Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Can 5x blow your socks off?

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
I've only done leaves so far, but the effect is pretty mild. Fun, but mild and very very short, sometimes only lasting a couple of minutes before things start to fade.

So my question is twofold :
Does 5x's effects last longer than the leaves?
Can you get blasted into hyperspace from it, not even recognizing your surroundings anymore?
(I have 5x and 10x btw, both 1 gram)

Thanks mucho.

PS : a sitter is pretty much out of the question for me

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
The first time I really succeeded in doing 5X, I momentarily felt my body literally pulled in a circular direction (i was actually moving but it was like being "on rails" with a real sensation of being an automaton just being pulled about) then blacked, woke up in the same spot thinking I was a forest dog creature on my hands and knees letting out soft barking sounds.. this as I regained lucidity and realized I could stop barking.

So yes. For me anyway, completely different order of experience. A sitter probably isn't a bad idea the first time trying it..

(as for length 5 up to 10 minutes in my experience.. it's funny, higher doses for me never went all visual, they were every sense except the visual sense, body trips.. swim on the other hand was all about the crazy toffee visuals)

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
oh, SWIM... internet drug culture shorthand for 'someone who isn't me'. usually people use it to pretend it isn't them "SWIM took 3 hits of e" etc. I guess I use it more literally. I smoked a bit of hash, SWIM drank a beer..

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
BridgeUnder a dit:
I've only done leaves so far, but the effect is pretty mild. Fun, but mild and very very short, sometimes only lasting a couple of minutes before things start to fade.

So my question is twofold :
Does 5x's effects last longer than the leaves?
Can you get blasted into hyperspace from it, not even recognizing your surroundings anymore?
(I have 5x and 10x btw, both 1 gram)

Thanks mucho.

Depends on how sensitive, or how not sensitive you are. For some people 5x just gives them body effects. For others they're blasted off into a whole new world. Personally higher extracts work for me. Anywhere between 40-80x, or 100 gives me a good trip. Anything lower is just eye-candy and body effects.

And it should be more intense than smoking plain dried leaves. It'll last the same time though. You may be feeling that the dried leaves didn't last for more than 1-2 mins. Extracts are more intense and hence can last from 5-15 mins, or more. Depends on how many bowls you smoke and such.

Sitter is recommended, but it's pretty hard to walk around while on Salvia. It's not impossible though. Just do it in a familiar place with all lights, noise and fans off. Please take the phone off the hook. I made the mistake once to leave the phone on in my room. When it rang it ended up being a horrid trip.

I'd smoke the 5x first. Smoke all of it over a period of time. There's a reverse tolerance for some people. Meaning you have to do more of it more often to gain its effects. So smoke all the 5x over, say.. 2-3 weeks then move up to the 10x. get familiar with how the body effects feel, and the visuals if you've any-- and then think if you want to move on to something more intense, like 20, or 30x. Take it slow though. Don't smoke 5x then shoot up to 80x. Your mind won't be ready.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
BridgeUnder a dit:

Then don't do it.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Thanks people, kinda changes per person then huh?
I don't understand this reverse tolerance thing though. Is there a residue from previous trips left in your system?
And would once a week be enough to get more results?

Forkbender a dit:
Then don't do it.

I've always tripped alone, around 10 times now.
Toughest was a double dose of Phil. Stones and I wasn't scared one bit. It was hella crazy and very exhausting but I could take it.

With Salvia I usually have the feeling there is "something" with me in the room. I need at least 3 hits to get anything going (leaves).

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I don't quite understand it either, but the reverse tolerance thing seems to work that way for me. The more frequently I'm doing it the more effective it seems to become. When I was actively exploring salvia (about 2 years ago now) it was like once or twice a week for about a month or two... Started with very small doses and gradually increased the dose to see how I would react. Eventually I found the optimal amount that worked for me.

And yeah cool, lower doses of salvia, that was always the first thing I felt as well.. presence.

I can't stress enough though that even if you are used to mushies or tabs, a strong salvia trip is a very different beast because you completely forget who you are and where you are and this may last up to several minutes. You may move about like an automaton during this state.

Hence forkbender's advice... But if you do attempt a stronger extract on your own, be as safe as possible. start with small doses. make a safe cozy space you can lay/sit down in or walk mindlessly in circles in.. and clear the area so that if you drop your pipe (as you lose lucidity) it won't start a fire or something. it's definitely safer to have someone around the first time you try a high dose just to know how you react

anyway i hope i'm not psyching up the salvia extract trip into some terrifying thing... i personally never had a 'bad trip' on salvia. just a bit of precaution, especially because of the momentary loss of lucidity, is a good idea

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Thanks for the tips st.bot.32, but a sitter who could possibly freak out to your behavior, call an ambulance or start to shout and panic, is imo much worse than no sitter at all.

I've got no carpet so the fire thing shouldn't happen. I can clear out my bed room a bit to have some space to crawl in on all fours. :)
But I'll stick to the leaves for the time being, maybe I'll get a stronger trip when doing it twice a week.

And concerning bad trips : I wouldn't be tripping if I had any fears of having one.
The unknown is more exciting than frightening to me.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
if you have leaves, have you ever tried the quid method?

it takes a lot of leaves (at least 5-7g) and a bit of resilience (as you can't even swallow for 20-30 minutes... and it isn't always successful) but when it works it's very interesting and dreamlike

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
BridgeUnder a dit:
Thanks for the tips st.bot.32, but a sitter who could possibly freak out to your behavior, call an ambulance or start to shout and panic, is imo much worse than no sitter at all.

