Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Can Mycelium Die?

mmv

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Mai 2007
So i used thoe petri dishes with agar in them.. to create some mycelium, as i had really little spores quantity left in my syringe after the my first attempt to grow shrooms. (turned to be a disaster.. anyway).
The mycelium appeared in the dishes after just about 24 hours.. then it kept growing.. for like 4 or 5 days. Then it just stopped.
Now, after one or two weeks, nothing else happened. It's in the same state.
The agar is not fully colonized.. the mycelium is really really thin.. if you need a pic, tell me, i will try to take one.
So, my question is - can mycelium die? or it will stay in there forever?
Can i use my 3 weeks old mycelium to create a mycelium solution and try to colonize my substrate?
Also, i'd like to not that it's not really agar.. cause it's not yellowish. it's white. transparent. the substrate i have in my petri dishes is transparent-grey-white, like that. i know agar should be yellow...
but the mycelium did appear in it, anyway. it just it didnt fully colonized it.
Suggestions? :?

GOD

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yes .
No.
Yes.
I dont know where you got the agar agar dishes from ? Or the recipe for making it ? Did you make it yourself ? Please tell me that , and at what temperature you are keeping it at ? A few more details of what you are doing , and where you got your information on how to do what you are doing would possibly help .

Yellow agar ???

mmv

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Mai 2007
first of all... let me stop laughing my ass out at your signature. GENIUS. aahahaha

now.
i got the agar from a hostpial's laboratory. it is WHITE, not yellow. i didnt prepare it myself.
i am keeping it at 26 degrees Celsius. it's liek 1 month old now... and in 2 of the 4 dishes some contamination just developed (weir.d. i havent opened the dishes.. tho after 3 weeks some brown contamination appeared..)
i just put some drops from a spore syringe in the medium.. in 5 days some white substance appeared in the dishes.. then it stopped developing.
now, i abandoned this project, however, cause i ordered some new spores. but i still want to know the answer to this question.. if the mycelium can die. i know that i fyou keep it in the refrigerator, itt's ok to use it after several months.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Myceleum can die . Do you know if / what is in the sterile(???) agar mixture as the nutrient ? Was the agar meant for myceleum in the first place and not bacteria or ??? = Did you buy your agar dishes from a laboratory supliers or "obtain" them from a hospital = WERE THE CULTURE DISHES REALY EMPTY / CLEAN , OR WAS SOMEONE CULTIVATING SMALLPOX ??? OR SOMETHING EQUALY AS NICE ON THEM ??? If they are contaminated without you doing it thats probably the answer to why your myceleum has stoped growing.

mmv

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Mai 2007
well i guess the medium was for bacterias.. since i got it from a hospital's laboratory.
And maybe that's why the mycelium stopped growing too, right?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Yes thats what i think , either the wrong nutrient / substrat or that something else grew on it . Try smelling it . Hospitals do have / use lots of very unspecific agar agar cultures though that mushrooms would grow on . Have you looked at it with a magnifying glass ? Could it have dried out ? If its still alive either leave it and see what happens or squirt a bit of either malt or yeast solution on to it and wait and see what happens , in the mean time pray .

mmv

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Mai 2007
well.. the susbtrate is DEFINETLY not agar. i told you, its white/transparent.
right now i have only 2 more dishes partially colonized with white mycelium.
the other 2 are contaminated with that brown thing.. which keeps developing.
i dont have a magnifing glass.
Hey, at some point, when i was keeping the dishes in the incubator at 29 degrees Celsius, a lot of water evaporated from the substrate and deposited on the upper wall of the dish. Is that bad? I mean.. its clear that the susbtrate miught have dried out.. 'cause it was hot in there, and the water evaporated and it deposited on the walls. is this a risk?
ive opened one of the dishes with non contaminated mycelium and smelled it. iot smells.. somehow fresh.. and like wet bread (!?). thats the first thing that cames into my mind: wet bread..
i dont have malt or yeast solution.
now, im not that interested in saving the situation anymore, as i ordered new spores. i just want to learn about this and find out what happened.