Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cannabis alternatives?

Lloupish

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Juil 2011
Heya, I'm a student in the UK looking for any substance that can be legitimately used as an alternative to cannabis. I'm looking for something preferably legal, preferably cheaper than cannabis and preferably purchasable online that has a legitimate relaxing feel to it; a proper effect.

I've purchased a bunch of "alternative mixes" before, from sites like Everyonedoesit.com but they do not work for me; it's simply something that produces smoke and no effect. Tobacco also isn't too viable an option as it's rather expensive and unhealthy and gives me a major headache when I take it on its own.

Any help or discussions at all would be appreciated!

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
I find Wild Dagga to be quite a nice smoke. It is nowhere near as strong as cannabis, but it does give me a very mild sedative, bit of a mellow feeling (smoked as a rather big joint with no tobacco or anything else added to it). I would compare the strength of the effects to tobacco, just giving a different kind of effect. It can be easily bought through ebay for pretty cheap prices. The active ingredient, Leonurine, is said to be addictive according to some people, in the same way that nicotine is. I haven't noticed this at all though, but then again I don't smoke it every day like people smoke cigarettes.
Also (bit off-topic though), I just recently smoked it during an acid trip for the first time, and it was like smoking good cannabis while sober. Not that I became sober, but when I use cannabis during a psychedelic experience it catapults the experience, making it much stronger (which is good if that's what you are looking for). The wild dagga however just made it more mellow and euphoric, with some sedation, and allowed me to go slightly deeper into the experience. I liked it very much :).

Further, there are of course synthetic cannabinoids. Some of them seem to be quite strong from what I have read. However, I wouldn't recommend those. They're still research chemicals, and might have long term unwanted effects on your health, such as this one might have: Cardiotoxicity Associated with the Synthetic Cannabinoid, K9

And, if you don't mind drinking, instead of smoking, your substance, you might like Kratom (but be warned: it requires an acquired taste). It is a mild "opiate". It has some potential for addiction, but not nearly as much as real opiates. Tried it a few times, with a rather big variety in (proper) effects. It is quite nice. Just as with cannabis there are different strains. Some are very stimulating, some very sedative, others being in between. I don't know that much about kratom though, so someone else can probably tell you more about it.

Mercredid

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Oct 2011
Excuse me but I can not understand why you are searching for a cannabis alternative. I'm a french student, and I think that you're lucky enought to live in England, where pot is really excellent and cheap compared to France.
If you want to stop smoking, then just give up, why would you need anything else?

jaywabz

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Juin 2010
im sort of on a simalur search for a legal cannibis alternative. I dont want anything synthetic. Iv tried some herbal blends, the only one that seems to have a noticable sedation effect are the ones with wild dagga as prevoiusly mentioned. Even if cannabis is avaible and of good quality, it is still an illegal activity where you are taking a risk when purchasing or consuming it. Because it is not legally regulated, you also take the risk of being robbed or ripped off, not to mention where I live cannabis is way to expensive. Perhaps I will try wilda dagga alone, or maybe kratom. :?:

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Have to update my view on wild dagga. I've been smoking hardly any cannabis lately, maybe once every two weeks at the most. I smoked a wild dagga joint a while back, and it gave me a very noticeable stoned feeling. Small eyes, little forced smile, just quite a strong mellow feeling. It also gave me incredible munchies haha. It is definitely stronger than a nicotine buzz. Though (sadly in my opinion) I'd say it is more similar to an indica strain than to a sativa strain; it doesn't get me very high, mostly just stoned.
The effects do seem to become very pronounced after having given up on cannabis for a while. Some strong cross-tolerance going on there. Maybe a sign that wild dagga also acts on the endogenous cannabinoid system?