can recall my dreams afterwards.
It may very well be the fact that i smoke less weed (then in a joint) which doesn't kill all my dreams.

sambasic

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
20 Nov 2009
Not really unless I write them down straight after waking up, I do however remember that the dreams are pretty insane.