I've got no carpet so the fire thing shouldn't happen. I can clear out my bed room a bit to have some space to crawl in on all fours. :)
But I'll stick to the leaves for the time being, maybe I'll get a stronger trip when doing it twice a week.

And concerning bad trips : I wouldn't be tripping if I had any fears of having one.
The unknown is more exciting than frightening to me.

Have a sitter who has done Salvia. It's often best. People who don't know what it is probably will have a hard time coping while someone's under its effects.

As for the crawling about-- it's kinda hard to do anything but lay there, dude. Some people have a 'whoa, what the fuck' reaction to it so they start walking around. If you feel like you'd be one of those people, get a sitter. You wouldn't want to trip over a couch and stab your leg on the coffee table and not even know it until the trip is over. "Holy fuck, how'd I start bleeding?" .. Not a good thing. :P

Have a bowl next to your bed so you can place your pipe in there. Don't have any fans on, that way the ash won't fly somewhere. Once your pipe starts talking, put it in the bowl, or dragons mouth. It's best to start off with lower extracts so you know basically what objects turn into what so you can place them into each other once you're flying into space.

It's best to lay on your back while on Salvia. Choose the bed, or floor. Or you can sit cross-legged like I do, place your hands on your knees, place your middle finger to your thumb on both hands and dreeeeam.

Here's a photo of the sitting position I'm talking about:

meditation-saidaonline.jpg

if you can't cross your legs like that, don't worry. Just cross them how it's comfortable.

As for bad trips: you never know when you might have one. A simple thing like a helicopter flying over your house, or a dog barking can ruin a very good trip.

Things to think about: don't be concerned with your heartbeat. You're not gonna have a heart attack. It speeds up like a motherfucker, but you're perfectly fine. Also you'll likely be sweating like a waterfall. No worries there. The gland Salv. A works on controls body temperature. It's simply reacting to the molecule and telling the body to cool itself down. In essence: don't freak out about anything. Stay calm and as always, treat Sally with the utmost respect. [/img]

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Synith a dit:
As for the crawling about-- it's kinda hard to do anything but lay there, dude. Some people have a 'whoa, what the fuck' reaction to it so they start walking around. If you feel like you'd be one of those people, get a sitter.

That's sort of what I mean, it's good to take it easy and see how salvia treats you.

Some people start moving about on salvia, and as I found out, I'm one of them. And no, it wasn't a 'whoa, what the fuck' reaction as you describe it at all. The motions I make are seemingly completely out of my conscious control and it feels like something else is doing it. I almost felt like a puppet with the strings being pulled hence I described myself as feeling like an automaton. Once I felt a ghost push me against the wall and hold me against it for like 30 seconds. Several times it felt like my body was being pulled about on a path, as if it were "on rails" that I couldn't consciously pull myself out of.

Anyway it's never been anything to worry about in my case. The motions are so slow and automated that I would never even make it out of the room much less have it occur to me that I could leave the room

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
BridgeUnder a dit:
Forkbender a dit:
Then don't do it.

I've always tripped alone, around 10 times now.
Toughest was a double dose of Phil. Stones and I wasn't scared one bit. It was hella crazy and very exhausting but I could take it.

I've had around 10 grams dried cubensis alone, I've done DMT alone, I've done *high* doses of acid (>400 mics) alone and I would never do Saliva alone unless I'm in the middle of a huge field in the dark with soft spots all around. The thing with Salvia is that you will forget what is happening, but can still move around, even without you knowing it. If you smoke just a little too much you can come to your senses in the middle of the street, that's why I say don't do it unless there is a sitter. I don't think the person necessarily needs to have experience with Salvia, just make sure you can trust him/her and that s/he shuts up as long as you are tripping.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
^That's the only way I would ever do a higher dose of salvia completely alone.

I can however do the quid method alone quite comfortably

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^true.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Forkbender a dit:
If you smoke just a little too much you can come to your senses in the middle of the street, that's why I say don't do it unless there is a sitter. I don't think the person necessarily needs to have experience with Salvia, just make sure you can trust him/her and that s/he shuts up as long as you are tripping.

Doors can be locked can't they?

BridgeUnder a dit:

To add to this, I can have NO sitter.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^can you tell us why you cannot have a sitter? I don't understand.

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Forkbender a dit:
^can you tell us why you cannot have a sitter? I don't understand.

Outside my family, no one knows I'm doing all of this. And most family members would strongly object to it.
I can't trust anyone to be a responsible sitter basically.

I have a question though : in theory, could a person under the influence seriously harm his own sitter (or himself)?

Synith

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
9 Nov 2008
BridgeUnder a dit:
Outside my family, no one knows I'm doing all of this. And most family members would strongly object to it.
I can't trust anyone to be a responsible sitter basically.

Then start with low doses so you can get familiar with how it feels and how you react to it.

BridgeUnder a dit:
I have a question though : in theory, could a person under the influence seriously harm his own sitter (or himself)?

Yes. At high enough doses, the body will not recognize, or respond to pain. So if you flip out and grab the knife sitting on your desk and start stabbing your leg-- yes you can harm yourself. As for your sitter: if they're sober, they should be able to handle the matter. Salvia messes up your coordination, so it's pretty easy to fall over, or 'black out' and start moving around without knowing what you're doing. This is why a sitter is recommended. Personally I've never had that issue. I usually just lay there all :shock: , or wow-faced. :B
In other words, admire the light-- don't walk up to it and touch the tentacle. Bad things happen to good people.

Like I said, start with low doses if you can't do a sitter. Get used to it, then move up. (:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
There is a report on Erowid from someone waking up from his Salvia trip while driving 160 on the freeway. I don't know if it is real, but there are enough stories like this to make me certain that it is possible to hurt yourself.